Monday, February 20, 2017

Release Day Review: Imago (Imago #1) by N.R. Walker

imagoTitle ~ Imago

Author ~ N.R. Walker

Published ~ 19th February 2017

Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance

Rating

1c_thumb21c_thumb31c_thumb41c_thumb51c_thumb6

goodreads-add-to_thumb

Synopsis

Nerdy, introverted genius lepidopterist, Lawson Gale, is an expert on butterflies. He finds himself in a small town in Tasmania on a quest from an old professor to find an elusive species that may or may not even exist.
Local Parks and Wildlife officer, Jack Brighton, is an ordinary guy who loves his life in the sleepy town of Scottsdale. Along with his Border collie dog, Rosemary, his job, and good friends, he has enough to keep from being lonely.
But then he meets Lawson, and he knows he’s met someone special. There’s more to catching butterflies, Jack realises. Sometimes the most elusive creatures wear bowties, and sometimes they can’t be caught at all.
Lawson soon learns there are butterflies he can’t learn about it in books. They exist only in a touch, in a kiss, in a smile. He just has to let go first, so these butterflies can fly.
Imago is the story of finding love, bowties, and butterflies.

 

Jane’s Review

I’m not sure my review is going to do justice to this book, to say I loved it would be a gross understatement. I fell for its many charms and believe me this book is nothing, if not charming. I was totally captivated and enamoured by it and devoured it all too quickly.

Jack Brighton a regional manager for the Parks and Wildlife Services and a mountain of a man, meets Lawson Gale, a nerdy, bow tie wearing lepidopterist on a flight to Tasmania. Jack is immediately drawn to Lawson and due to a rental car mix up offers Lawson a lift from the airport. From then on, they pretty much end up spending the week together, working and going on dates. Well, when I say going on dates, I mean they have just about the most perfect first date ever. Everything about that first date, from the clothes they’re wearing, to the location, the food and drink they have and the flower on the table had me oohing and aahing over every little bit. You’d have thought I was actually on the date I loved it so much and the dates are a running theme of the book, each a little more perfect than the last.

Lawson is a genius nerd and speaks very directly, if bluntly, seemingly unable to pick up on social cues. He speaks the Queen’s English and is very endearing. He is in Tasmania on a quest to find a certain species of butterfly. I loved the paring of him with the man mountain Jack. Jack is totally loveable and so is his best friend and canine companion Rosemary. Due to the work both men do, they spend a great deal of time together over the week. The relationship between them unfolds before our eyes and it so endearing, the seemingly slow pace that Lawson wants, and is granted by the ever so gentle and thoughtful Jack, is in direct contrast to the fact that it mostly takes place over a very short period of time. Though I felt it was very organic and totally believable by both parties. I fell for them hook, line and sinker, much like how they fell for each other. A perfect compliment.

I learnt a lot about butterflies and other flora and fauna native to Tasmania in this book and when the one bit of drama in this story hits, I was praying it all ended well. The ending of this book couldn’t have been more apt. I thought it was excellent. It also finished at a place that allows us to see more of Jack and Lawson in the sequel that the author is currently penning.

This book is like a butterfly, soft and gentle, quiet and peaceful and breathtakingly beautiful. I don’t think I’ve read a book where I sighed so dreamily over and over, catching my breath and clasping my heart over the utter perfection of it all. I can’t wait for more.

Purchase Links

AMAZON GLOBAL LINK

left&rightaddpicinmiddlebutterflyleft&rightaddpicinmiddle

Meet N.R. Walker

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fall in love. She used to think having people in her head talking to her was weird, until one day she happened across other writers who told her it was normal.

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | FACEBOOK GROUP | TWITTER | GOODREADS 

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment