Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Release Day Book Brief: Broadway Babe by J.C. Long

broadway babeTitle ~ Broadway Babe

Author ~ J.C. Long

Publisher ~ Dreamspinner Press

Published ~ 25th January 2017

Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance

Rating

1c_thumb21c_thumb31c_thumb41c_thumb51c_thumb6

goodreads-add-to_thumb

Synopsis

Tate O’Connor has worked hard to realize his dream of dancing on Broadway, and it’s about to pay off with a premier in his first show. He doesn’t expect the distraction of sharing the stage with his celebrity crush: Broadway superstar Mike Chang. Drama ensues both onstage and off as Tate and Mike work closely and realize there could be something between them. However, there are those who don’t think an up-and-coming dancer is good enough for someone with Mike’s talent and fame, and rumors and misunderstandings might lead to broken hearts if Tate and Mike can’t work through their confusion and insecurity.

 

Freya’s Book Brief

Tate and Mike, a Broadway dancer and Star to lover’s story with a bunch of insecurity thrown in.

Broadway Babe isn’t a long story, but I loved every word of it.

I was unashamedly taken back to the days when I lived for the film and series – Fame. I wanted to don my leg warmers, look at the leotard (and put it away again from embarrassment) then dance around the room before selecting an appropriate musical from my DVD collection, and slipping into Broadway mode.

Okay, fangirl moment over, and back to the story.

Told in the first person from Tate’s POV, I was taken on a journey from auditions to opening night. Through rehearsals, forging friendships, and the ‘he’s out of my league’ moments. The theater bitch makes matters worse, before they ….. You’ll have to read to find out.

While the heat rating isn’t high, the story doesn’t need it. This is one of those tales where less is more. There’s emotional anguish and miscommunication aplenty without throwing in any extras. I loved all the characters, too.

If you are a person who likes musicals, this is a must. If not, and prefer the ‘I love him, but he’s out of my league’ story, this is also a must. Yeah, I think you got the message – I liked this one.

Purchase Links

DreamspinnerPress

AMAZON GLOBAL LINK

musicstaff

Connect with J.C. Long

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | WEBSITE | GOODREADS

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment