Friday, June 02, 2017

Release Day Review: Mature Content (Cyberlove #4) by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell

MatureContent-fTitle ~ Mature Content (Cyberlove #4)

Author ~ Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell

Published ~  2nd June 2017

Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance

Rating

1c_thumb21c_thumb31c_thumb41c_thumb51ca

goodreads-add-to_thumb

Synopsis

My life plan is to be brutally honest all the way to the bank. Don't believe me? I run a popular YouTube channel called TrashyZane, and my claim to fame is oversharing about every aspect of my personal life. Sometimes while tipsy. Not everyone loves my style, but I have a long history of icing out people who can't handle me. I have no time for judgmental foolishness.
Except, apparently, when it comes to Beau Starr. His channel is the polar opposite of mine, and so is he. Wholesome, inspirational, and clean-cut. Everything about him should turn me off, but when we hook up following a confrontation at a convention, my world flips upside down. Not only does Beau Starr turn me on, he uses the exact combination of dirty talk and roughness needed to turn me out.
But we still hate each other. I think.

 

Debra’s Review

I was so excited when this book was announced to be the pairing of warring YouTubers Trashy Zane and Beau Starr. You could feel the tension between them at the end of Hard Wired, but if you haven’t read that one you can read this as a standalone as the start of Mature Content overlaps the events at the end of the last and retells the scene from Beau’s point of view

Beau Starr is the inspirational LGBT YouTuber who is always picture perfect, and happy to be living life. Nothing like TrashyZane who lets it all hang out for the world to see, messes included. Beau hides his mess behind the smiling image. He’s soured on relationships after being betrayed by someone he thought he loved, but he can’t resist the pull of Zane. Zane sees the Beau Starr brand for what it is and knows just how to taunt Beau. It’s as if he can see through the fake smile into all the rough and dirty fantasies Beau has. Too bad he despises the man.

Hate sex for the win folks! That’s what it starts off as. Hot and hard hate sex for Beau to prove that he doesn’t have to prove anything to Zane, but he’s going to prove that he’s definitely not “sugar-free vanilla ice cream”. Damn, if Beau Starr isn’t dirtier in bed than Zane even imagined. Hair pulling, giving orders and ripping clothes, Beau is perfectly suited to Zane’s kink.

Behind the YouTube personas are real people. Zane is pretty honest on his TrashyZane channel but Beau Starr is an act that Beau Shields is starting to rethink. He’s becoming more conflicted about the image he is projecting and his reasons behind it, some of which aren’t even his own. It’s really brought to light once he starts getting to know Zane as a person and realizes how judgmental he has been, slut-shaming Zane as he rails against it to his subscribers.

The story is less angsty than the last one, but it has its moments, as well as drama courtesy of Beau’s past coming back to haunt them and Beau’s realization that he has to figure out just what it is that he wants out of his life. Beau has his parents’ overbearing support but some of that isn’t sitting with him well either. Zane’s parents on the other hand, aren’t supportive of him and though he has mostly dealt with that at this point in his life it still hurts. He does have a wonderful grandmother and is working on salvaging other parts of his past that he regrets giving up on.

There are plenty of hot scenes so we know the men are smoking between the sheets, but I missed seeing some of their other time together when things started. There are references to Skype sessions that I would have liked to have gotten a peek at not just for a hot cybersex scene, but to see them starting to build their emotional bond. It left me feeling like I missed out on some relationship building when they suddenly seemed to be more emotionally involved. When we do get them trading texts and random facts about each other, they have the same great fun banter that carries over from their more public, antagonistic moments.

I loved how everything leading up to the eventual big drama moment built slowly and when it all finally exploded it was full of emotion and wasn’t unnecessarily dragged out. Zane is happy to have found someone he wasn’t even looking for and he wears his feelings for all to see. Beau has a lot he is afraid of and can be pretty selfish and that all leads to an epic blow out that finally has Beau getting his act together. Both men act out when fear and panic get the best of them, but Beau is good with the groveling and Zane is just a sweetheart who can’t resist it.

This is a fantastic series of books and Mature Content did not disappoint. Beau and Zane are as adorable together as they are hot and I was glad that this was a lighter story that still managed to have me invested in these two getting their acts together.

Purchase Links

AMAZON GLOBAL LINK

doodle_underlines_12

Cyberlove Series

StrongSignal-f_thumb_thumb1

Strong Signal (Cyberlove #1)

I was counting down the months until the end of my deployment. My days were spent working on military vehicles, and I spent my nights playing video games that would distract me until I could leave Staff Sergeant Garrett Reid behind.
That was when I met him: Kai Bannon, a fellow gamer with a famous stream channel.
I never expected to become fixated on someone who'd initially been a rival. And I'd never expected someone who oozed charm to notice me—a guy known for his brutal honesty and scowl. I hadn't planned for our online friendship to turn into something that kept me up at night—hours of chatting evolving into filthy webcam sessions.
But it did. And now I can't stop thinking about him. In my mind, our real life meeting is perfect. We kiss, we fall into bed, and it's love at first sight.
Except, like most things in my life, it doesn't go as planned.
*Strong Signal is a standalone, full-length novel with no cliffhanger*

Review :: Amazon

fast connection

Fast Connection (Cyberlove #2)

After a decade of serving in the Army, everyone still expects me to be Dominic 'Nicky' Costigan--the skirt-chasing player. They don't know I've been spending my days trying to figure out my post-military life. Including how to pick up guys.
When I meet Luke on a hookup app, he makes it clear it's for one-night only. That's fine with me, because I'm down to see what this silver fox can do. But after I arrive at his doorstep, it doesn't take long to realize we have serious chemistry, and we end up meeting again.
He's got more walls around his heart than a military base, but I think he's as addicted to me as I am to him. He can't resist me for long. I mean, who can? Except Luke's rules exist for a reason, and when I test his limits, things get complicated. Maybe too complicated.
*FAST CONNECTION is a standalone, full-length romance novel with no cliffhanger*

Review :: Amazon

hard wired

Hard Wired (Cyberlove #3)

My FallenCon agenda is simple: sit on a couple of panels and let people meet the real me. Jesse Garvy—mod of a famous Twitch channel and, if I ever come out of my shell, future vlogger. I definitely didn’t plan to sleep with a moody tattooed fan-artist, but he’s gorgeous and can’t keep his hands off me. There's a first time for everything, and my first time with a guy turns out to be the hottest experience of my life.
But the next day, I find out my moody fan-artist is Ian Larsen AKA Cherry—someone I've known online for years. And he'd known exactly who I was while shoving me up against that wall. Before I figure out whether to be pissed or flattered, the con ends.
Now we're back online, and he's acting like nothing happened. But despite the distance between us, and the way he clings to the safety of his online persona, we made a real connection that night. I don't plan to let him forget.

Review :: Amazon


doodle_underlines_12

Connect with the Authors

6879435

 

Megan Erickson worked as a journalist covering real-life dramas before she decided she liked writing her own endings better and switched to fiction. She's a multi-published author with Avon, Berkley, and Entangled. She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband, two kids and two cats.

 


  WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | FB GROUP | PINTEREST | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

 

4942228

 

Santino Hassell is a writer of queer romance heavily influenced by the gritty, urban landscape of New York City, his belief that human relationships are complex and flawed, and his own life experiences



WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS | AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment