Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Debra’s 2015 Favorites


As the voting continues in our Sinfully Readers Choice Awards: Round One Nominations. We thought, this week, we would take this opportunity to share with you our favorites for 2015.

Now it’s Debra’s turn to share her 2015 favorites with you, so read on for:

Debra’s Favorites of 2015

2015 was a great reading year for me! Not only did I become a member of a fabulous blog team, but with 232 books read, I had more 4.5 and 5 star reads than the previous two years, with a good number of them from new-to-me authors. While that’s the good news, the bad news is that now I somehow have to choose favorites! It’s hard to choose when there are so many different genres I’ve read, each giving me a different experience and different favorites. I’m sure I’ll be leaving out plenty, but there’s only so much time and so much space. My objective with this list is to spread the love amongst the authors who gave me such reading pleasure in 2015 so here goes!


Book of the Year

Now this is just unfair! My reading covered so many genres, with so many good reads, for so many different reasons. I’ll be mentioning lots of favorites throughout this post and I’m trying not to repeat and to spread the love but I’m sure I will leave something out.  Some of the books that hit all the right notes for me this year include How to Be A Normal Person by T.J. Klune, We Found Love by Kade Boehme and Allison Cassatta, Please Remember Me by Jacob Z. Flores, Sunset Lake by John Inman, Trasmundo: Escape by Varian Krylov and Dom of Ages by K.C. Wells. The book I’m choosing as my Favorite of 2015 is ….



Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt #1) by Heidi Cullinan

This book touched me beyond words. An unconventional love story, with unforgettable characters, I laughed, I cried, I cheered and I fell in love with Emmet and Jeremy.  Heidi Cullinan did a great job of making them real and relatable without romanticizing or trivializing their struggles.  An amazing and beautiful story I’d recommend to everyone.

Heidi Cullinan’s Amazon Page


Author of the Year

Looking back at my highest rated books of the past year there are three authors who consistently gave me 4.5 or 5 star reads while varying the types of stories they were writing.  From sweet first love, to hot and dirty, these authors played with my emotions and did not let me down. This is such a hard choice since these authors all had a great year! I’m giving honorable mention to Keira Andrews for A Clean Break, A Way Home, If Only in My Dreams and Kick at the Darkness and to Heidi Cullinan with Carry the Ocean and Lonely Hearts.  My 2015 author of the year is  …



K.C. Wells

I’ve been reading K.C. Wells for quite some time now, but this year she blew me away with a range of emotional and sexy stories including fantasy ménage, first love, second chances and Doms and subs looking for or stumbling into love. Highlights of her 2015 releases included Dom of Ages (Collars & Cuffs #7), Submitting to the Darkness, First and Bond of Three all of which earned 5 star reviews from me.

K.C. Wells’ Amazon Page


Debut Author of the Year

Although most of the books I read this year were by established authors, I did find some first time authors whose books I really enjoyed, including Megan Erickson, R.J. Jones, Lissa Ford and Roan Parrish, but my choice for favorite Debut Author is…



Avon Gale

Let the Wrong Light In was a refreshing, unexpected surprise and her follow-up, Breakaway (Scoring Chances #1) showed she wasn’t sticking to just one type of story.

Avon Gale’s Amazon Page



Favorite Series

There are so many to choose from in this category it’s hard to know where to begin!  Some of my favorites added books including Collars & Cuffs (Dom of Ages by K.C. Wells & Parker Williams), Firsts and Forever (4 new books by Alexa Land), THIRDS (Rise and Fall and Against the Grain by Charlie Cochet), Gay Amish Romance (A Clean Break and A Way Home by Keira Andrews) Training Season (Training Complex by Leta Blake), and Twin Ties (Double Heat by Lynn Kelling). I could go on, but you get the point. It was a great year for both old and new series, but my choice for Favorite Series (with a book published in 2015) is …




Cut & Run by Abigail Roux

The long-running series officially ended in 2015 with book 9, Crash & Burn. This series is one that I find myself going back to read time and again and with the spin-off Sidewinder books, Ty & Zane’s story isn’t completely over.

Abigail Roux’s Amazon Page



Favorite Character Couple

This was another tough one as all the books I’ve mentioned here obviously have great couples or I wouldn’t have loved them! There is one couple that keeps popping into my head though, so without naming all the couples from all the books I’ve mentioned here, I’m just going to say my pick is …



Jarod and Eli from Dom of Ages by K.C. Wells & Parker Williams

Jarod as the heartbroken older sub and Eli as the young imperfect Dom stole my heart.  From the moment Eli notices the Jarod looking out of place kneeling in a club among the young wannabe subs, and sees not an “old man” but a serious sub with a desire to serve, you can feel how good they will be together. It was not a quick or easy road for these two as Jarod’s pain is deep and Eli is in above his head at first, but in the end they are each exactly what the other needs. 

Amazon Global Link


Cover of the Year

I’m not an artist and don’t consider myself having an eye for art, but there are a few covers that grabbed me this year. Some had beautiful men, some had eye-catching color and some were just clean and uncluttered. My ultimate choice is one that combined all three …



Trasmundo: Book One: Escape by Varian Krylov


Cover Design: Bey Deckard

Map and Art : Bey Deckard

Photograph: Strangeland Photography

Amazon Global Link



Favorite Read of 2015 NOT Published in 2015

I didn’t have too many older reads this year, but some I was glad to get to were Grif’s Toy by Joseph Lance Tonlet, The Tinder Chronicles by Alexa Land, A Hard Winter Rain by John Inman, Fated by Indra Vaughn, Trouble Comes in Threes by M. A. Church and Hesitant Heart by Morticia Knight. My winner is …



The Bible Boys by Dan Skinner

While the religious theme was what had me initially holding off on reading this story, I’m so glad I finally dove in.  The Bible Boys is a hopeful and beautiful tale of young love.

Dan Skinner’s Amazon Page




Thanks for reading my choices and apologies to all the authors of books I didn’t have time or space to acknowledge!  It was a great reading year for the genre and I’m hoping 2016 is even better!



Now it’s YOUR turn, if you haven’t already voted for you favorites of 2015, pop along to our Readers Choice Awards: Round One nominations to have YOUR voice heard.

Click on the picture below




Christmas may be over but I have a little gift for one lucky reader, a Kindle eBook from your TBR list! All you need to do is answer my following question in the comments below:

Who would you like to win one of the above categories and why? Don’t be shy now. Give some of your favorite authors a little love and recognition.


::: And the winner is…. Jen CW ……. CONGRATULATIONS! :::


  1. i love AE Via her stories are great and so well written plus her characters are all HOT!!!!

  2. I don't know if I could pick just one couple for my Favorite Character Couple, but I really enjoyed reading about Tanner and Steve from Jesse's Diner by Cardeno C.

    1. Congratulations! ~ you are our lucky winner! An email is on its way to you :-)

  3. One of my favorite is Charlie Crochet. Her THIRDS series is one of my long standing favorite.

  4. My favorite book not published in 2015 is Mary Calmes' Tbe Matter of Time Series. I don't know what took me so long to discover Jordy & Sam Kage. I love them hard!

  5. For me it would be K.J. Charles and A Charm of Magpies. I have a sweet spot for Ben and Jonah from Jackdaw. <3

  6. I agree with Debra and hope the Cut & Run series (with book #9: Crash & Burn) by Abigail Roux will win the Best Series with a 2015 Book category!
    Thanks for the chance at the giveaway.
    foebz (at) hotmail (dot) com

  7. I really like the cover of Dance With Me by Heidi Cullinan. I would definitely give it the price for best cover of the year!

  8. My favorite series last year was Harper Fox's Tyack and Frayne, and they are one of my favorite couples, too.


  9. I enjoyed Jay Northcote's Passing Through and Like a Lover. My favourite series is THIRDS and I adore Taylin Clavelli's cover for Secret of the Manor.

  10. Kindle Alexander... Secret was awesome!!! :D

    Thanks for the giveaway... velastarr926 at aol dot com

  11. I would like Jordan L. Hawk's Whyborne & Griffin series to win best series. It is my all-time favorite. Thanks for sharing your 2015 favs with us.


  12. The Warlock Brothers of Havenbridge by Jacob Z. Flores
    I am so LOVING that series!

  13. I would say Avon Gale for debut author. :-)

  14. series of the year - THIRDS by Charlie Cochet


  15. For debut author of 2015 I'll pick Karen Stivali

    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

  16. The majority of my reading this year has originated from other years. I am still catching up with my greedy buying spree over the last few years that has also coincided with being far too busy at work to take the time to read them. Not that I would read my ebooks at work... So most of this year's books are in my To Read folder or To Buy list.

  17. My favorite debut author was Roan Parrish. I loved In the Middle of Somewhere and can't wait for the next book in the series.

  18. My favorite debut author was Roan Parrish. I loved In the Middle of Somewhere and can't wait for the next book in the series.