Thursday, March 16, 2017

Blog Tour: Sophie (Survivor Stories #5) JP Barnaby with Guest Post.

sophie

We are always thrilled when JP Barnaby pops in for a visit. Today she’s here to celebrate the release of Sophie, the fifth book in her Survivors Stories series. 

valentinovo-divider-gray_thumb2

My Garden

by JP Barnaby

Depression steals a lot of your time. The lethargy, the self-doubt, and the constant fog of melancholy take away your desire to do things you enjoy. Last year, my doctor put me on the right combination of medications, and I finally got out from under those dark clouds. I saw the sun for the first time in ages, and I resolved to stay in its warm light.

Once I had that time, that desire back—I learned a lot of things about myself. First, I’m a pretty good cook. Of course, feeding Paul helps with that desire to be the best cook I can—but also, I genuinely enjoy it. I like the process and the precision. I like the results and the positive reinforcement.

When I started cooking, I started the easy way. I used canned everything, dried herbs, and processed staples (like instant mashed potatoes and Rice-A-Roni). Now that I’ve expanded my comfort zone in the kitchen, I’m branching out more and one of those branches is my own little garden.

My mom will grow herbs in her garden window from time to time, so I’ve seen it growing up – but I didn’t know anything about planting an urban garden. So, I spent a lot of time researching urban gardens, consulting frost dates, germination periods, and starting seedlings. I also happen to have a friend who is a hobby gardener – well, maybe it’s more than a hobby when you have your own tractor. He has been invaluable in answering my questions.

I started them out (at John’s suggestion) in Dixie cups with seeds and soil pods that I’d gotten from SeedsNow.com (a wonderful company with excellent customer service). I started with 25 little cups, but of course, no one has a 100% success rate. I now have 18 strong and healthy plants including cilantro, lemon grass, oregano, garlic, rosemary, thyme, basil, poblano peppers, and tomatoes—most of them with two cups that made it. They’re growing out of their little cups now, after the move (in just two days!) I’ll pick up the pots and soil needed to transplant them.

2.1_Seeds from SeedsNow 2.2_Everything is planted and labeled 2.3_One week in - we have plants 2.4_Two weeks in - they are starting to grow 2.5_One month - almost time to transplant

We have a plan for them with shelving on our south-facing patio in the new apartment. I can’t wait to see what it looks like in a month!

valentinovo-divider-gray_thumb2

Sophie

(Survivor Stories #5) 

JP Barnaby

sophie

Publisher ~ Dreamspinner Press

Published ~ 15th March 2017

Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance

Rating

1c_thumb21c_thumb31c_thumb41c_thumb51ca_thumb2

goodreads-add-to_thumb

Synopsis

A Survivor Story

It’s amazing how a single word from a tiny girl can change your life.

Spencer Thomas’s world turns upside down when his beloved Nell dies and leaves custody of her three-year-old daughter to him. Her “Spenna” comes when Sophie needs him most, but his boyfriend, Aaron, can’t be a parent. He just can’t. Neither of them expected a baby to fall into the lives they’d finally just settled.

When Nell’s ex comes to claim Sophie, Aaron needs to make a decision: man up or walk away as Spencer faces the fight of his life.

::: JANE’S REVIEW :::

Purchase Links

DreamspinnerPress

AMAZON GLOBAL LINK

valentinovo-divider-gray_thumb2

Connect with JP Barnaby

clip_image002JP Barnaby, an award-winning gay romance novelist, is the author of over two dozen books, including Aaron and the Little Boy Lost Series. She recently moved from Chicago to Atlanta to appease her Camaro who didn’t like the blustery winters. JP specializes in recovery romance, but slips in a few erotic or comedic stories to spice things up. When she's not hanging out with hot guys in leather, she binge watches superheroes and crime dramas on Netflix. A physics geek, she likes the science side of Sci-Fi, and wants to grow up to be Reed Richards.

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | WEBSITE | GOODREADS

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

valentinovo-divider-gray_thumb2

Sophie Promo Banner

Tour Schedule

3-15 - The Novel Approach
3-16 - Sinfully Sexy
3-17 - Joyfully Jay
3-18 - Bayou Book Junkie
3-20 - Love Bytes

clip_image002[4]

No comments:

Post a Comment