Saturday, December 05, 2015

Review: Broken Prince, Mismatched Eyes (The Mauritanian Saga Book 1) by Layla Dorine

91cHVQEv0bL._SL1500_Title ~ Broken Prince, Mismatched Eyes (The Mauritanian Saga Book 1)

Author ~ Layla Dorine

Publisher ~ Wayward Ink Publishing

Published ~ 4th December 2015

Genre ~ Historical Fantasy M/M Romance

Rating

1c_thumb2_thumb_thumb1c_thumb6_thumb_thumb1c_thumb5_thumb_thumb1c_thumb4_thumb_thumb1c_thumb4_thumb1_thumb

goodreads-add-to_thumb2

Synopsis

All of his life, Caden DeMott’s mismatched eyes have made him the target of superstition and scorn. Though he is the son of a nobleman, he’s been allowed to run free over the hills and moors, mostly ignored by his family. No one ever thought to inform him that he had been betrothed since infancy, until the day his fiancĂ©, Prince Rhys Gwyther arrived to marry him.
Rhys is the prince of the small island country of Mauritania, a land rich in gems, rose oil, and pearls, but poor in skilled artisans and seeds to grow crops. In order to further cement the trade route to the mainland, he’s been sent to marry a man he’s never met, and bring him back to Mauritania. Unfortunately, an accident years before has left Rhys with a lot of emotional baggage and very little trust in strangers.
But trust is exactly what Caden and Rhys are going to need if they are to make a life together, and help unravel the mystery of who’s been smuggling valuable gems and pearls off the island. Add in the realization that Caden’s stepmother, Mildred and her island representative, Maxwell, have been importing inferior goods for years, forcing Mauritania to become more dependent on them, and trust becomes even more difficult.
Caden possesses the knowledge to finally allow Rhys’ father to unravel the plot to ruin Mauritania, but only if the king and his son are willing to put their faith in Caden’s loyalty to his new home. Something that is difficult to do after Caden is accused of cheating on his marriage vows to Rhys with his guard, Luc. Will Rhys believe him innocent? Or will their marriage be over before it truly has a chance to begin?

Freya’s Review

Well what can I say about this story. It enchanted me from the first paragraph to the last. I couldn’t put it down. It took me twelve hours straight to read from cover to cover and I don’t regret a minute of it. The author took me on an emotional journey as well as a literary one. I came to care for the primary and secondary characters, especially Luc. The world Layla created was one I totally sank into. It wasn’t all roses. There was good, evil, hero’s, action … hell everything I love in a good read. To get top marks from me, a story has to contain all the drama the blurb promised - some love and tenderness and has to give my emotions a good workout. This story delivered.

If I had to have a gripe about anything, it would be the authors’ use of one of my least favorite phrases – needless to say. It’s a phrase I find redundant considering the author said what was needless to say. But, each to his own and I can forgive, due to how totally riveting the story is. I was sorry to see it end.

Purchase Links

wayward-ink
AMAZON GLOBAL LINK

a_divider_by_ucurmi-d587m8c_thumb5_t[2]

Connect with Layla Dorine

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER

Photo 26.11.13 08 52 56 (1)

Sinfully Santa ~ He’s here!

File 15-11-15 13 55 52

Sinfully Santa’s Question: If there is one book on your wish list you would love to win which one would it be and why?

Answer Santa’s question by leaving your answer in the comments on the post, enter the draw below to open more chances to win. With a bit of luck you maybe chosen to win any M/M romance Kindle ebook from your wish list!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

21 comments:

  1. That's a hard question to just pick one. I'm torn between two of them at the moment. Alexa Land's All I Believe because I have and really liked the rest of the series and A.M. Arthur's The World As He Sees It because not only do I really like her writing and characters but because this book especially just appeals to me. So I guess of the two I think.... The World As He Sees It by A.M. Arthur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I can pick just one! There are so many I want to read! Maybe Fish Stick Fridays by Rhys Ford or Winter Oranges by Marie Sexton.
    Antonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Square Peg by Jane Davitt....It's been on my list for a while and I always forget about it when buying books...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fish Stick Fridays by Rhys Ford because this is the latest release by an author I always enjoy reading and having read the blurb I am really looking forward to this latest book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Difficult, difficult question... So many good books in my wishlist... I guess Assimilation, Love and Other Human Oddities by Lyn Gala, because I've just finished the first one and really enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great books, i will be hard to pick just one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely Kings Rising (Captive Prince #3) by C.S. Pacat because It's been so long a wait, but the wait isn't over yet as the estimated release date is still February 2016...
    So I'd say If Only in My Dreams by Keira Andrews, thnaks to the Christmassy season and her writing voice I love ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to reading Winter Oranges by Marie Sexton. Thanks for the great holiday giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Probably Th Secret of Hunter's Bog by Ally Blue, though it doesn't release til next year
    Or the second Chnce MacLeod by Greg Herren, Murder in the Rue StAnne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I honestly need to think about that...I have way too many to remember!

    Trix, vitajex(at)aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to win Josh Lanyon's latest book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm new to M/M romances and Broken Prince, Mismatched Eyes sound like one that I would really enjoy. Thanks for the chance to win this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just one? Gosh, well, probably How to Howl at the Moon. I just love the premise of that book so much. It sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a very long wish list, but I'd like to win First by K.C. Wells. I love stories about first times and HEA's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As I usually can't choose (because I want them all), I have opted for the method of scrolling randomly down the page and taking the first title my eyes and on - Home for the Holidays Anthology. Oh yes, Christmas is a favourite setting of mine. All that hope and sweetness. This is a good pick.
    @hojurose

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a lot on my list, but one I've wanted for awhile is The Christmas Kitsch by Amy Lane.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's too difficult to pick just one, so I'd chosen two: Nightingale by Aleksander Voinov and Inked Souls by T.T. Kove.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to win - TJ Klune's How to Be a Normal Person.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Angela:
    My TBR?Wish list is very long so i think i would close my eyes and just pick one LOL
    Thanks for the giveaway chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So difficult to choose just one, but maybe Semper Fi by Keira Andrews. Thanks for the chance! anamaribelcardenas@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would choose "All I Believe" (Firsts & Forever #10) by Alexa Land

    ReplyDelete