Thursday, December 01, 2016

Book Brief: A Very English Christmas (Gay Amish Romance #3.5) by Keira Andrews

Amish-Xmas-temp-book-page

Title: A Very English Christmas

Author: Keira Andrews

Release: 16th November 2016

Genre: M/M (Christmas)

Rating:

grey stargrey stargrey stargrey stargrey star half

Synopsis

A sexy and sweet holiday romance with Isaac and David

Living in the “English” outside world, Isaac and David have left behind the rigid, isolated Amish community where they first discovered their forbidden love. Staying with Isaac's older brother in San Francisco, they yearn for a home—and bed—of their very own.

As they experience Santa Claus and the bright lights and merry carols of modern Christmas for the first time, can they make their secret holiday wishes come true?

Book 3.5 in the Gay Amish Romance Series from Keira Andrews. 10,000 words.

Transparent_Christmas_Pine_Cones_PNG_Clipart

Mark’s Review

YEAH! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I spotted this little jewel in among the 99c / 99p deals. My eyes were out like organ stops and of course I had to get, I have never one-clicked so fast in my life. Why all the excitement? Well, just when I thought that the journey had ended for two of my ALL TIME favourite characters we get thrown a surprise little titbit from Keira and my heart leapt with joy. This series is one of those that literally reduced me to tears, from sadness to angst, to joy! The feels I get with David and Isaac are off the scale.

Anyway, this is a seriously short read with just 55 pages but Keira manages to pack so much Christmas cheer and emotion into a few pages it’s wonderful. Isaac and David are gearing up to celebrate their first Christmas with all the trimmings English style. Also Anna has now run off with her brother David and is discovering everything for the first time.

That’s what I love about these characters, yes they are mature and intelligent adults, but as they are still experiencing everything for the first time in the modern world then there is also that truly endearing childlike wonderment and naivety that just makes my heart burst. I laughed out loud when Anna got David and Isaac to sit on Santa’s knee at the local shopping mall. I so had the visuals going on in my head on that one. But as I said, adults but experiencing everything like kids. LOVED IT!

We get all the magic of Christmas packed into a few pages and if this doesn’t leave you full of Christmas joy than nothing will. I could feel the love between Isaac and David just radiating off the pages and when they start to get it on, PHEW! However, it wouldn’t be Christmas without presents and when Isaac surprises David with his present I almost teared up again. BEST. PRESENT. EVER.  And oh it was so sweet. If you want to know what the Christmas present is then you’ll have to read the book.

You’re probably wondering why 4.5 stars and not 5. Well, maybe I’m a little greedy but I wanted more and felt as lovely as this story is I just needed that little more depth of emotion that I get when reading a full length story. So as an appetiser for book four then it’s about as good as you can get.This book is not a standalone in my opinion, to get the most from it you really have to know David’s and Isaac’s story to date. And talking about their story, when I got to the end Keira announces that David’s and Isaac’s journey will continue with a fourth book in 2017. Yes, for me – BEST. PRESENT. EVER. Can’t wait!

 Transparent_Christmas_Pine_Cones_PNG_Clipart

Series Reading Order and Purchase Links

81lSJ4OSe3L[3]

Title: A Forbidden Rumspringa (#1)

Author: Keira Andrews

Publisher: KA Books

Release: 3rd September 2104

Genre: M/M (contemporary)

Rating: 5 Stars

 

Synopsis

When two young Amish men find love, will they risk losing everything?

In a world where every detail of life—down to the width of a hat brim—is dictated by God and the all-powerful rules of the community, two men dare to imagine a different way. At 18, Isaac Byler knows little outside the strict Amish settlement of Zebulon, Minnesota, where there is no rumspringa for exploration beyond the boundaries of their insular world. Isaac knows he’ll have to officially join the church and find a wife before too long, but he yearns for something else—something he can’t name.

Dark tragedy has left carpenter David Lantz alone to support his mother and sisters, and he can’t put off joining the church any longer. But when he takes on Isaac as an apprentice, their attraction grows amid the sweat and sawdust. David shares his sinful secrets, and he and Isaac struggle to reconcile their shocking desires with their commitment to faith, family and community.

Now that they’ve found each other, are they willing to lose it all?

Note: Contains explicit sexual situations and graphic language. This is not an inspirational/Christian romance.

::: MARK’S REVIEW :::

> BUY ON AMAZON <

680-a_thumb[5]

81HcQmFZG5L[3]

Title: A Clean Break (#2)

Author: Keira Andrews

Publisher: KA Books

Release: 3rd February 2015

Genre: M/M (contemporary)

Rating: 5 Stars

Synopsis

They've escaped to the outside world--but can they really be free?

David and Isaac have found happiness in each other's arms. In faraway San Francisco, Isaac's brother Aaron helps them explore confusing "English" life and move beyond the looming shadow of their Amish roots. For the first time, David and Isaac can be openly gay, yet they struggle to reconcile their sexuality with their faith. At least they don't have to hide their relationship, which should make everything easier. Right?

But while Isaac thrives at school and makes new friends, David wrestles to come to terms with the reality of the outside world. Haunted by guilt at leaving his mother and sisters behind in Zebulon, he's overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of the city as he works to get his carpentry business off the ground.
While David and Isaac finally sleep side by side each night, fear and insecurity could drive them miles apart.

Note: This is the second chapter in a trilogy of forbidden Amish love. This book features explicit sex and is not an inspirational/Christian novel.

::: MARK’S REVIEW :::

> BUY ON AMAZON <

680-a_thumb[5]

81gzjnSXXuL._SL1500_[3]

Title: A Way Home (#3)

Author: Keira Andrews

Publisher: KA Books

Release: 6th April 2015

Genre: M/M (contemporary)

Rating: 5 Stars

Synopsis

Will returning to their Amish roots renew their faith in each other?

Isaac and David never thought they'd go back to the Amish world. But when Isaac’s younger brother is stricken with cancer, they don’t hesitate to return. Their relationship is on the rocks after insecurity and fear drove a wedge between them in San Francisco, and David is determined to make things right. Yet if they thought navigating “English” life was confusing, being back in Zebulon is even more complicated.

Their families are desperate to bring them back into the fold, and pressure from the community builds. Isaac and David yearn for a future together, but each day it becomes harder to hide the truth about who they really are. They're caught between two worlds, and if they’re not careful it could tear them further apart.

Can Isaac and David make their way back to each other—and find a place to call home?

::: MARK’S REVIEW :::

> BUY ON AMAZON <

680-a_thumb[5]

Amish-Xmas-temp-book-page

Title: A Very English Christmas (#3.5)

Author: Keira Andrews

Release: 16th November 2016

Genre: M/M (Christmas)

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Synopsis

A sexy and sweet holiday romance with Isaac and David

Living in the “English” outside world, Isaac and David have left behind the rigid, isolated Amish community where they first discovered their forbidden love. Staying with Isaac's older brother in San Francisco, they yearn for a home—and bed—of their very own.

As they experience Santa Claus and the bright lights and merry carols of modern Christmas for the first time, can they make their secret holiday wishes come true?

Book 3.5 in the Gay Amish Romance Series from Keira Andrews. 10,000 words.

> BUY ON AMAZON <

 Transparent_Christmas_Pine_Cones_PNG_Clipart

Meet Keira Andrews

1366040After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fiction means.”

WEBSITE | NEWSLETTER | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | GOODREADS

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

 Transparent_Christmas_Pine_Cones_PNG_Clipart

Sinfully Santa is here!

File 15-11-15 13 55 52

Sinfully Santa’s Question: What was for you the BEST. PRESENT. EVER. for Christmas?

Answer Santa’s question by leaving your answer in the comments on the post, enter the draw below to open more chances to win. With a bit of luck you maybe chosen to win any M/M romance Kindle ebook from your wish list!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

29 comments:

  1. My kindle , 3 Christmases ago and it revolutionised my reading. It certainly beat the electric can opener I once got , nearly threw that one through the window :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA - i can definitely imagine the can opener flying through the window. Kindle or can opener? No competition there :-)

      Delete
  2. I read this yesterday Mark and fully agree with your comments!
    Best Christmas present - well, doesn't count as best but one year, back in the early days of cohabiting I asked my now hubby for a slow cooker - and that was all I got - had thought a box of choccies or perfume might have been hidden in it! But over 30 years later it is still the source of amusement for my friend and I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzi :-) Men, eh? Practical as always - lol - but you have to love 'em. I'm sure he got the benefit of what was made in the slow cooker too though. I have one too and love it, so practical if you're going out for the day.

      Delete
  3. My Laptop... This was long time ago, when laptops were still quite expensive and luxurious, and I was a bit fed up with having to go to the public library to work on my college assigments, so it was a great surprise. And so useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! A laptop for Christmas, what a great present! Someone must love you very much :-) I can only imagine how much easier it would have made things for you.

      Delete
  4. A doll that talked, I asked for mrs beasley but I got this doll instead and I named her Ginger. she was loved for years so much that when she gave out I asked for her again years later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jumping in on Mark's thread because you just blew my mind with a blast from the past! I had a Mrs. Beasley doll and kept her forever. I don't care that it's showing my age - she was the best!

      Delete
  5. I'm going way back to the 70's when I was a kid. I got a Barbie Country Camper for Christmas. I loved that thing...played with it all of the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved my Cabbage Patch Kid. I carried it everywhere I went.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, my parents got me a Baby Alive doll when I was like 7 or 8, I had been dying for one since I saw them on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This will be my 53rd Christmas and the BEST ONE EVER was 49 or 50 years ago. Nothing has ever come close to the joy I felt when I got a baby doll when I was 4 or 5. I could be given a million dollars and I wouldn't have the same feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still remember, when I got a Gameboy as a kid. That was super awesome at that time. These days we only exchange smaller gifts. I only get something cool for my sister's kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite gift was one from my childhood. Everyone else seemed to have the toy Fashion Plates (the clothing design toy where you took the plastic plates and ran over them with a special chalk that created outlines and patterns for all sorts of different outfits) but my parents told me they couldn't find one & worried I would get frustrated if I couldn't get it to work as I'm a quadriplegic. I was a bit sad but come Christmas morn, after opening all the other goodies, there it was. I was in design heaven! Plus, I was thrilled to prove my parents wrong by being able to play with it all on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My wedding - which was two days after Christmas. We were both still at university, so got married over our winter break. My parents and grandmother paid for it all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats and nice review. My best Christmas present is one I think I'm getting this year. I stumbled on something, and I think my husband may have ordered me an ereader. I've only recently started reading ebooks, so that would be great.
    Purple Reader - TheWrote [at] aol [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  13. My parents paying for our annual family camping trip & our annual wine festival trip plus they bought my wine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. One Christmas I received one of the first ebook readers made. It was big and fate but I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best Christmas gift ever was one I shared with my sister when we were 5 and 7. Our mom got us a Baby First Step and we were in 7th Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I was 7....I think....I got an apple computer. It was one of the very first apple computers. Had those huge floppy disks....lol. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The best present I ever got was a massage table in my first year of massage school!

    ReplyDelete
  18. One year I think my husband lost his mind and forgot we weren't rich cause he got me a kindle, 2 set of diamond earrings, a coach bag, and a $200 visa gift card and a $20 bath and body works gift card. Totally didn't complain once.
    Samantharozyczko@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The best present I got was the year I started loving soccer. My team had just became champions and I received a jersey with the winning team I the front and the stadium in the back, it was beautiful, I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two come to mind so quick I don't think they can beat each other. One was a scrapbook photo album my sister made of all my pets (past and present). That made me cry. My husband gave me the other a couple years ago--a Pandora bracelet, complete with charms that remind me of places I've lived, pets, favorite colors, and places I want to visit. (Just realized I need a book charm!!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a Muslim so I don't celebrate Christmas. But I imagine if someone giving me Kindle White as Christmas present, it will be on top of my list *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  22. So this dates me a bit, but it would have to be either my stereo with an 8-track player, or my Commodore 64 Computer with a modem that was a cassette player.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I missed the Rafflecopter, but I still like this question so here is my answer ;)
    When I was 5 or 6, I really really wanted the toy of Starlite, the horse of Rainbow Brite (I already had the doll, probably a birthday present) but my parents always told me it wouldn't be possible... And when I opened the boxes at Christmas: here it was, beautiful, perfect! I was so happy Santa Claus heard my wishes!!!
    Until my older brother explained to me how many hours my Mom worked at night to put the toy together by herself with wool and fabric... It was the end of Santa/Christmas magic for me, but Starlite still was my favourite present because it became the sign of my Mom's love.

    ReplyDelete