Monday, February 01, 2016

Release Day Review : The Stolen Suitor by Eli Easton

stolen suitor

Title ~ The Stolen Suitor

Author ~ Eli Easton

Publisher ~ Dreamspinner Press

Published ~ 1st February 2016

Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance



goodreads add to


All of Clyde’s Corner, Montana, knows local dandy Chris Ramsey will marry Trix Stubben, young widow and heir to the richest ranch in the area. But one woman isn’t too keen on the idea. Mabe Crassen wants to get her hands on that ranch, so she sets her older son to court Trix, and her younger son, Jeremy, to distract Chris and lure him astray.
Jeremy Crassen thinks his mother’s scheme is crazy. But he wants desperately to go off to college, which Mabe will agree to—if he seduces Chris. How will shy, virginal, secretly gay Jeremy attract Chris, who seems determined to do the right thing and marry Trix? Jeremy can’t compete with a rich female widow. Or can he?

Lisa’s Review

C:\Users\S & L\Desktop\disney\m\The Stolen Suitor\COLLAGE.jpg

The Stolen Suitor be Eli Easton is a quirky contemporary M/M romance. I want to preface this review by indicating that I have loved the books written by this author that I have read in the past. Ms. Easton has a penchant for writing sweet, unique and hilarious books that always leave me happily sighing. While this story is certainly engaging and fun, it did fall a little short for me.

So what is this book about? This story takes place in the small town of Clyde’s Corner, Montana, a place with its share of eccentric inhabitants. Trix Stubben is a young widow who is the heir to the wealthiest ranch in and around Clyde’s Corner. A ranch that some individuals want to get their hands on. Namely, Mabe Crassen is the culprit here. She is determined to see her son, Eric, marry Trix so that she can get her dirty little paws on the successful ranch. There is one problem though. Trix is supposedly dating Chris Ramsey, a young man who she has been friends with for quite some time and whose family owns the main source of groceries in town (Clyde’s Corner Mercantile). Further, it is rumoured that Chris is about ready to pop that magical question that would tie him to Trix indefinitely. Mabe is a stubborn woman though and has come up with a plan. You see, Mabe knows that Chris swings both ways so her plan involves her youngest son, Jeremy Crassen, seducing and then outing Chris while Eric moves in and works his magic with Trix.

So many things can go wrong here, right?

Jeremy hates his mother’s asinine plan but he feels like he has no choice but to give in to her demands. He wants to get out of Clyde’s Corner and seducing Chris is his ticket out of the small town. How will Jeremy accomplish his task when Chris is determined to marry the young widow?

I had a really hard time liking the characters in this novel, and that includes both the main protagonists. Jeremy’s reasons for following along with his mother’s crazy plan were a little selfish in my opinion. It made me dislike him right from the start to be honest. I am unsure if he ever won me over after that. Then there is Chris. He eventually gives into Jeremy’s advances even though he is engaged to a woman. I realize that he was marrying Trix more out of obligation, but that still was not right. I guess where I am going with all this is the fact that I may have been one over a little easier by both protagonists if they were given more time together. With the multiple POVs and the secondary romance between Trix and Eric, I feel like the romance between Jeremy and Chris fell a little short.

All in all, The Stolen Suitor was an enjoyable read despite my issues with it. This is a low-angst, sugary romance where you get handed a nice HEA wrapped up with a pretty bow. Nothing wrong with that! I really love Eli Easton’s writing style and her original humour. I just wish I ended up liking this one more than I did. However, I am certainly looking forward to more by this author.

Purchase Links




Connect with Eli

Website_thumb2_thumb1 Facebook_thumb2_thumb1 Twitter_thumb2_thumb1 Goodreads_thumb2_thumb1

No comments:

Post a Comment