Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Blog Tour: Illegal Contact (The Barons #1) by Santino Hassell. Includes Exclusive Excerpt.

ic

We are thrilled to welcome Santino Hassell to Sinfully today as he celebrates the release of his new novel Illegal Contact. Go check it out!

left&rightaddpicinmiddleFootball_Ball_PNG_Clip_Art_Imageleft&rightaddpicinmiddle

Exclusive Excerpt

The photog raised the camera and took a picture of my outraged face. In one second, my jaw dropped. In the other, my anger exploded and turned me into a rage monster.

“You son-of-a—”

“Are you Gavin Brawley’s assistant? I heard he has one.”

“It’s none of your—”

Flash.

I blinked several times and stormed towards him.

“Friend? Lover?”

The douche asked the last question with a laugh in his voice, and it set me off like a rocket. I crossed the distance between us in two strides, grabbed his camera before he could react, and threw the damn thing towards the water. It didn’t make it all the way, but it was definitely damp after a hard landing.

“Hey!” the guy shouted. “Do you have any idea how much that cost?”

“Do you have any idea how little I fuckin’ care?” I shoved his shoulder. “You’re on private property. Technically, I could beat the shit out of you and drown your ass, then say I felt threatened. Try me.”

“Jesus Christ . . .” The photog scrambled for his camera. “You’re a real asshole.”

“No, you people are the assholes. He’s not a fucking animal at the zoo. You don’t get to gawk just because he’s locked in here.”

“He’s famous. Everyone gets to gawk.”

It was so enraging that I strode towards him again, but a hand dropped on my shoulder. I glanced
over my shoulder to see Gavin looming over me with a seriously amused expression on his face. Christ, he was cute when he did that stupid little half smile of his. Not that I saw it much. I mostly saw everything but his smile since he walked around exactly as he was right now—shirtless, shoeless, and wearing basketball shorts that barely hit his thick, muscular thighs.

“Your assistant is an asshole,” the photog squawked.

“That’s why I hired him.” Gavin didn’t move his big hand from my shoulder or take his eyes off me even as he jerked his head. “Beat it, Vito. If I catch your ass around here again, I’ll let him smack you around.”

Vito flipped us off and hurried away.

“That was some language for a buttoned-up yuppie with a master’s in social work.”

“He pissed me off,” I said, turning to face him. “People act like you’re not a real person. Like they can just do whatever the hell they want.”

“Most people think they can.” Gavin squeezed my shoulder and let his hand drop away, the fingers skimming down my arm. “Why’s it bother you so much?”

“Because it’s bullshit! For all we know, he was going to lurk around and take pictures through your windows.”

“Probably,” Gavin said, nodding. “What’re you gonna do if he does?”

“Punch him in the face.”

Gavin burst out laughing. It was such a foreign sound that it startled me, as did the way his golden eyes crinkled at the sides. The sound was so oddly pleasant that my irritation crumbled. I grinned.

“Look, I get a little riled up when it comes to people invading privacy and dehumanizing. I went
through it a lot in school when people found out I’m gay. They thought it automatically meant I had some kinky sex life, and they were entitled to the details. Or to watch.” I glanced in the direction the photog had gone. “I know it’s totally different, but it drives me insane. You may be a rich asshole, but you’re still a person.”

“You really are a righteous little hero, aren’t you?”

“If that’s how you want to put it.” I stalked around him and headed back to the patio. “I’m not trying to humble brag. I just like helping people. And defending people who can’t defend themselves.”

“You think I can’t defend myself?” Gavin asked incredulously. “Wow. This is a conversation I never thought I’d have.”

I threw him a dry look. “I’m not talking about physically, you big damn jock. But if you think about it, you have zero control over what they say about you and what they make people believe about you, and there’s nothing you can do about it. I think it sucks.”

Gavin’s brows rose. I expected him to say something disparaging or sarcastic, but he just looked
down at me with his arms hanging at his sides. He seemed . . . confused. Maybe surprised.

“You’re a person,” I said again. “And they should treat you like one.”


left&rightaddpicinmiddleFootball_Ball_PNG_Clip_Art_Imageleft&rightaddpicinmiddle

Illegal Contact

(The Barons #1)

Santino Hassell

IllegalContact3Publisher ~ Intermix/ Berkley Publishing

Published ~ 15th August 2017

Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance

Rating

1c_thumb21c_thumb31c_thumb41c_thumb51c_thumb6

goodreads-add-to_thumb

Synopsis

New York Barons tight end Gavin Brawley is suspended from the team and on house arrest after a video of him brawling goes viral. Gavin already has a reputation as a jerk with a temper on and off the field—which doesn’t help him once he finds himself on the wrong side of the law. And while he’s been successful professionally, he’s never been lucky when it comes to love.

Noah Monroe is a recent college grad looking for a job—any job—to pay off his mounting student debt. Working as Gavin’s personal assistant/babysitter seems like easy money. But Noah isn’t prepared for the electrifying tension between him and the football player. He’s not sure if he’d rather argue with Gavin or tackle him to the floor. But both men know the score, and neither is sure what will happen once Gavin's timeout is over…

 

::: DEBRA’S REVIEW :::

Purchase Links

AMAZON GLOBAL LINK | B&N | iBOOKS | KOBO

left&rightaddpicinmiddleFootball_Ball_PNG_Clip_Art_Imageleft&rightaddpicinmiddle

Meet Santino Hassell

SH imageSantino Hassell was raised by a conservative family, but he was anything but traditional. He grew up to be a smart-mouthed, school cutting grunge kid, then a transient twenty-something, and eventually transformed into an unlikely romance author.

Santino writes queer romance that is heavily influenced by the gritty, urban landscape of New York City, his belief that human relationships are complex and flawed, and his own life experiences.


WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | FB GROUP | TWITTER | GOODREADS | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR | AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the excerpt. The book sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete