Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Review: Defiant Loyalties by Elizabeth Wilde

defiantloyaltiesTitle ~ Defiant Loyalties
 
Author ~ Elizabeth Wilde
 
Publisher ~ NineStar Press
 
Published ~ 23 November 2015
 
Genre ~ M/M Contemporary Erotic Romance, Suspense
 
Rating
 
1c_thumb3_thumb1c_thumb4_thumb1c_thumb5_thumb1c_thumb6_thumb
goodreads-add-to_thumb3

Synopsis

All Jack Preston has ever wanted is freedom: from his father’s oppressive political reign, from his mother’s dying memory, from his own guilt in the part he’s played to get George Preston to the top. When an assassination attempt is made on his father’s life, Jack is thrown into a dangerous game of lies and espionage, and as his whole world destabilizes, he finds himself turning to the most unlikely person for help.


Alex—the assassin who started it all; the man whose face haunts Jack’s dreams—becomes his only ally. As they come together to fight a bigger enemy, Jack’s attraction becomes a risk too large to take and too powerful not to. Will falling in love with a dangerous killer play right into his enemy’s hands? Or will Alex risk everything to protect the son of the man he was sent to murder? Loyalties will be tested and sacrifices made, but Jack will learn that some things are truly worth fighting for.

Freya’s Review

From the start, this story gripped me. The author sets a good scene and gets into the action quickly. The plot is good, and the characters are worthy.


Like many films, this story goes through waves of action, scene setting, and story progression; which made it an enjoyable ride. And, there are several high points that had my heart going like the clappers. There were occasions, too, when, for me, there was a hiccup in the flow. But, it was only a bump in the road of an entertaining story.


The action scenes are intensive and the sizzle – it is fan worthy. I could have read more of both.


I feel as though I should write more in this review, as once I started reading, I didn’t want to put my kindle down; except, I don’t wish to spoil the plot for you. Though, I have to say my favorite character had a minor role – it was the little old lady, with her poodle. She’s only in it for a few lines here and there, but I found her memorable.


What more can I say? The story has action, romance, a nasty bad guy and a couple of gutsy heroes. If the back cover blurb doesn’t excite you and make you want to read it then....


For a debut novel, Defiant Loyalties ticked many boxes. This author has a promising future.
 

Purchase Links

NineStarLogoFinal
 
 
Divider-Bar-Gold-600px[4]
 

Connect with Elizabeth Wilde 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment