Friday, April 15, 2016

Cover Reveal & Exclusive Excerpt: A Mended Man (The Men of Halfway House #4) by Jaime Reese


We are so excited to reveal the much anticipated cover of A Mended Man, book #4 in The Men of Halfway House Series by Jaime Reese. Due for release 28th April… we can’t wait! Go check it out…


A Mended Man

Jaime Reese

A story of healing, confronting demons, and how two men fight like hell to finally get their happily ever after.

A Mended Man-500

Release Date: April 28, 2016

Title: A Mended Man

Series: The Men of Halfway House #4

Author: Jaime Reese

Genre: M/M Contemporary Romance

Photographer: wagnerLA Photography

Cover Artist: Reese Dante



Detective Aidan Calloway is rock-solid strong. He's a man of justice—loyal to his friends, family, and job—even if it requires bending a law…or two. He shields himself behind an abrasive, fearless facade, until a phone call one night chips his armor and throws his perfectly planned, hollow life into a tailspin.

Jessie Vega is the epitome of optimism. His carefully crafted attitude of hope and positivity protects him from a past filled with too much pain. When a ghost from a dark time resurfaces and nearly breaks him, he must tap into his inner strength or risk losing everything he's worked so hard to build.

But Jessie can't do it alone. He must fight to break through Aidan's ironclad defenses to reveal the heart of the man hiding beneath the tough surface and mend his damaged spirit. Only then can they truly heal and become strong enough to battle the demons that haunt them and threaten their chance to finally be together.


***This book contains scenes and subject matter some readers may find distressing.***


Although part of a series, this book can be read as a stand-alone.


Exclusive Excerpt

"Tell me something about yourself."

Aidan leaned back against the opposite side, resting his elbow on the back of the couch with his head in his hand. "I have hazel eyes."

Jessie didn't miss the slight quirk of Aidan's lips as he spoke. "Tell me something most people don't know."

Aidan looked upward as if trying to pluck a random fact. "I'm a polyglot. I can understand a dozen languages and I'm fluent in seven of them."

Jessie pursed his lips and cocked his head. "Interesting. Does that include sarcasm?"

"No. Make that eight." A playfulness passed over Aidan's features as he spoke.

"Smartass. I meant something personal," Jessie said, reaching for Aidan's hand. "I'm being serious."

"I thought it was one detail a week?"

Loopholes. Always looking for a damn loophole. He squeezed their clasped hands. "Aidan?"

Aidan quieted.

"You know I don't like to push," Jessie said, rubbing his thumb along Aidan's hand.

"You actually don't seem to have a problem being Mr. Bossy or taking the lead."

Jessie bit his lip. And you don't seem to mind. "I'll tease you, but I won't ever push you about the really personal stuff."

Aidan looked away then down at their joined hands, turning his body on the couch to face Jessie. "So, what do you want to know?"

"Anything you want to tell me."

"That doesn't help." Aidan chewed his lip then looked up. "Give me a starting point I can work with."

"Okay." Jessie scooted over on the couch, inching a little closer to Aidan, stopping when their knees bumped together. "Tell me about your tattoo. When did you get it?"

"After my last mission."

Jessie nodded. Give or take six years ago from what he knew. "Tell me why you got an angel. Considering you gave me the glass figurine, I know angels are important to you."

"My mom believed in angels. She believed people who died young had a special role as angels. More powerful in that life and in that role than this world could offer." Aidan quieted, as if his mind had wandered to some distant thought. "She believed they were guardians who protected and watched over us, to keep us safe and give us strength. I think that was her way of rationalizing why young people died."

Jessie touched Aidan's arm, hoping to transport him back to the here and now, not really sure if Aidan's mind had wandered to a dark place.

"Sorry. I zoned out."

"Don't apologize. Is the angel supposed to be your mom?"

Aidan shook his head. "I…had this done before my parents died. This is my guardian angel. I imagine she's tough, snarky, and wouldn't put up with any of my shit."

"So she's a female version of you."

"I hope I'm a fraction of what she is in my mind."




Men of Halfway House Series

2016-Series-Banner (1)

Book #1: A Better Man

Book #2: A Hunted Man

Book #3: A Restored Man



Meet Jaime Reese

Jaime Reese is the alter ego of an artist who loves the creative process of writing, just not about herself. Fiction is far more interesting. She has a weakness for broken, misunderstood heroes and feels everyone deserves a chance at love and life. An avid fan of a happy ending, she believes those endings acquired with a little difficulty are more cherished.






  1. Angela:
    Great cover, i love this serie and i can't wait for the release of A Mended man.

  2. Beautiful. Can't wait to read their story.

  3. Woop woop roll on the 28th cant fcuking wait

  4. Been waiting for Aidan's story! So yay!

    1. Seems like forever, doesn't it? :) Aidan is very...difficult. But I'm sure you probably already expected that. LOL I call him my beautiful disaster. I hope you enjoy the story!

  5. Beautiful cover!! And the excerpt is amazing!! Can't wait for this book!!

    1. Thank you! <3 I hope you enjoy their story!

  6. AHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm so friggin excited for this book!!

  7. Love the cover. I have been waiting for this book for a long time. The 28th Cant get here fast enough. Whoop. Best series ever