Thursday, March 10, 2016

Release Day Book Brief: For Never and Always by Ana J. Phoenix

forneverandalwaysTitle ~ For Never and Always

Author ~ Ana J. Phoenix

Published ~ 10 March 2016

Genre ~ Paranormal M/M Romance

Rating

1c_thumb21c_thumb31c_thumb41c_thumb51c_thumb6

goodreads-add-to_thumb

Synopsis

Seth finds himself alone at an abandoned train station, with no idea what happened, or how he got there. He boards a train, only to discover it’s a special express transporting the recently deceased to their final destination. The conductor tells him he’s having a near-death experience. Seth wonders if it has something to do with his violent boyfriend, but that doesn't matter. All that matters is getting the hell off the train before he actually dies. But when he spots his best friend and secret crush among the traveling dead, the urge to leave fades...

 

Freya’s Book Brief

When Seth boards a train destined for ‘the other side’ he has no idea what kind of journey lies ahead. With an all knowing conductor and, his best friend, Carter - a man he’s been in love with for years - he’s in for one hell of a ride.

When I read the blurb, I thought it summed up everything in a neat package, and I suspected that’s how the story would read. Consequently, I didn’t expect FNAA to be as long, and I suspected parts would be drawn out. That is not what I encountered at all. While making his decision whether to live or die, Carter has to look at his life and see if he is ready to move on – regrets and all. The story isn’t told in a Dickens way (like Scrooge); all Carter needs is on board. He uses his shared cabin, the baggage car, the library, the food car and meetings with a range of people who help him make the hardest decisions of his life or death.

I believe everyone needs a story or two in their library like this. For Never And Always is beautifully written and exquisitely sad, with an edge of hope. It has the profound charm of The Polar Express. Obviously, it’s a different subject matter, but the same emotions ran through me as when I watched the iconic film. I couldn’t help smiling and crying at the same time, over something beautiful that had been lost; in the case of the Polar Express, a childhood innocence that believes in Santa. With FNAA, it was the chance of true love.

FNAA is a thoughtful, thought-provoking story. It’s not a story of high dramatic adventure, it’s a story of reflection, what if’s, I should have’s, of missed opportunities, and of life. I won’t tell you what happens, as that would spoil the literary journey, except to say, that nothing was as expected, and by the end it had me blubbering. It’s an absolute must of a read if you want love stories that give your emotions a good workout.

 

Purchase Links

AGL_thumb1_thumb1

divider-grey[15]

Connect with Ana J. Phoenix

Website_thumb2_thumb1Facebook_thumb2_thumb1Goodreads_thumb2_thumb1

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review, Freya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this earlier and the blurb had me adding it to my wish list - your review just reinforced this for me - sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I just know a book is going to be powerful when I get misty-eyed simply reading the blurb. Looks fantastic and can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete