Thursday, April 27, 2017

Book Brief: Royal Guardian (Rise of the Symbionts #1) by Jo Tannah

RoyalGuardian510w-500x750Title ~ Royal Guardian (Rise of the Symbionts #1)

Author ~ Jo Tannah

Publisher ~ eXtasy Books

Published ~ 31st March 2017

Genre ~ M/M Romance, Science Fiction

Rating

1c_thumb21c_thumb31c_thumb41c_thumb51c_thumb6

goodreads-add-to_thumb

Synopsis

Kallen has been away for two years to further his education. En route to his home planet, Oryon, his starship is attacked by unknown brigands. All fear the death of the heir to the kingdom, as well as those of his accompanying loyal guardians.
With Bobik’s assistance, Lando Garr is the one man who can find and rescue Kallen. Not because he’s bound by duty as a Royal Guardian, but because the prince’s symbiont responds to no other but him. Both will stop at nothing to find Kallen. Losing him would mean Bobik’s death and Lando’s heartache.

 

Freya’s Book Brief

This isn’t the first time I’ve read this story. I read it when under a different publisher. Then I believe I shouted – ‘I WANT A BOBIK’ and that still holds. Then I gave it 4 stars, but with the change in editors and what I believe are some additions to the story, it now easily rates 5 stars.

For this foray into an alternate universe, Lando is a Royal Guard of the highest order. Kallen is the King’s Son, a powerful technomage and a man Lando has guarded since childhood. Kallen was a sickly child but all that changed when introduced to Bobik – sqweee – an awesome part of the story.

As Kallen grows, so does the affection between him and Lando, and with Bobik’s approval. Palace politics strike and there is dissension in the kingdom. Kallen goes to study on Vespa, and upon his return, he is kidnapped. All that sounds short and clipped, but I don’t want to give too much away while highlighting the basics.

Royal Guardian was a delight to read. It focusses on the positive and heart-warming while having that element of danger in the background. Kallen and Lando are adorable, and Bobik is a star. This novella is fast paced and flows well. If anyone is unsure whether they want to buy a sci-fi, this one is worth chancing. It’s length makes it a short read, but a superb window into a new world.

I was chuffed to see that there will be a follow-up story and can’t wait to read more from this universe. Eeeexxxccellent.

Purchase Links

 eXtasy BOOKS | AMAZON GLOBAL LINK

two-line-dotted-grunge_thumb[6]_thumb[1]

Meet Jo Tannah

I am a wife, mother and blogger by day, a writer by night. It can be  difficult to say the least but it is a challenge that keeps me on my toes.

I grew up listening to folk tales my father and nannies told either to entertain us children or to send home a message. These narratives I kept with me and finally I wrote them down in a journal way back when I kept one. Going through junk led to a long forgotten box and in it was the journal. Reading over the stories of romance, science fiction and horror I had taken time to put to paper, brought to light that these were tales I never met in my readings.

The tales I write are fictional but all of them are based on what I grew up with and still dream about. That they have an M/M twist is simply for my pleasure. And I hope, yours as well.

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | WEBSITE | GOODREADS

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Thank you so much for this review :D you just made my day <3 <3

    ReplyDelete