Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Charlie Cochet’s Men & Mischief Monthly Author Column…Charlie has little fun with our resident cheesy doodle nut Dexter J. Daley and his favorite tiger Therian bud Ethan Hobbs

Charlie M & M

Hello all! Thank you so much for joining me today on another Men & Mischief post! Today we’re having a little fun with our resident cheesy doodle nut Dexter J. Daley and his favorite tiger Therian bud Ethan Hobbs.

FF_Divider_Pink

Dex and Ethan’s friendship is unique within the dynamics of the team, and in Ethan’s life in general. Besides Calvin, Dex is the only non-family member Ethan has been able to speak to, and in a relatively short amount of time, which says a good deal about Dex. He’s managed to make Ethan feel safe and comfortable enough for Ethan to speak to.

When the two first met, Ethan was a little wary, then he was just confused. He’d never known anyone like Dex and didn’t quite know what to make of him. The more time he spent with Dex, the more he grew to like and understand Dex. By Catch a Tiger by the Tail, not only are the two friends, but Ethan is the only member of the team that encourages Dex’s brand of crazy. While everyone else is trying to discourage whatever harebrained scheme Dex has gotten into his blond little head, Ethan will be the one giving him a cheeky smile and poking him to do it. They’re like a couple of big kids.

Despite Ethan’s Selective Mutism, he communicates in other ways. He’s very expressive, and depending on who he’s communicating with, he’ll find creative ways to get his point across. With Dex, if they’re at the office, the two will chat via text messages and emails, sending each other silly memes. Ethan loves his memes.

Dex and Ethan are here to have a little fun, communicating as they do at work. Ethan will be answering Dex’s questions via meme. Enjoy!

Dex: Hey, big guy! How are you feeling today?

Ethan:

rainbow unicorn meme

Dex: Aw, you're so pretty. Do I get to be a rainbow unicorn too?

Ethan:

Horse Meme

Dex: Not cool, bro. Is that even a horse? It looks like a camel. Where are its ears? Are you saying I have no ears? That I don't listen? Because I hate to tell you this, my friend, I'm a good listener. I will sit here, and be--Oh my God, did you see that bird that just flew by? It looked like a bat! Are there bats in Manhattan?

Ethan:

squirrel-up-dog-gif

Dex: Yeah, all right. Smart ass. So, you're an explosives expert and Public Safety Bomb Technician. Getting called to disarm an explosive device must be pretty scary shit.

Ethan:

Hobbs Meme

Dex: You're a badass. We get it. I heard you can unclog a kitchen sink with explosives. Is this true? Because, you know, my bathroom sink at home needs clearing out. What do you think? Should I give it a try?

Hobbs Meme Do it

Dex: Ash used his voodoo super-grump powers to beat Sloane at arm wrestling. Do you think he can beat you?

Hobbs on Ash Meme

Dex: That's a no, then. My money's on you. I wouldn't bet against you, like you did Sloane. Dude, you bet against me and my boo twice! What's up with that? Ash to win? Seriously? I thought you were my Brobi Wan Kenobi.

Ethan:

Obi Silent

Dex: Harsh, man. So let's talk about your honey bun. You two have been best friends since you were kids, always watching each other's backs. Cal can get pretty intense when it comes to you. I take it you're the same with him?

Ethan:

Hobbs Meme 1

Dex: In other words anyone looking to mess with Cal is cruisin' for a bruisin'.

Jensen-wink-meme2

Dex: Good to know. I know this is supposed to be a serious interview, but rainbow unicorn made me think about ice cream, and ice cream made me think about Bradley's rainbow-sprinkle covered triple chocolate sundae on a bed of brownies slathered in hot chocolate sauce with whipped cream, cherries, and gummy bears. Mmmm... Okay, I need one. Wanna join me?

Baby-hm-meme

Dex: Yeah, I'm hard to resist.

FF_Divider_Pink

Catch a Tiger by the Tail THIRDS, Book 6

CatchATigerByTheTail300

Calvin Summers and Ethan Hobbs have been best friends since childhood, but somewhere along the line, their friendship evolved into something more. With the Therian Youth Center bombing, Calvin realizes just how short life can be and no longer keeps his feelings for his best friend a secret. Unfortunately, change is difficult for Ethan; most days he does well to deal with his Selective Mutism and Social Anxiety. Calvin’s confession adds a new struggle for Ethan, one he fears might cost him the friendship that’s been his whole world for as long as he can remember.

As partners and Defense Agents at the THIRDS, being on Destructive Delta is tough at the best of times, but between call-outs and life-threatening situations, Calvin and Ethan not only face traversing the challenges of their job, but also working toward a future as more than friends.

Dreamspinner Press eBook | Dreamspinner Press Paperback | All Romance eBooks | Amazon | Barnes & Noble

FF_Divider_Pink

Meet Charlie Cochet

Charlie_Cochet_by_madison_parker150Charlie Cochet is an author by day and artist by night. Always quick to succumb to the whispers of her wayward muse, no star is out of reach when following her passion. From Historical to Fantasy, Contemporary to Science Fiction, there’s bound to be plenty of mischief for her heroes to find themselves in, and plenty of romance, too!

Currently residing in South Florida, Charlie looks forward to migrating to a land where the weather includes seasons other than hot, hotter, and boy, it’s hot! When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found reading, drawing, or watching movies. She runs on coffee, thrives on music, and loves to hear from readers.

WEBSITE | THIRDS HQ | FACEBOOK | FACEBOOK AUTHOR PAGE | TWITTER |PINTEREST |TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | CHARLIE'S NEWSLETTER

CHARLIE’S AMAZON PAGE

FF_Divider_Pink

Giveaway

Each week, on our Author Column posts we will gift to one lucky commenter answering the author question, a Kindle eBook from your TBR list.

Please leave your email address with your comment so we can contact you.

Good Luck!

::: And the winner is……. ELAYNE……. CONGRATULATIONS! :::

29 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post Charlie, I do love these 2 together ! ;-)

    foebz (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I loved the interview. So funny!
    susanaperez7140(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, especially Dex's ADD moment and Hobbs' response. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much��
    kathleenpower@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Ethan's "replies". It was cute and different.

    acm05atjuno.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Great interview. :-D They are so funny!
    jczlapin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to answer all my texts with a meme, it would be so much fun!
    younela48@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elayne, congratulations you are our lucky winner of this month's author column from Charlie. An email is on its way to you :-)

      Delete
  8. Oh this was the best, love these two.

    wlm167@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny! Thanks for sharing, I love these guys!
    serena91291@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was so fun! And the unicorn meme was the best. Thank you!

    jen(dot)f(at)mac(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny!! Love the interview!!
    susy.rivera1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how Dex and Ethan have this whole conversation using memes. Proves you can say anything with the right one :D

    felinewyvern at googlemail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I LOVED this, soo funny! I can TOTALLY see Dex and Ethan talking this way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too hilarious! Love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was great,thanks! Love how silly they are with each other, especially Hobbs.

    reinmacgregor@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome interview! I can see they doing this all day!

    juliesmall2016(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL. Loved it. Thank you for the post =)
    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved the interview. I can't get enough of Dex and the gang!
    tkronenw1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So funny! Bet only texting in memes would make the work day go faster . . .
    legacylandlisa(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job. Sooo funny.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, thank you all so much! Yep, I'm surprised these two get any work done at the office at all. Then again, when Dex is involved... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so entertaining!

    Trix, vitajex(at)aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this. One of my fav parts of the series was when Hobbs talked to Dex for the first time. Was just listening to the audiobook and that scene brought a smile to my face once again. I can totally picture them at work texting back and forth like this.

    ineztey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. that was soooo cool!! lol

    leetee2007(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that Ethan eggs him on, even though we all know Dex needs no encouragement haha!
    genbez1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved this unusual interview. They are awesome together.

    Waxapplelover (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey! I don't know why but I can't see any of the memes. I tried both from my Tab and my Computer. I was wondering if my computer's the problem or the website...

    ReplyDelete