Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Charlie Cochet’s Men & Mischief Monthly Author Column… Music and Inspiration.

Charlie M & M

Hello, all! Thank you so much for joining me once again for my author column here at Sinfully!

FF_Divider_Pink

Music features pretty heavily in my books, especially in the THIRDS series. I listen to music while I write, so it's no surprise when songs make into the story. I can't help it. Music has always been such an inspiration for me. As I write, I create playlists for my books, and my newest release Darkest Hour Before Dawn is no exception. Each THIRDS book has it's own playlist on Spotify filled with songs that fit certain scenes or moods in the story.

Depending on what I'm writing I can either listen to songs with lyrics, or have to listen to instrumental. If I'm writing a fast-paced action sequence, I tend to listen to fast thumping songs that kick things into high gear. When I'm writing Dex and Sloane, I tend to listen to classic rock. Eighties music features a lot in the THIRDS books. For Seb and Hudson's book we go back a little bit more. Where Dex is an eighties child, having been born in 1980, his childhood involved classic rock and eighties tunes. Seb was born in 1974, and his parents dated during the disco age. They taught their boys to dance all the disco classics, and later on Julia Hobbs taught Hudson. I listened to quite a bit of disco and 70s tunes while writing their book. Pandora has a station called Disco Radio that I absolutely love.

I grew up in a home filled with music, whether it was Latin music, the golden oldies, seventies disco, or eighties electro pop, and I love that it's had such a huge influence on me as a person. For me, music soothes the soul. What's your favorite music to get down and boogie to?

Darkest Hour Before Dawn Playlist on Spotify

1. Bad Case of Loving You - Robert Palmer 2. Only Love Can Hurt Like This - Paloma Faith 3. Lay Me Down - Sam Smith, John Legend 4. Stitches - Shawn Mendes 5. You Don't Own Me - Grace 6. Shake Your Groove Thing - Peaches & Herb 7. Life Support - Sam Smith 8. The Man Who Can't Be Moved - The Script 9. You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi 10. Like I Can - Sam Smith 11. Lil Star - Kelis 12. Behind Blue Eyes - Limb Bizkit 13. Hold Back the River - James Bay 14. Better Man - James Morrison

FF_Divider_Pink

51EPW94OkWL._SY346_Genre: Paranormal Gay Romance, Shifters Length: Novel, 224 pages Published: April 25, 2017 Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Cover Artist: L.C. Chase Ebook ISBN-13: 9781635336092 Paperback ISBN-13: 9781635336085

ABOUT

THIRDS Team Leader Sebastian Hobbs and Chief Medical Examiner Hudson Colbourn are as much in love now as they were nearly seven years ago when a tragic event on the job destroyed their relationship. The two drift together only to be pulled apart time and time again. When Hudson draws the interest of dangerous enemies, both within and outside the organization, Seb wants nothing more than to protect the man who still means everything to him.

As life-and-death events, an uncertain future, and startling truths draw Hudson and Seb to each other yet again, they must make a choice: trust their love and take strength from what they share, or lose what matters most… for good this time.

READ CHAPTER ONE HERE ADD TO GOODREADS

OUT NOW!

Dreamspinner Press eBook | Dreamspinner Press Paperback | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iBooks

FF_Divider_Pink

Series Reading Order

Hell & High Water (THIRDS, Book 1)
Blood & Thunder (THIRDS Book 2)
Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, Book 3)
Rise & Fall (THIRDS, Book 4)
Against the Grain (THIRDS, Book 5)
Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, Book 6)
Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, Book 7)
Thick & Thin (THIRDS Book 8)
Darkest Hour Before Dawn (THIRDS, Book 9)

Haven't read the THIRDS series? For a limited time get the Hell & High Water (THIRDS, Book 1) eBook for FREE from Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, iBooks, and Google Play. Also for a limited time, you can get the Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, Book 2) eBook for $1.99 from Amazon and Barnes & Noble, Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, Book 3) for $1.99 from Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and Rise & Fall (THIRDS, Book 4) for $2.99 from Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

FF_Divider_Pink

Meet Charlie Cochet

Charlie_Cochet_by_madison_parker150[3]Charlie Cochet is an author by day and artist by night. Always quick to succumb to the whispers of her wayward muse, no star is out of reach when following her passion. From adventurous agents and sexy shifters, to society gentlemen and hardboiled detectives, there’s bound to be plenty of mischief for her heroes to find themselves in, and plenty of romance, too!

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found reading, drawing, or watching movies. She runs on coffee, thrives on music, and loves to hear from readers.

Website | THIRDS HQ | Facebook | Facebook Author Page | Twitter | Pinterest | Tumblr | Instagram | Newsletter | DSP |Amazon |Goodreads

FF_Divider_Pink

Giveaway

Each week, on our Author Column posts we will gift to one lucky commenter, a Kindle eBook from your TBR list.

What's your favorite music to get down and boogie to?

Please leave your email address with your comment so we can contact you.

Good Luck!

::: And the winner is……. Ilona Fenton ……. CONGRATULATIONS! :::

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for the playlist! It is a good one. I'm an eighties girl myself, just like Dex, so I tend to go to classic eighties rock or pop songs, depending on what I'm feeling like
    susanaperez7140(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything that makes me want to get up and dance or just makes me feel good.😎
    specksus.js@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice playlist ! Stitches can definitely be a Cael/Dex song !
    My song of the moment : Nancy Mulligan by Ed Sheeran :)
    here we go : lilys.notebook.site@gmail.com
    Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the playlist! Some of my favorites are The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a 70s and 80s girl. I love classic rock and 80s pop. Heart,Fleetwood Mac, and Cindy Lauper are just a a few of my favs. The list would be never ending. Thanks for sharing your playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful playlist. Thanks for sharing. I have a very eclectic taste: musicals, country, easy listening and pop. I listen to what I am in the mood for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mostly like progressive rock. And also like to listen to favorite instrumentals from movie soundtracks. Thanks for the post and congrats on the release!

    jen(dot)f(at)mac(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a very eclectic taste in music and will listen to anything at any time, just to give you an idea the top three songs on my eclectic playlist are Peter Hollens a cappella version of The Sound of Silence, Johnathon Young's heavy metal version of Hellfire, and David Bowie's Starman. I do have a preference for country/folk/filk most of the time though.

    felinewyvern at googlemail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Ilona. You are this week's lucky winner of Charlie's author column. An email is on its way to you. Happy reading!

      Delete
  9. Adam Lambert and P!nk are my go-to singers

    leetee2007(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't listen to much music unless I'm with family, however I'm ok with most genres but not really crazy about metal or hip-hop.
    legacylandlisa(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the post. I have to give a nod to someone who's just passed - I loved George Michael through his many iterations. - Purple Reader,
    TheWrote [at] aol [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was born in the 70s, but consider the 80s as the decade in which I grew up. I'm a fan of almost anything from the 70s-00s, and don't care much for today's bubblegum pop stars at all. I don't dance much, especially in public, lol. At home I dance around to 80s/90s techno/alternative and hip-hop, because that's when I started going to bars and clubs and that's what was played. I actually like bluesy stuff too, and if tipsy enough, will dance at local blues festivals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the playlist and congrats on the new book in the series! I'll listen to all types of music but shy away from heavy metal, some rap and all country.
    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all kinds of music! Train, Bruno Mars, Patsy Cline, Norah Jones, A Great Big World, Shawn Mendes, Owl City, Ed Sheeran, Chuck Berry, Nelly Furtado, Counting Crows, Coldplay, Metallica, Christina Perri, Kelly Clarkson, Led Zeppelin, Whitney Houston, AC/DC, The Cure, Nickelback, The All-American Rejects, One Direction, Jason Mraz, Ru Paul, Madonna, Adele, Kenny Chesney, Avicii, Queen, Lady Gaga, Five For Fighting, Jennifer Lopez, Nine Inch Nails, Guns N'Roses, Alabama, Rihanna, Daf Punk, Rita Ora, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert, Kings and Queens, U2, Queen, Abba, Bonnie Tyler, Michael Buble, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Buddy Holly, The Beatles, Kylie Minogue, Muse, Duran Duran, Journey, John Michael Montgomery, Miles Davis, Black Sabbath, The Grateful Dead, The Doors, The Eagles, Luke Bryan, BB King, Charlie Park, Fleetwood Mac, Usher, Bruce Springsteen, Patti Smith, New Edition, Snow Patrol, Nanci Griffith, Tracy Chapman, Sting, Michael Jackson, Jon Bon Jovi, Joe Hill, Andy Grammar, Hozier, Doug Locke, Macklemore, Rolling Stones, Echosmith, Leonard Cohen, A Great Big World, Lil Wayne, Christina Aguilara, Ella Frank, Steppenwolf, Jason Derulo, Brooke Blaine, Charlie Puth, Pink, Linkin Park, Dan Fogelberg, Eli Lieb,
    Richard Marx, Chris Young, Green Day, Buddy Holly, Meghan Trainor, Roxette, Daryl Hall & John Oates, Sam Cooke, Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs, Pharrell Williams, Rachel Platten, Ellie Goulding, Josh Groban, Justin Timberlake, Life House, James Bay, James Lambert, Colbie Caillat,
    4 Non Blondes, Sam Smith, Katy Perry, Plain White T's, Uncle Kracker, Philip Phillips, Lukas Graham, Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, Dion, James Taylor, Diana Ross, Andra Day, Bare Naked Ladies, VAn Halen, Lady Antebellum, Van Morrison, Jason Aldean, Ani DiFranco, Nathan Styles, Cyndi Lauper, Shirley Bassey, John Fogerty, Rascal Flatts, Los Lobos, David Bowie, George Michael, Don Williams, Adam Lambert, Glen Campbell, and too many more to list.

    I have Sirius in my car and love it! Every song for every mood plus an introduction to new artists!
    dfair1951@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always entertaining to dance to the pop of the eighties, but I can never resist to pick myself off the ground and have fun at the YMCA with the Village People!
    Congrats on this so long expected release, I can't wait to dive into Seb & Hudson's book. :D

    foebz (AT) hotmail (DOT) com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Right now, it's the Lemon Twigs' "Queen of My School"...

    Trix, vitajex(at)Aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm pretty easy when it comes to music, I can listen to new songs or the old ones. At the moment, I'm going through my favorite songs from Imagine Dragons.
    serena91291@gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete