Friday, December 25, 2015

Review : The Proof is in the Pudding by Nic Starr

proof is in the pud

Title ~ The Proof is in the Pudding

Author ~ Nic Starr

Publisher ~ MLR Press

Published ~ 4th December 2015

Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance, Christmas

Rating

1c1c1c1c1ca

goodreads add to

Synopsis

Steve never expected making a Christmas pudding would bring him the man of his dreams.
Steve Hayes is away with a group of friends who are spending the Christmas break together. He's determined to put his two-timing ex-boyfriend in the past, and enjoy his week away. Steve is happily surprised to find that Corey Oh, the guy he's been admiring from afar, has been invited along too. But Steve knows there's no way someone as wonderful as Corey, who could have any man he wanted, would be interested in him.
However, thanks to a misadventure with a Christmas pudding, Steve will find that dreams can come true

Freya’s Review

Who knew that making a Christmas pudding would lead to such delights.

I am not one to spoil a plot, after all you have the blurb. So, telling you that this tale unwinds while a group of friends, Christmas orphans, spend a festive holiday together, is no deal breaker.

What I will say is that the blurb was a good reflection of the story inside and not an inflated representation. From the very first paragraph, I smiled at this story. It has lovely humour that I totally related to, and a splendid balance of dialogue and other forms of storytelling. All too often, I see dialogue heavy stories, which aren’t to my taste. This isn’t one of them. It is well written. I was presented with scenes that I could picture, and the characters had individual personalities that mixed well.

I found The Proofs In The Pudding, a totally engaging, heart warming Christmas story. Oh, and as for the heat factor – it wasn’t just the Aussie sun that made me break out my fan.

Purchase Link

buydirect2

AMAZON GLOBAL LINK

sm_xflorals64

Connect with the Author

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. :)

    ReplyDelete