Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Charlie Cochet’s Men & Mischief Monthly Author Column… Writing Action and The Soldati Prince

Charlie-M--M_thumb1[2][4]

Hello, all! Thank you so much for joining me for another installment of Men & Mischief! Today is release day for The Soldati Prince, the first book in my new Soldati Hearts series. FF_Divider_Pink

The Soldati Prince is a fantasy shifter novella packed with action, romance, and sexy tiger shifters. One element this story shared with most of my books is action. I love writing action.

I seem to have trouble writing romance that doesn’t somehow involve one of my poor unsuspecting characters running or fighting for their lives. They get chased, shot, blown up, punched, stabbed, tortured, knocked out, along with anything else my evil author brain can come up with. I’m pretty Dex from the THIRDS is has a few choice words for me considering everything I’ve put him through. Interestingly enough, I still think of myself as a romance writer first.

I love a good action movie, and when I write my action scenes, I see them rolling in my head like a movie, which also means playing the appropriate music. I always listen to music when I’m writing, and what I’m listening to has to match the scene. So if I’m writing something emotional, I like listening to romantic songs, ballads or sweeping instrumentals. Action scenes get fast music with a thumping beat. I’ve found Fall Out Boy to be great for writing action scenes. Same with the Kongos, X Ambassadors, The Heavy, and of course some of my favorite classic rock.

The Soldati Prince is no different. Although there’s no one shooting at poor Riley, being chased by demons out to harvest his soul and destroy the Soldati is still pretty intense for our barista-supposed-prince. We’ve also got a fight sequence near the end with Riley and our tiger shifter heroes.

Are you a music fan? What do you like listening to? Do you listen to music when you go out for a walk, clean the house, write, shake your booty?

Charmed Divider

The Soldati Prince (Soldati Hearts #1)

by Charlie Cochet

o-the-soldati-prince

Title: The Soldati Prince

Author: Charlie Cochet

Publisher: Dreamspinner Press

Release: 23rd November 2016

Genre: Paranormal Gay Romance, Fantasy, Shifters, Demons

Cover Artist: L.C. Chase

Length: Novella, 97 pages

goodreads add to

Synopsis

One moment, Riley Murrough is living a normal life working in a coffee shop, and the next, he’s running for his life from demons, learns he bears the mark of a shape-shifter king from a magical realm, and—worst of all—he’s destined to become the mated prince to the arrogant tiger-shifter he would rather strangle.

Khalon, the shifter king, is equally distraught at the idea of being bound to a human prince, and along with his Soldati warriors, he sets out to return Riley to his own world, where he belongs. On their journey, they might discover why the goddess brought them together—if they can escape the demons and make it to her alive. 

First Edition short story published as The Soldati Prince in Charmed & Dangerous by JCP Books LLC, 2015. Second Edition has been re-edited and extended to novella length with new content.

Purchase Links

DreamspinnerPress

AMAZON :: ARe :: BARNES & NOBLE

READ CHAPTER ONE HERE

Charmed Divider

About the Author

Charlie_Cochet_by_madison_parker150Charlie Cochet is an author by day and artist by night. Always quick to succumb to the whispers of her wayward muse, no star is out of reach when following her passion. From adventurous agents and sexy shifters, to society gentlemen and hardboiled detectives, there’s bound to be plenty of mischief for her heroes to find themselves in, and plenty of romance, too!

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found reading, drawing, or watching movies. She runs on coffee, thrives on music, and loves to hear from readers.

Website | THIRDS HQ | Facebook | Facebook Author Page | Twitter | Pinterest | Tumblr | Instagram | Newsletter | DSP |Amazon |Goodreads  

Charmed Divider

Check out the Soldati Hearts inspiration board on Pinterest.

soldatiprincethe_headerbanner

FF_Divider_Pink

Giveaway

Each week, on our Author Column posts we will gift to one lucky commenter, a Kindle eBook from your TBR list.

Please leave your email address with your comment so we can contact you.

Good Luck!

15 comments:

  1. I'm a music fan as well. I do listen to different things while doing differetn tasks. At home, I listen to pop ballads or classic rock when I'm with my home chores. When I go for a jog or a trek, I change to hard rock (like AC/DC, Metallica...). When meditating or reading, I resort to classical music like Chopin's Nocturnes... So, you see, many different favourites here.
    Congratulations on the new release, Charlie. I've been waiting for this since I read the short at Charmed and Dangerous
    susanaperez7140(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love music and like to have some playing no matter what I'm doing. I usually stick to rock in some form or another - mostly classic rock and alternative. Thanks for the giveaway.
    tkronenw1@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Boyce Avenue & Leroy Sanchez cover songs fan here. They are like... WOAH! I wish I had your voice, man! lol So, yeah. I'm pretty into acoustics, sad songs like Adele's, slow rock & the like. Well, I'm not into listening to music when I'm outside because I can't focus on the tasks that I should be doing if my earphones are on. But sometimes, I do keep my earphones on when I wash the dishes (Is that odd? Yeah, I'm the oddball. Kidding. lmao). And when I'm feeling down, MUSIC is my ANCHOR. <3

    Now, I can finally continue my reading of the short novel of this first installment that I've read on Charming and Dangerous anthology. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to put my e-mail. :D

      mushyvince(at)gmail(dot)com

      Delete
  4. I used to listen to music when cleaning and in the car, but I've switched to ebooks to increase the number of books I "read" weekly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. acm05atjuno.com...why do I always remember a split second after hitting send?!?

      Delete
  5. I tend to go for loud guitars with big harmonies: Sloan, Redd Kross, early-to-mid-period Posies, Teenage Fanclub...

    Trix, vitajex(at)Aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I listen to music when doing a lot of things too. As of late I've been listening to more Alternative R&B, Contemporary R&B, electronica and alternative indie.

    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pretty much only listen to music in the car

    leetee2007(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the first version of The Soldati Prince when I read it in the anthology.

    I do like music - progressive rock. But, if I am concentrating on something, I tend to block everything else out. So, I don't actively hear the music, but I know I do hear it subconsciously because I will end put with it playing in my head later.

    jen(dot)f(at)mac(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a fav band or anything, I like to listen to different types. So most of the time, I listen to the radio, especially when I clean. And I like classical music when I'm studying.
    Congrats on the new release! Great book, looking forward to book 2.
    serena91291@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I MUST have music while I'm cooking (usually 80s-00s dance stuff,and I flip through radio stations via a remote controller to skip commercials or songs I don't like). When I'm cleaning it's a playlist of heavier music with lots of bass to help me scrub to the beat. While driving I favor CDs if nothing good is on the radio (9 times out of 20 these days) and Linkin Park's older stuff is my go-to most often. However, when I'm reading or writing I can't have music on, because I actually listen to it, lol. So I use the TV, on lowered volume, as "white noise". Every song is a potential story for me, so I can't listen to music as I read or write a different story.

    Congrats on the redo of Soldati Prince and good luck with the new series. (I see alot of Dex in Riley from what I've read so far, especially his dependence on coffee, a dependence that I share.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget to add my email address:
      nick442.nrs@gmail.com

      Delete
  11. I loved the first version of The Soldati Prince in the Charmed & Dangerous anthology. I can't wait for the chance to read to changes you brought to it.

    There's almost always music in my place, or even at work when I can isolate myself, because it helps me focus on the task at hand :)
    Usually pop music or soft rock, sometimes jazz or blues...

    foebz (AT) hotmail (DOT) com

    ReplyDelete