Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Release Day Exclusive Excerpt: Weight of the World by Riley Hart & Devon McCormack


Happy Release Day to Riley Hart & Devon McCormack!

We are so happy to be able to bring you an exclusive excerpt from Weight of the World, a new release from the collaboration of two of our favourite authors Riley Hart and Devon McCormack!


Weight of the World

Riley Hart & Devon McCormack

weight-of-the-world-customdesign-JayAheer2016-finalimageTitle ~ Weight of the World

Authors ~ Riley Hart & Devon McCormack

Published ~ 30th August 2016

Genre ~ Contemporary Gay Romance



Zack lost his job, his apartment, and his hope, which is why he ends up on the roof of a high rise, certain that one final step will solve his problems. But a mysterious stranger named Rob happens to be on the roof that night too. He talks Zack down, convincing him there's still hope left in the world. Zack thinks maybe he's right, which is why he's shocked when he turns on the news the next morning to find out Rob jumped himself. Disturbed and confused, he searches for answers, starting with Rob’s brother Tommy Rayburn.

It’s been Tommy’s job to take care of his brother since they were kids, taking the blows from their father so Rob wouldn’t have to. Tommy thought he could protect him, even if it meant carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Considering Rob threw himself off a building, he obviously couldn't.

Then he meets Zack, a friend of Rob’s who’s suspiciously evasive about how they knew each other. But they’re both grieving and determined to find out why Rob jumped. Answers don’t come easily and soon, they’re soothing each other with sweat-slicked, passionate encounters. Hot as things get in the bedroom, it doesn’t take them long to realize there’s more between them than mind-blowing sex and their pain. But the heaviness is still there, threatening to pull them under, and if they can’t open up with each other to lighten the load, the weight just might be enough to crush them both.

Purchase Link


Available on Kindle Unlimited 



Exclusive Excerpt

Tommy’s interrogation itches at my conscience. Of course he deserves to know what happened that night. But especially now that I know him, what a good guy he is and what a good guy his brother was, I don’t want to be that bastard that stood by and let his brother do that…and just as bad, I don’t want Tommy to know what I was thinking about doing.

As I head back into the spare room, I go to the nightstand beside the bed. I empty my pockets, tossing my car keys, wallet, and the eviction notice onto it.

I notice one of the sketches of Rob is on the back of the notice.

I wonder if Tommy saw it. Surely if he had, he would have asked me about it.

But maybe it’s one of the reasons he’s so suspicious of how I knew Rob.

As I gaze into Rob’s eyes, I know what the right thing to do is.

Tell him. Even if he hates me. Even if he kicks me out of his house and throws me back onto the streets.

I can’t keep this to myself any longer.

I dash out of the bedroom, to Tommy’s.

I hear the shower going. He must’ve stepped back in for a bit.

I know I shouldn’t intrude, but considering what I need to tell him, I doubt Tommy will care once he knows the truth.

I pull the curtain open forcefully, and Tommy turns to me quickly, his eyes wide with surprise.

Just say it.

The way the water runs down his face makes Tommy appear as if he’s crying. Like a stream of tears are falling down his face, crashing against the bottom of the tub.

I was brave up to this moment. I could tell him until my fear of him despising me returned. My fear of him blaming me for what I already blame myself for.

“What’s wrong?” he asks, surely seeing the concern in my eyes as I battle with what I should do versus what I want to do.

I can’t. Not now. So I do the only thing that makes sense to me in the moment. I lean forward and kiss him.

He starts to pull away, so I step in the tub with him, the water running across my clothes as I shove him back against the wall.

I run my hands up and down his body, his flesh slick with water and soap.

My dick stiffens as the explosion of our chemistry shatters my fear and guilt. Sets me free.

He places one hand on my cheek and wraps his free arm around me, pulling me close to him.

I throw my cap off as he pulls at the hem of my shirt.

He needs this just as much as I do.

“I’m so hot for you right now,” I say between kisses as he pulls my shirt off and throws it into the bathroom behind me.

I kick off my damp sneakers while stroking his cock, which is now thick in my grasp.

The warm water from the showerhead slides between our faces as we kiss. I feel his warm breath rush through his nostrils across my face. How can something so simple turn me on so much?

As I hurriedly unfasten my jeans, Tommy kisses down my body.

He helps my pants down to my ankles. I step out of them as he presses his face up against my boxer-briefs once again, his nose trailing along the edge of my cock.

I’m so hard it hurts. Not just like we didn’t get off earlier together, but like I haven’t gotten off in months.

He grips onto either side of my briefs and pulls them down, helping me out of them.

I gaze down at him. He looks up at me, water webbing across his face, like that stream of tears I imagined they were when I first opened the curtain.

“Your body drives me fucking crazy,” he says, sliding his hands up and down my legs.

He shoves my dick into his mouth and works the same magic he did earlier.

I move my hips with his rhythm, enjoying how far he can deep throat it. He pulls back and massages the head of my cock with his tongue.

As he pulls away, a drop of my pre-come falls into the tub.

He rises to his feet, jerking me off, his grip firm.

“I want to fuck you so bad right now,” he says.

“I don’t see why you’re wasting your fucking time, then.”

His eyes widen with enthusiasm.

Seems like he enjoys my challenge.

He releases my dick and leans out of the tub, opening a cabinet beneath the sink and fishing into a box of condoms.

He retrieves one and rises to his feet. He bites the end, tears through the wrapper, pulls the condom out, and rolls it onto his stiff cock.

I turn around and shift my hips behind me.

“You sure are an inviting bottom,” he says.

“And you’re a slow top. Now get in here and fuck me.”

I hear him grunt, and then he moves forward quickly.

Once again, he uses his spit to lubricate the condom some more.

I feel the pressure as he makes his way into my hole.

It builds and builds, and I’m just relieved I’m a little looser because of our fucking from earlier.

As he gets in good, he grips onto my hips and makes swift, sharp movements that have me shouting out my appreciation.

He’s so fucking big, and I feel the tip of his cock hitting my prostate, making even more pre-come spill from my dick.

He slides one hand around me, feeling his fingers across my abs. He forces me to shift my position so I face the showerhead, the water spilling down my back as he continues his work. Doing a damn good job filling me.

With the hand on my abs, he pulls me back, farther and farther until I’m upright, my back against his chest, the water spraying across my chest.

He wraps his free arm around my throat and pulls tight, not restricting air. Just letting me know he’s in complete control of this moment.

His hot breath slams against my ear, tingling, arousing me further.

I grip onto my dick and jerk it to relieve the mounting pressure.

He squats slightly and rocks his hips back and forth, stabbing within me.

“You like how that feels?” he asks.

“Oh, yes,” I admit.

It feels so good it hurts.

He continues pleasuring himself inside me as I feel myself getting closer and closer to coming. Just as I think I’m about to come, he pulls out.

“What the fuck?” I ask as he spins me around to him.

He squats, wrapping his arms around my thighs.

“Just be a good boy and put your arms around me,” he says.

I obey, and he hoists me into the air, pushing me back against the wall beneath the showerhead.

He skillfully maneuvers himself back inside me.

I raise my hands over my head, clinging onto the showerhead as he fills me, picking back up where he left off.

The showerhead sprays across his chest, the water running rapidly down his body as he forces into me, slamming against my prostate.

It feels so much better from this position.

Each time he hits my prostate, my cock grows harder and the swimming pressure within me climbs until it feels like my cock is about to explode.

I keep my hands on the showerhead, though, because I don’t want to come yet. Not until he does.

His face cringes. Soon he’s crying out a guttural cry as he forces in more powerfully than ever.

The pressure against my prostate is too much for me. I feel my climax overpowering every muscle in my body, and without even touching myself, my come is like a geyser, flying across my torso, dripping into the dips between my muscles.

I must have lost the ability to gauge my strength because the showerhead comes loose as I yank it down, a thick stream of water shooting at Tommy, pouring down him like a waterfall.

He’s still jerking about, enjoying his own orgasm. Grunting. Thrusting his hips forward. Jamming into my ever-sensitive prostate still.

He doesn’t even notice how I just destroyed his shower.


Fitness model



Connect with the Authors

Riley Hart


Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She’s a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she’s not writing, you’ll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for every day.




Devon McCormack


A good ole Southern boy, Devon McCormack grew up in the Georgia suburbs with his two younger brothers and an older sister. At a very young age, he spun tales the old fashioned way, lying to anyone and everyone he encountered. He claimed he was an orphan. He claimed to be a king from another planet. He claimed to have supernatural powers. He has since harnessed this penchant for tall tales by crafting worlds and characters that allow him to live out whatever fantasy he chooses. Devon is an out and proud gay man living with his partner in Atlanta, Georgia.



  1. Thank you guys for participating in promoting the new book. You guys are stellar. I know it was short notice because we were trying to be really quiet with our secret release, but you came through in spades. Thank you, thank you, thank you! And a few more thank yous for good measure. ;)

  2. This looks really great! I can't wait to be able to read it. The blurb appealed to me right away and the excerpt, well... I need to go in an air conditioned room :)