Please join us in welcoming L.C. Chase to Sinfully today on the tour of her new release A Fortunate Blizzard. Read on to find out who she’d like to be stranded on a deserted Island with and don’t forget to enter the giveaway for your chance to win a $50 Esty gift certificate.
If you read my first post in the A Fortunate Blizzard blog tour, “Based on Actual Events”, you’ll know that this story started with stranded commuters partying it up at a nearby hotel. For this post I thought I’d do a spin on the “what three items would you want if stranded on a deserted island” theme. Instead, let’s play “name five people you’d want to be stranded in a blizzard with, and why”. Sound like a plan? :-) Okay, I’ll go first. My five people, in no particular order…
- First and foremost—okay, this is the only one in particular order, but the rest aren’t. Swearzies! My Mom, because she’s my very best friend.
- Musician Ray LaMontagne—who would, of course, have his acoustic guitar with him—because I love his soulful voice, his music, his approach to songwriting, and what better way would there be to pass the time than jamming with Ray? Bring on the snow!
- Artist Renato Muccillo, because I love the way he sees the world, his philosophy and approach to both art and life. Not only can he find the beauty in a puddle, but he can make you see it too. I would love to just sit and talk art and life with him, maybe even pick up a painting tip or two while at it.
- Author Stephen King, because he is the first author I ever read. I think he would be pretty amazing to sit down and talk writing and craft with. Plus, there’s the added factor of wondering what his incredible imagination could conjure to life in that remote cabin we’re all stranded in. ;-)
- A fifth was really hard, but I’m going with the Dalia Llama. I do not believe in organized religion, but I do believe in spirituality. I think sitting down and having a conversation with the Dalia Llama would be incredibly profound and thought provoking.
So that’s my five. Now it’s your turn! Who are your five “stuck in a blizzard with” people and why?
A Fortunate Blizzard
Publisher ~ Riptide Publishing
Published ~ 2nd November 2015
Genre ~ Christmas Contemporary M/M Romance
There are worse things than being stranded in a blizzard.
Artist Trevor Morrison has always appreciated the little things in life, treating each day as a gift. And with good reason: he’s been on the transplant-recipient list for too long now. When he learns just how numbered his days truly are, he resolves not to take them for granted. But he won’t be unrealistic, either—which means romantic commitments are off the table.
Marcus Roberts seems to have it all. He’s handsome, financially sound, and on the fast track to partnership at a prestigious law firm. In reality, though, his drive for success has meant no time for friends or relationships. Add in the fact that his family discarded him long ago, and he’s facing yet another holiday season alone.
When the biggest snowstorm to hit Colorado in decades leaves Marc and Trevor stranded at the same hotel, a chance encounter and a night of passion leads to more than either of them expected. Finding comfort in each other is a welcome surprise, but time is not on their side. Either they find a way to beat the odds, or they lose each other forever.
::: REVIEW :::
Meet L.C. Chase
Cover artist by day, author by night, L.C. Chase is a hopeless romantic, free spirit, and adventure seeker who loves hitting the open road just to see where it takes her. After a decade of traveling three continents, she now calls the Canadian west coast home. When not writing sensual tales of beautiful men falling in love, she can be found designing book covers with said beautiful men, drawing, horseback riding, or hiking the trails with her goofy four-legged roommate.
L.C. is a two-time Lambda Literary Award finalist for Pickup Men and Pulling Leather; an EPIC eBook Awards winner for Pickup Men; an EPIC eBook Awards finalist for Let It Ride and Long Tall Drink; Bisexual Book Awards finalist for Let It Ride; and an Ariana eBook Cover Art Awards winner. She also received an honorable mention in the 2015 Rainbow Awards for Pulling Leather, and the 2012 Rainbow Awards for Riding with Heaven.
Your first comment at each stop on this tour enters you in the drawing for a $50 Esty gift certificate! Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on November 7. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Don't forget to leave your email or method of contact so we can reach you if you win, and follow the tour for more opportunities to enter the giveaway!