Monday, March 21, 2016

Featured Guest Author: J.R. Gray on the Upcoming Release Clouded Hell


  We are thrilled to have JR Gray with us today at Sinfully as he celebrates the upcoming release on the 23rd March of his latest novel Clouded Hell.


A Word from J.R. Gray

There are four secondary characters in Clouded Hell who help drive the conflict in the story. There is already plenty of conflict between Remi and Dante, because they both have dominant personalities, even if Remi is a submissive. I think it’s important when writing fiction to have each character have their own goals, conflict, and motivation. By doing so, it gives the work more depth and context as well as providing subplots to enrich the work. When plotting, I like to create mini character arcs for each of the side characters as well as fully developed personalities and back stories. These backstories seldom show up in the work, but they provide a great basis for interactions with main characters.

Liv pushes the plot forward by calling Dante’s on his shit. She is there to listen to him, and doesn’t take any of it. I loved building Liv’s character and her Trans identity, while making it none of the conflict of the book.

Here is one of my favorite interactions between Liv and Dante:

"Am I really so bad?"

"You have your moments."

I shouldn't have asked the question, but I'm a masochist as well as a sadist. "Moments of good or moments of bad?"



She flashed me a grin then returned to her work, biting on her pencil in a sex kitten way I figured had to be a punishment for something I'd done to her, or perhaps the universe was punishing me for a past life. Either way, I was going to sit and endure it.


Clouded Hell

J.R. Gray


Published ~ 21st March 2016

Genre ~ Contemporary BDSM M/M Romance



I survive on avoidance. Physical pain to avoid the mental. Disposable flesh to avoid relationships. Work to avoid attachment. My club became my empire of avoidance. Inside the ring millions are won and lost. The fight is confined to breaths, actions and reactions, fists and pain. Rules don’t exist. Only my opponent exists.

I’d been avoiding my needs for far too long when Remi stumbles into the Inferno and I’m hungry. The promise of a submissive with no attachment is far too tempting. I can’t resist him. He was only supposed to be a distraction, but I know I'll never get over him. There isn't a chance in this clouded hell.



Meet J.R. Gray

IMG_8740 (1)When not staying up all night writing, J.R. Gray can be found at the gym where it's half assumed he is a permanent resident to fulfill his self-inflicted masochism. A dominant and a pilot, Gray finds it hard to be in the passenger seat of any car. He frequently interrupts real life, including normal sleep patterns and conversations, to jot down notes or plot bunnies. Commas are the bane of his existence even though it's been fully acknowledged they are necessary, they continue to baffle and bewilder. If Gray wasn't writing…well, that's not possible. The buildup of untold stories would haunt Gray into an early grave, insanity or both. The idea of haunting has always appealed to him. J.R. Gray is genderqueer and prefers he/him pronouns.



No comments:

Post a Comment