Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Blog Tour: Stay by Alexa Milne with Guest Post & Excerpt



The Things we do for Love

One of my favourite songs is The Things we do for Love by 10CC. Hearing it, I sing along, and it always makes me smile. It’s not their most famous song—that is I’m not in Love.
I write mm romance stories which are all about what people will do for love in order to achieve their happy ever after. Writers put their characters through all sorts of angst. We get them together, let them fall in love, have some great sex, then split them up until we get them back together again. Sometimes huge sacrifices are needed, but at other times small gestures can make all the difference.

Each of us has probably at some point made a decision for love. Maybe we’ve bought chocolates or flowers to say sorry, or to say I love you. Or maybe we’ve made a special dinner, or simply tidied a house to make our loved one’s life easier. Strange things can make all the difference. In my case, there was an occasion when a pork pie may have saved a relationship!

In Stay, Ben and Martin don’t even live in the same continent, and Ben has a three date rule, but he knows Martin will be returning to America. Will he break that rule? Is it too soon to decide that is something he might do for love? What will either man do when they have an even bigger decision to make?

I’m sure we’ve all watched films to please others, or been to concerts and gigs to see artists we weren’t really into. I went to watch a football match with a friend and her father when I was sixteen. Now I loved football before going, and had been a fan of Leeds United since the glory days of the early 1970s, but I became a Cardiff City fan from then onwards. This didn’t stop me supporting Leeds as well and I went to Leeds University a couple of years later, mostly so I could go to Elland Road and support my first football love as often as possible.

However, there are some things I might not do for love. I have what I call the Indiana Jones test. In the first three films, Indiana faces snakes, insects and rats. Now while I recognise the dangers of snakes and rats, they don’t frighten me, but Indy might have ended up squashed if I’d have had to face the insects! For my mum it would be snakes, and for my best friend the rats. Do you pass all the Indy tests? After all, overcoming a big fear is often a test of our love.

So, we come to Ben and Martin who have to make a big decision for love in my story. What about you? What are the things you’d do for love?



Alexa Milne


Publisher ~ Pride Publishing

Published ~ 28th July 2015

Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance



An act of kindness is never wasted.

Ben Harwood loves his grandmother. When he visits her in the hospital, another old lady, Ivy, expresses a longing for an orange, so Ben, who works in a supermarket, takes her oranges the next day.

Later, after attending his grandmother’s funeral, he discovers that Ivy has died too, and decides to pay his respects. There, he meets Ivy’s grandson, Martin Riley, and the attraction is instant. To his amazement, Ben finds he has become a bit of a hero to the Riley family, who have traveled over from America. For Martin, Ben breaks his three-date rule more than once. Is this simply a holiday romance with great sex, or can he and Martin build something more permanent?

Like the sound of Stay? Buy it here.

Purchase Links

Pride Publishing Blogger Launch_250X250_final




“I don’t want to let you go,” Martin whispered.

Ben felt Martin move his arms to let him escape. He sat up awkwardly.

“I don’t want to go either,” he said quietly.

Martin pulled himself up and leaned his head against the headboard. “Sorry, I’m being ridiculous. I don’t know what’s the matter with me, but from the moment I saw you at the back of the crematorium, there was something about you that made my pulse beat faster. I’m not imagining things here, am I?” He gulped.

Ben watched Martin’s Adam’s apple bob up and down. He knew what Martin meant. He’d felt it too. Something had changed simply because he’d given an old lady an orange, then met this man. For some reason, he’d decided to go to her funeral. Was something or someone trying to get a message to him, and all he’d needed to do was listen, then act? He’d never believed in fate or anything else, but a sudden vision of his gran sitting on a bench next to Martin’s gran, discussing how their grandchildren might be made for each other, slipped into his mind. He didn’t want Martin to go back to America, but why the hell would the man stay? If he didn’t take a chance then in a couple of days their time together would be only a wonderful memory to keep him warm as he hugged his pillow at night.

His brain disconnected from his mouth. “D’you believe in love at first sight?” he asked. Shit. Where the hell did that come from? But all the same, he couldn’t stop himself from gazing at Martin.

“Not until yesterday,” Martin said quietly. “But I think I might now.”


Meet Alexa Milne

Originally from South Wales, Alexa has lived for over thirty years in the North West of England. Now retired, after a long career in teaching, she devotes her time to her obsessions.

Alexa began writing when her favourite character was killed in her favourite show. After producing a lot of fanfiction she ventured into original writing.

She is currently owned by a mad cat and spends her time writing about the men in her head, watching her favourite television programmes and usually crying over her favourite football team.




1 comment: