Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Charlie Cochet’s Men & Mischief Monthly Author Column… Writing Fox Shifters and The Foxling Soldati

Charlie M & M

Hello, all! Thank you so much for joining me for my monthly author column here at Sinfully. Today I’m chatting a little about The Foxling Soldati, the second book in my Soldati Hearts series (due out in August), and sharing with you the fabulous cover by L.C. Chase!

FF_Divider_Pink

Hello, all! Thank you so much for joining me for my monthly author column here at Sinfully. Today I’m chatting a little about The Foxling Soldati, the second book in my Soldati Hearts series (due out in August), and sharing with you the fabulous cover by L.C. Chase!

Writing this little series has been so much fun. I loved that I got to write fox shifters for the first time. I enjoyed researching all the different types of foxes, watching videos, and looking through pictures. Several different fox species appear in The Foxling Soldati, from a bat-eared fox to a fennec fox. Toka, the foxling servant in The Foxling Soldati is a red fox. He’s sweet, kind, and more than a match for the handsome and roguish tiger-shifter duke, Rayner Durant.

When I lived in South Florida, I don’t think I ever came across any foxes. Most likely because my house was close to a busy intersection. My first real experience with foxes came when I lived in London. I remember very clearly being in my flat late in the evening watching TV when I heard this horrifying scream come from outside my window. It scared the ever living jeepers out of me. I promptly discovered it was a fox. I told my friend the next day and she laughed at my disbelief that such a terrifying noise could come from something so cute and fluffy. I seriously thought someone was being murdered. I found out that England was divided into those who loved foxes, and those who wanted to catapult them to another continent. Hopefully no one will want to catapult my poor little Toka. I think Rayner might take offense, and no one wants to upset the big, sexy shifter who walks around with a sword in his belt.

So yes, foxes. We also have bear shifters in The Foxling Soldati, mainly they’re from a neighboring kingdom, one in particular who we’ll get to see more of in the third book, and I can’t wait to get started on.

What shifters do you think we don’t get to see enough of in romance? Or which would you like to see more of? Which can't you get enough of?

FF_Divider_Pink

Meet Charlie Cochet

Charlie_Cochet_by_madison_parker150Charlie Cochet is an author by day and artist by night. Always quick to succumb to the whispers of her wayward muse, no star is out of reach when following her passion. From adventurous agents and sexy shifters, to society gentlemen and hardboiled detectives, there’s bound to be plenty of mischief for her heroes to find themselves in, and plenty of romance, too!

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found reading, drawing, or watching movies. She runs on coffee, thrives on music, and loves to hear from readers.

Website | THIRDS HQ | Facebook | Facebook Author Page | Twitter | Pinterest | Tumblr | Instagram | Newsletter | DSP |Amazon |Goodreads

FF_Divider_Pink

Giveaway

Each month, on our Author Column posts we will gift to one lucky commenter, a Kindle eBook from your TBR list.

Please leave your email address with your comment so we can contact you.

Good Luck!

21 comments:

  1. Oh, I love foxes as well, though my country (Spain) is also divided between those who love them and those who want to eradicate them... They are quite the pest for those who grow or keep poultry. Not me, I love them, and I love stories about fox shifters. Though I'm really into cat shifters (any kind of cat, whether big or small, wild or tame, I love them all). That's what I cannot get enough of!
    susanaperez7140(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got me happy there with Bears coming up in the next couple of books. I love the bear shifters.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. forgot
      irenejackson28(at)btinternet.com

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any fox shifters yet, yours sound great!

    --Trix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot: vitajex(at)aol(Dot)com

      Delete
  4. Love reading shifter books. This sounds like it is a good series. colby69@verizon.net.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post! Your story of hearing the fox for the first time reminded me of when I first heard coyotes outside our house. They sound like a bunch of cackling witches. Pretty creepy, but I still love coyotes. Speaking of which, a coyote shifter would be cool. Also maybe a ferret.

    jen(dot)f(at)mac(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shifter stories & would like to see more bears, please! Also any unusual shifters that don't get a lot of book time.
    legacylandlisa(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've already covered my favorite shifters - felines! I like foxes too, since they are clever canids.

    skadlec1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shifters... The first I read were wolves, then bears, a rabbit or two, a crocodile, an owl, and a tiger. A fox would be a new one!

    dfair1951@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the big cat and wolf shifters, dragons are good too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to see Polar Bears.
    donnaemayer@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fox shifters, likewise other smaller animals: raccoon, owls (only ever see one and it was a YA one), opossums, etc.
    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love bear shifter stories and really like tiger shifters but there aren't enough stories about them.
    heath0043 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul, congratulations! You are our lucky winner of this month's author column from Charlie. An email is on its way to you :-)

      Delete
  13. I have to admit I am of fan of the Thirds series and I would love to see more cheetah and tiger shifters. These were the first books that I read with those types of shifters involved. Thank you!

    ree.dee.2014 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, I haven't read in books about fox shifters, owls, ferret. Mostly, shifter books are aobut wolves, felines and dragons, you don't see a variation of small animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot my email: serena91291@gmail(dot)com

      Delete
  15. I like the popular Shifters like wild cats, bears, wolves. I've seen an increase in rodents (beavers, hamsters, rabbits) and small animals (foxes etc) and I enjoy those stories too if that shifter animal is used in a complimentary/original way in the story. I still love a good wild cats Shifter tale, especially tigers, panthers, leopards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, forgot my address:
      elmi . raub {at} gmail . com

      Delete
  16. can't wait ✋ for more and more. really like ��all your writing and hard work. thanks..��
    fidesfox@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete