We are thrilled to welcome Elizabeth Varlet to Sinfully today as she celebrates the release of her new book Dark & Dazzling, the second book in her Sassy Boyz series.
The Five Best Things about Being an M/M Romance Author
1. The fans! Of course. How could it be anything else? You guys are the absolute best. Seriously, romance genre fans in general are amazing but m/m romance readers? They are fantastic.
2. The research. *wink wink* I get to read about (and watch) all kinds of cool things and all of it is great, especially the smexy bits. I have a great excuse to get down and dirty with the research. I have to, it’s my job.
3. The characters. They are deeply flawed but love so much. I find there is so much freedom in pairing two guys together. I can let my inspirations loose.
4. The authors. I adore other m/m romance authors. I love their books. I love their spirit. And I love being a part of such a stellar group.
5. The love. Because there is so much love in the m/m romance genre. It comes in so many different shapes and sizes. As a lover of love, I revel in it.
So that’s my top 5 list. I want to know yours. What are your favorite things about the genre? Why do you chose to read m/m romance? Who is your favorite author?
Let me know in the comments below.
Dark & Dazzling
Published ~ 7th November 2016
Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance
Z doesn't need a hero…
Azariah "Z" Hayes is a diamond. Equal parts strength and sparkle, he's more than capable of standing on his own stilettos. So if waiting tables and stripping at The Vibe are what it takes to keep a roof over his head, well, there are worse ways to earn a living.
Connelly is a white knight with a badge…
For NYPD detective Connelly Reid, to serve and protect is just another day at the office—even if that means protecting himself from his own true desires. He's been curious about Z, his waiter, for months, but it's not until he sees him in his makeup and heels that the curiosity becomes a fierce attraction. Z, despite all his over-the-top dazzle, might just be the man Connelly has been waiting for his entire life.
But when Connelly investigates underground porn and drug activity with ties to The Vibe, one thing becomes very clear—acting on what he knows is going to hurt Z, financially and emotionally. And though Connelly would love nothing more than to fix all of Z's problems, no amount of mind-blowing sex can make Z comfortable becoming dependent on his lover. Yet if there's one thing Connelly knows from his years on the force, it's this: when things go bad, you need a trusted partner to have your back.
Book two of the Sassy Boyz series
Meet Elizabeth Varlet
Elizabeth Varlet is a thirtysomething newly married world-traveler who devours books like they were candy. A nerd at heart, she spends way too many hours binging on episodes of her favorite television shows and dreaming of the day she can adopt a dog—whom she’s already named.
She started writing stories in high school and hasn’t stopped. Now her characters like to get frisky under the covers. Or the stars, or in a car, or up against the wall—they’re not picky.
Elizabeth believes in love of all shapes and sizes and wants nothing more than to share the beauty in the form of stories.
Elizabeth Varlet is gifting to one lucky reader A Sassy Swag Bag, filled with cool Sassy Boyz inspired goodies.
Leave a comment below answering the following questions for your chance to win.
What are your favorite things about the genre?
Why do you chose to read m/m romance?
Who is your favorite author?
*Competition ends Midnight (EST) 12th November. Please leave your email so we are able to contact you.*
::: And the winner is……. ALINE PACK ……. CONGRATULATIONS! :::