Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Featured Guest Author: Ashley John ~ Includes an Interview with Elias & Caden from his New Release Shelter.

Shelter

Happy Release Day To Ashley John

We are so excited to have Elias and Caden with us here today at Sinfully, you can meet these two gorgeous boys in Ashley John’s New Release Shelter… which is out TODAY!

But before you go rushing off and one clicking, check out the interview and find out just how adorable they are.1d

Interview with Elias & Caden from Ashley John’s New Release Shelter. 

Interview set after the epilogue in Shelter (may contain mild spoilers!)

Hello Elias and Caden! Thanks so much for agreeing to this interview on Sinfully! It's a pleasure to have y'all here!

C: It’s a pleasure to be here

E: You’ve got us out of the apartment. We should be thanking you.

What has been the greatest challenge in your relationship?

E: Oh, well, apart from my mother trying to split us up at every turning, I don’t think we’ve had any.

C: We’re over that now. Aren’t we, Elias? Your mom, she’s trying.

E: I guess.

C: You could say that the most challenging situation we’ve been through is how we met. I was Elias’ support worker.

E: And I was fresh out of rehab. Have you always had a thing for us addicts, Caden?

C: Only you.

What are your favorite qualities about your partner?

C: Can I go first here? Elias will never admit to his own good qualities. I love that he’s resilient and he doesn’t even know it. His addiction, which I don’t think he’ll mind me talking about, took him to the brink of his death, but he bounced right back.

E: I couldn’t have done it without you though. That’s what I love about you. You saw something in me that nobody else, including myself saw.

C: So your favorite quality in me is that I saw your favorite quality?

E: Well, when you put it like that…

What's your funniest memory?

E: It has to be the condom one?

C: Oh, god. I’m still not over that!

E: Caden was baby-sitting for my twin sister’s son, my nephew, Kobi. I wasn’t allowed to see him at the time, y’know, because I hadn’t been out of rehab long. When Kobi was in bed, Caden couldn’t help calling me and asking me to go over. Obviously, things turned pretty…

C: Steamy?

E: Steamy! Right on my sister’s couch. We’d just finished the ‘steaminess’ and Ellie walked in and…

C: Elias was left holding a condom between his finger and thumb. I don’t know who looked more horrified. You or her!

E: Oh, god. I lied. I’m so not over this.

Which do y'all prefer, a night on the town, or a night spent snuggling in front of the T.V.?

E: We’ll take the TV and the pizza any day. I’ve never really been a fan of nightlife. Too much temptation.

C: And I used to live in New York, so I’ve seen enough of the nightlife to fill my boots for the rest of my life. Elias showed me how fun a pizza and a reality TV show could be on a Friday night.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

E: My past?

C: No! Your past made you who are you. I don’t think I’d change anything. I only moved back to Havenmoore because I found my New York boyfriend cheating with my New York best friend. I might have said that, but if that hadn’t happened, I wouldn’t have come home, I wouldn’t have become a support worker, and I wouldn’t have met Elias.

What's you partners sexiest feature?

E: Caden’s ass.

C: Elias!

E: What? It’s true!

Where would y'all go on a dream vacation?

C: We haven’t even had time to think about that.

E: Don’t you need money for a vacation? I’m twenty-seven and I’ve only just got my high school diploma. Ask me that question in another year.

C: Maybe Europe? I’ve always wanted to go to England.

E: As long as you take me with you, I could go to Europe.

What's you biggest fear?

C: Losing Elias.

E: Really? That’s mine too. Well, losing myself again. I spent ten years in an addiction hole and it took meeting this man to drag me out of it. I never want to go to that place again.

What is your best childhood memory?

E: Pass. Unless you count an absent and unloving mother as a good memory?

C: Like we said, she’s trying. Their relationship is still pretty new.

E: It’s still in the box, it’s that new.

C: My favorite memory has to be my mom’s cooking. She was born and raised in Atlanta before she moved to Maine to be with my dad, so she was always cooking. I think it reminded her of home! Grits, chicken, collard greens…it’s a surprised I wasn’t a four hundred pound child.

Where do you hope to be in 5 years?

E: As long as I have Caden. I don’t care. Throw it at me. Homelessness, nuclear war, Justin Bieber songs stuck on a constant loop in my mind, I can handle anything with Caden by my side. That’s what he’s taught me.

C: Can my answer me the same? He pretends like I saved him but he really saved me. Is that everything? My mom’s making dinner and I don’t want to miss out.

You two were so sweet! Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview.

You can read Elias and Caden’s journey in Shelter (out now!). 1d

Shelter

Ashley John

11201500_625153264291156_8649027513578650609_n

Published ~ 12th October 2015

Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance

goodreads-add-to_thumb3

Synopsis

Fresh from his fourth stint in rehab, Elias James doesn’t have much to live for. His relationship with his family has never been so strained and with no real life of his own, he has nothing to live for. His overachieving twin sister and his ruthless mother's political success as Mayor of Havenmoore has left him empty. Getting high started as an act of rebellion but the addiction soon controlled his every waking moment.
Aspiring writer, Caden Walker, thought he had the perfect life until he discovered his boyfriend in bed with his best friend. Leaving everything behind in New York, he returns to Havenmoore to re-evaluate his life from his parent’s guest bedroom. When his mom offers him a job working for the charity she runs, helping people struggling with addiction, he’s not in a position to turn it down.
Caden never expected to find what he did, but when he is assigned to work with Elias, a reluctant attraction quickly blossoms into something deeper. Can Elias find in Caden the one thing he’s always searched for or will his addiction drag him under once again? Is Caden ready to let go of his New York dream to take a chance on something unexpected? Both men are faced with difficult times of change, but can they make it through the storm to find the shelter?

Purchase Link

AMAZON GLOBAL LINK

1d

Promo Image

1d

Meet Ashley John


813v1OHSa6L._UX250_
Ashley John lives in the North of England with his fiancé Reece, and his cat Jeremy. Ashley is a lover of love and a lover of life, and that's why he writes Romance novels. He's a sucker for gripping love story. His characters are fighters, strong and complex, and they'll do anything to get the happy endings they deserve (and there are usually a lot of tears and heartache along the way!). Ashley is best known for his best selling George & Harvey series and The Surf Bay Series. When Ashley isn't writing, he uses his creativity to paint and draw, and when he's not being creative, he's usually taking a nap.

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS

ASHLEY’S AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

2 comments: