We are thrilled to welcome Susan Mac Nicol to Sinfully today to celebrate the release tomorrow, 28th January of... Flying Solo, the sixth book in her hugely successful Men of London Series.
What I’d do if I won the Lottery
Let’s face it. Everybody dreams about this. They may not admit it but I’m pretty sure you’ve had a thought or two when you’re sitting at your desk putting on that one last bit of data onto a spreadsheet for your unappreciative boss to check and thought’ To hell with this. If I won the Lottery, I’d…’ You look around the office at your colleagues and smirk, thinking, ‘John, there’s no way I’d even buy you a damn drink, because you’re a tosser, Lucy, you may flash your boobs at the office party, but you know what? They’re not that good. I might buy you a new pair. And Dennis, don’t even get me started on your wardrobe. You’re like a walking advertisement for the disenfranchised and you seriously need a haircut. Maybe I’ll stretch to that for you.” Snicker. Eye roll.
Then there’s the other plans. The ‘buying a house in the country or city, buying a new car, going on holiday, perhaps paying off debts. Giving money to those deserving members of your family.’
So what are my dreams should I win a crap load of money? Read on… (please take this all with a pinch of the proverbial salt J)
- I’ve debated paying off debts, or making the bastards wait for it. It’s a fine line but I’m leaning towards the latter.
- My biggest thing is this. I want to buy an island. A warm, tropical one, small but adequate. I want it to have all the utilities I need- electric, gas, running water, anything that makes life comfortable. I’m not one for roughing it, I’m no Bear Grylls. Excellent Wi-Fi is a must, good and steady internet connection a no brainer.
- Once this is up and running, I will establish myself as Queen. Yes, you heard it. Queen Susan. I shall loftily see which members of my family and friends I want to come with me to live there, graciously inform them their presence is requested and make sure they have a lovely place to live. I’ll only invite people I really like though so if I’m pissed off at you, or you’ve upset me, I’ll probably leave you behind. That’s the privilege of being Queen of the Island.
- Then I want to build some beautiful cabins and establish a writer’s retreat. A place where we can go and live in luxury while we write our next book. A place of warmth, light and fun, where play is just as important as the work.
- The island will be festooned with sexy gorgeous blokes for my pleasure, in limited stages of dress (or undress) pandering to my every need (well, most of them. I am married after all). I might be generous enough and let you feast your eyes on them as well.
· Life would be so good….
Sigh. Back to the real world. This is what I’d probably really do-
- Buy a better house with a large library. It has to have a proper library.
- Give up work, become a full time writer. Yes!!
- Give money to kids, family and friends to see them through.
- Pay off my damn debts. It’s the right thing to do I suppose.
- I’ve always wanted to start some sort of halfway house for people who need it- whether it be homeless people, recovering alcoholics because of family history, or kids who need a safe place to stay – THIS would be my most important focus. Using the money in a worthwhile endeavour. Donating to some deserving charities and trying to make a difference.
So what would YOU do if you won the Lottery?
Susan Mac Nicol
Publisher ~ Boroughs Publishing Group
Published ~ 28th January 2016
Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance
Flight attendant Maxwell Lewis has spent years cultivating a bon vivant image only to find he finally wants something more—and that something more includes the never-does-repeats game designer Gibson Henry.
ABOVE AND BEYOND
Maxwell Lewis is proud of the life he’s made. Having turned tragedy into triumph, he’s now a beloved member of a Target Airlines cabin crew with more than his fair share of attention both in the air and on the ground. But lately he’s wanted something more than the occasional hook-up or sometime sex buddy—particularly after meeting game designer and passenger Gibson Henry.
Talented and driven, Gibson has built a company ready to be the next big thing in gaming. Devoted to his work, he takes one time pleasures where he finds them and never does repeats…which is what he tells handsome, sexy Maxwell Lewis after a little mile-high flight attendance. But a chance encounter in a London club is about to change things forever. Two men, one who’s flown solo and another who’s only ever played alone, are about to find that at some point all games come to end, it’s time to bare your heart and try for love.
Meet Susan Mac Nicol
Susan Mac Nicol is a self-confessed bookaholic, an avid watcher of videos of sexy pole dancing men, geek, nerd and in love with her Smartphone. This little treasure is called ‘the boyfriend’ by her long suffering husband, who says if it vibrated, there’d be no need for him. Susan hasn’t had the heart to tell him there’s an app for that…
She is never happier than when sitting in the confines of her living room/study/on a cold station platform scribbling down words and making two men fall in love. She is a romantic at heart and believes that everything happens (for the most part) for a reason. She likes to think of herself as a ‘half full’ kinda gal, although sometimes that philosophy is sorely tested.
In an ideal world, Susan Mac Nicol would be Queen of England and banish all the bad people to the Never Never Lands of Wherever -Who Cares. As that’s never going to happen, she contents herself with writing her HEA stories and pretending, that just for a little while, good things happen to good people.
Sue is a PAN member of Romance Writers of America and is a member of the Romantic Novelists Association in the UK.
Susan Mac Nicol is gifting one lucky reader an e-copy of Saving Alexander, plus e-copies of of the first two books in the Men of London Series; Love You Senseless and Sight and Sinners. For your chance to win, all you need to so is answer the question and enter the Rafflecopter below.
What would YOU do if you won the Lottery?