Thursday, December 31, 2015

Charlie Cochet’s Men & Mischief Monthly Author Column… Happy New Year!

0M & M 1

FF_Divider_Pink

Hello all! Thank you so much for joining me for my monthly author column here at Sinfully. It’s the last day of the year! Wow. Where did 2015 go? I’m pretty sure we were just celebrating the dawn of 2015 not long ago. It was a busy year for me. My first as a full-time writer. It was both terrifying and exciting. A goal I’d set for myself in 2014, and one I’m so happy to have reached. What a journey it’s been.

I never could have predicted the events of this year, or the way the THIRDS has been received. So many wonderful people have helped make this such an amazing experience. I’ve watched something I love, something I worked so very hard on, find a place in peoples’ hearts. The journey has been far from easy, but I never expected it to be. The people around me have been incredible, their support indispensable. I’ve made new friends who’ve become near and dear to me. I’m still in awe.

As 2015 comes to a close, I’d like to say thank you to all the wonderful people who’ve helped make this such a great year. Thank you to everyone who’s offered their support, kind words, a smile, or posted a picture on my Facebook timeline because they saw something that reminded them of Dex. To the readers who took a chance on a new author, and those who’ve been with me since the beginning.

Thank you to my friends whose virtual hugs and words of wisdom have helped me through times of hurt, confusion, and uncertainty. To my dear friend who’s made my days a little bit brighter by chatting about everything from writing to makeup, and sharing in my crazy obsessions. To friends who’ve made me laugh, brought me much needed coffee, helped me lug swag, gifted me flower-wearing T-rexes (It’s just dust in my eye. I’m not crying, you’re crying) *sniffles*. To fellow authors who’ve taken time out of their busy schedules to offer help and advice.

As authors, we spend a good deal of our time staring at a screen, but behind that screen are connections to friends around the world. People who are more than their avatars. Thank you to everyone who’s helped make 2015 so memorable. Here’s to 2016! May it bring you love, laughter, and endless possibilities!

What about you? What do you look forward to most in a new year? Is there anyone you’d like to thank who made an impact on your 2015?

FF_Divider_Pink

Meet Charlie Cochet

Charlie_Cochet_by_madison_parker150Charlie Cochet is an author by day and artist by night. Always quick to succumb to the whispers of her wayward muse, no star is out of reach when following her passion. From Historical to Fantasy, Contemporary to Science Fiction, there’s bound to be plenty of mischief for her heroes to find themselves in, and plenty of romance, too!

Currently residing in South Florida, Charlie looks forward to migrating to a land where the weather includes seasons other than hot, hotter, and boy, it’s hot! When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found reading, drawing, or watching movies. She runs on coffee, thrives on music, and loves to hear from readers.

WEBSITE | THIRDS HQ | FACEBOOK | FACEBOOK AUTHOR PAGE | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | CHARLIE'S NEWSLETTER

CHARLIE’S AMAZON PAGE

FF_Divider_Pink

Giveaway

Each week, on our Author Column posts we will gift to one lucky commenter answering the author question, a Kindle eBook from your TBR list.

Please leave your email address with your comment so we can contact you.

Good Luck!

::: And the winner is…. Susana ……. CONGRATULATIONS! :::

21 comments:

  1. Our household (bf & I) do things a bit differently. It started out with 2000 and seeing in the new millenium where I would rather catch the sunruse on the New year. I suppose it comes from the first-footing/hogmanay traditions but we try. It often means up at 4.30am and a drive to an elevation where we can we the sun as it breaks, but given this is our rainy season, sometimes its dappled and sometimes spectacular lightning shows. Of course champagne at 6am is a stunning start to the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my family is coming over for the night, and my aim for next year is as many holidays as possible and see Adam Lambert in April ( I have my tickets). I hope your year is as spectacular as this year has been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mainly look forwad to the fact that it is getting closer to warmer weather!!
    Getting back to regular routines (yoga, netball, basketball) after the holiday breaks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to doing great on my study this year, to all the wonderful stories that are going to be released, and to meeting with my friends more, especially with one of them, who is moving out to another city in a month. And more than everything, to enjoy 2016. :)
    Happy New Year everyone, have a wonderful time ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, forgot my email adress: serena91291@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. The big thing I am looking for to in 2016 is my first grandchild being born in August. I only hope both mother and baby keep healthy and happy until then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to a year of new beginnings and better health. And hopefully a few kept New Year's resolutions. :) Happy New Year everyone!

    waxapplelover (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this weird quirk I guess you could call, I tend to prefer even numbered years, so I'm looking forward to 2016! Happy New Year to you!

    jenndonald00@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2015 started with me needing surgery, then my mother passed away unexpectedly, so it was a lousy year. But I had an acquaintance who stepped up to help me through the grieving process. Needless to say she is now a good friend, so she gets my sincerest thanks. What I'm looking forward to in 2016 is moving to a blue state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My contact info: skadlec1@yahoo.com

      Delete
  9. I'm hoping to travel a bit, and learn to relax!

    Trix, vitajex@aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2015 was not the best year, not the worst either, so I am hoping 2016 is much better. Happy New Year to you as well.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm going to have to move house in 2016 (mixed feelings about that!)
    I'm grateful that I was able to find a job in 2015

    leetee2007(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am looking frwd to spending more time with my family in 2016
    jmarinich33@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2015 was a good year for me. I recovered a balance I had lost some time ago. I found peace and was at ease with myself for the first time in years. So I expect 2016 will be a good year, because I feel happy and full of energy...
    susanaperez7140(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! you're our lucky winner of this month's author column from Charlie. An email is on its way to you.

      Delete
  14. I think 2016 should be a great year! I'm looking to "upgrade" my home in probably so my daily commute will be a fraction of the time and, in Phoenix, that is definitely a treasure! I got a promotion this past November at work so I am looking forward to continuing to learn the many other facets of my job and just keep developing there. And I am definitely looking forward to Catch A Tiger's release!!! :D

    genbez1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. 2015 was pretty unspectacular for me, the exception was my nephew turning one. I'm hoping 2016 will bring me better luck and a better job.

    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the post! I always enjoy your writing. I am looking forward to seeing my kids grow through another year and to a planned trip to Hawaii next May/June.

    jen(dot)f(at)mac(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. 2015 was truly a year of highs and lows. I felt like there was a lot of death this year and it kinda knocked me for a loop. I was recruiting into what I hope will be an amazing job and I got to take a wonderful trip to California for vacation and GRL fun. Stress has been at all time high, but I'm hoping in 2016 I get my sea legs and all will be good ;)

    Thanks for all you do Charlie and your lovely stories are the BEST kind of stress reduction for me :D I hope your 2016 is stupendous!

    Sadonna

    ReplyDelete
  18. 2015 was a difficult year to live for many reasons, so I'm really looking forward to a new start with an easier and hopefully happier time in 2016. And many wonderful books to read and spend a delightful journey with, such as Catch a Tiger by the Tail!

    foebz (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete