Monday, December 21, 2015

Release Day Review: Vanished 3 by Carter Quinn

Title: Vanished 3

Author: Carter Quinn

Publisher: Carter Quinn Books

Release: 21st December 2015

Genre: M/M (mystery/thriller)

Rating:

Synopsis

It’s been five months since Henry Cooley woke up to find that his husband, Tom MacKinnon, had vanished. Henry has gone through hell and back since then trying to uncover what really happened. But nothing could prepare him for the truth.

Mark’s Review

OMG!! YEAH!! Thank f*** for that!! We now have the final solution to this riveting mystery / thriller. I have never been so pleased to get my hands on a book in my life. Seriously, once I got it I broke all curfews, bedtime or otherwise, as I just HAD TO KNOW what is up with Henry’s husband Tom.

This has been one hell of a ride from the very first book to the very last, cliff hangers and all. I have never been so invested in a story in my life and now we know how it all plays out. I feel I can now celebrate Christmas relieved that the questions of Tom’s death in the first book has now been answered.

It’s very difficult to write a review for such a book without giving anything away inadvertently. So all I will say is that part three has put us out of our misery of not knowing and I was definitely not disappointed at all. This third book is action packed, full of twists and turns that eventually lead to the final conclusion. Could I have guessed the final outcome? Absolutely no way. However, now I know it all makes perfect sense and feel satisfied with the way the complete story has turned out.

This story is for me not necessarily your traditional M/M romance. It’s a superb, well written, well plotted and totally intriguing mystery / thriller that in my books can compete with any of the greats. The characters in the book just happen to be gay. END OF! A first class, gay themed, mystery / thriller so to speak.

In the first book I didn’t trust Shaun, Henry’s best friend not one bit, by the end of the second book I wasn’t sure but in the third book I learned to love him and his love and respect for Henry even if it goes unrequited. But I admire Henry all the more for not giving up. Shaun gets himself in a right quandary on the romantic stakes although it all sorts itself out in the end. As for the investigative team of Trev, Dev and Shelby all characters were individual, real and wonderful. However, this series does not concentrate on the erotic it concentrates on the emotions and my goodness can Mr Carter provoke the feelz in this series! Henry’s love for his missing husband, real and palpable. His love for his son, concerned and protective. His own feelings an emotional helter-skelter of trying to keep a grip on reality and thinking he must be crazy.

I loved the way that Carter combines the private lives as well as the mystery aspect. Shaun, Shelby and Dev also have their emotional trial and tribulations to sort alongside trying to solve the mystery of Henry’s husband Tom. I loved the relationship that Henry has with his son CJ. Although CJ is now 19, you can feel the love they have for each other like any child / parent relationship whether adopted or not. Henry is always second guessing himself whether to fill CJ in on the whole story or not out of his love to protect him, whether he is doing the right thing or not with his kid. Natural enough for any parent I guess. But the truth is always the best policy and there are some fantastic and beautiful father / son dialogues. All characters being involved in the one main question, what is with Tom?

So for those of you have been waiting until all three books have been released, now’s your chance. Go forth and spend the money you won’t regret it. I promise you! As for me well I got the ending I wanted and cried for joy!! Best Christmas present EVER!

Meet Carter Quinn

downloadCarter Quinn was born and raised in a very small Western Kansas town where cattle vastly outnumber humans. He began spinning tales in fourth grade. After high school, he shelved his creativity in favor of a career. Now that he knows gay fiction doesn’t have to be depressing, he’s told Corporate America to kiss his books. Carter lives in the Denver area, near his beloved Colorado Avalanche.

Connect with Carter Quinn

FACEBOOK | WEBSITE | TWITTER | GOODREADS

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

Series Reading Order and Purchase Links

229228445

Rating ~ 5 Stars

MARK’S REVIEW

Synposis

Henry Cooley has good friends and a good life. He’s secure in his job and his relationship. He and Tom, the love of his life, are about to celebrate their twenty-first anniversary as a couple. Their son, CJ, is in his second year at Cal Arts. Henry's only problems are his growing dissatisfaction with his job and the fact that Tom's parents still hate him, even after all these years. At least those are his only problems until the morning he wakes up to discover Tom has vanished.

AMAZON | B&N | KOBO | SMASHWORDS

91zEL0YmjsL._SL1500_

Rating ~ 5 Stars

MARK’S REVIEW

Synopsis

It's only been three weeks since Henry woke up to discover his husband, Tom, had vanished. He's still struggling to come to terms with his new reality when he receives a haunting phone call: “Henry. Help me.” It’s Tom's voice, but Henry is afraid to believe. His world has already come crashing down around him twice in the last six months. Is Tom really alive, or is Henry losing his grip on reality again?

AMAZON | KOBO | SMASHWORDS

Rating ~ 5 Stars

Synopsis

It’s been five months since Henry Cooley woke up to find that his husband, Tom MacKinnon, had vanished. Henry has gone through hell and back since then trying to uncover what really happened. But nothing could prepare him for the truth.

AMAZON | KOBO

2 comments:

  1. I've got book 2 to read yet and this needs to go the buy list - think I've got my next reads sorted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you seriously have to get up to speed on this series Suzi :-) I'm sure you'll love it.

      Delete