Saturday, June 06, 2015

Rhys Ford’s :::Murder and Mayhem ~ Killing Them Softly Tour:::

vintage design elements

A funny thing happened on the way to the murder scene… I needed victims.

Now skip this part if you’ve heard it before but see, it’s hard to be a serial killer without victims. And if there’s one thing I do like writing, it is murder.

For the introduction of Rook and Dante in Murder and Mayhem, I wanted to do something different so I reached out to my fellow authors and ask; Can I murder you?

Everyone I reached out to said yes. Some were reluctant, some were enthusiastic but mostly there was a tingle of impending doom because really, nothing says I love you like a particularly well planned murder—especially if it’s yours.

The authors I’m killing off on this tour are some of my favourites. I could kill everyone I like. Sadly, I wouldn’t have enough time and I do have to move on to other murders, other books. But I’ve gathered a few… and best of all, like in some of the better mysteries in life, there is a plot twist.

vintage design elements

Charlie Cochrane

Charlie Cochrane — Lessons In Power
There is an sweet elegance to Charlie’s writing. Like a Victorian Sponge Cake but with a dash of jalapeno jelly because there is a kick to it. I can’t even explain how excited I get when I know there’s a new Cochrane book on the horizon. It’s just so damned special. Guh. Adore her writing.

vintage design elements

Murder and Mayhem by Rhys Ford

- Murder and Mayhem #1 -


Publisher ~ Dreamspinner Press

Published ~ 5th June 2015

Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance

Rating

goodreads add to

Synopsis

Dead women tell no tales.

Former cat burglar Rook Stevens stole many a priceless thing in the past, but he’s never been accused of taking a life—until now. It was one thing to find a former associate inside Potter’s Field, his pop culture memorabilia shop, but quite another to stumble across her dead body.

Detective Dante Montoya thought he’d never see Rook Stevens again—not after his former partner’d falsified evidence to entrap the jewelry thief and Stevens walked off scot-free. So when he tackled a fleeing murder suspect, Dante was shocked to discover the blood-covered man was none other than the thief he’d fought to put in prison and who still made his blood sing.

Rook is determined to shake loose the murder charge against him, even if it means putting distance between him and the rugged Cuban-Mexican detective who brought him down. If one dead con artist wasn’t bad enough, others soon follow, and as the bodies pile up around Rook’s feet, he’s forced to reach out to the last man he’d expect to believe in his innocence—and the only man who’s ever gotten under Rook’s skin.

::: REVIEW :::

Read an excerpt and Purchase Murder and Mayhem here

DreamspinnerPress

AMAZON GLOBAL LINK

vintage design elements

Meet Rhys Ford


headshot_Rhys Ford
Rhys Ford was born and raised in Hawai’i then wandered off to see the world. After chewing through a pile of books, a lot of odd food, and a stray boyfriend or two, Rhys eventually landed in San Diego, which is a very nice place but seriously needs more rain.
Rhys admits to sharing the house with three cats of varying degrees of black fur and a ginger cairn terrorist. Rhys is also enslaved to the upkeep a 1979 Pontiac Firebird, a Toshiba laptop, and an overworked red coffee maker.

My books can be purchased, folded and first chapters read at Dreamspinner Press. http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADSvintage design elements

Giveaway

To launch the Murder and Mayhem series, I will be giving away books written by my victims as well as a $20 USD gift certificate to the eTailer of the winner’s choice.

And don’t forget to catch each authors’ death on the tour and be sure to enter to win!

Please leave a comment on this post with your email address so we can contact you.

And thank you all very much.vintage design elements

Murder and Mayhem Blog Tour

June 1: It’s About The Book (http://itsaboutthebook.com/)

June 2: Love Bytes (http://lovebytesreviews.com/)

June 3: MMGoodBook Reviews (https://mmgoodbookreviews.wordpress.com/)

June 4: Mercy Celeste (https://mercyceleste.wordpress.com/)

3Chicks After Dark (http://3chicksafterdark.com/)

June 5: The Novel Approach (http://thenovelapproachreviews.com/)

Bike Book Reviews Spotlight (http://bikebookreviews.blogspot.com/)

June 6: Sinfully (http://sinfullysexybooks.blogspot.com/)

June 7: The Blogger Girls (http://thebloggergirls.com/)

June 8: Prism Alliance (http://www.prismbookalliance.com/)

June 9: Joyfully Jay (http://joyfullyjay.com/)

43 comments:

  1. Poor Charlie! I'm sure she was enjoying herself before it happened.
    This book tour is different. It's fun. Thank you!
    susanaperez7140(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished Murder and Mayhem. Definitely another hit. Fell in love with Rook, Dante, Archie and Hank.
    ineztey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas another poor victim now it's Charlie turn!! Love the tour and the little pictures.

    ShirleyAnn(at)speakman40(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least Charlie seems to have had a blast before her demise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plane picture is awesome. Poor Charlie.

    Waxapplelover (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. *cackles* I'll be back!

    Thanks for killing me so sweetly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog tour has been a lot of fun! It's been a hoot to see who is going to bite the dust next!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog tour has been a lot of fun! It's been a hoot to see who is going to bite the dust next!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been fun with this blog tour. Poor Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just the name of the series, Murder and Mayhem, tells me this is for me. I love mysteries and suspense and especially sexy detectives.

    acm05atjuno.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Charlie. I'm really enjoying this blog tour! amaquilante(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this tour - poor, poor Charlie though! Is no one safe from you??

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm still with murder one in the book! Loving the blog tour.
    younela48@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Rhys’ books and am enjoying the blog tour! I recently sat and read the whole Cole McGinnis series one after the other. The little character cartoons of the authors are adorable. I hated knowing that I was getting to the end of the last one, I wanted it to go on and on. I can’t wait to get a hold of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the picture but was probably a fun way to go before you know..

    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so creative. I'm glad all of your blogs tours are really interactive.

    allesonl at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great book tour.

    bones_mcp@yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am beyond excited for this book!!! diversereader (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved the book. Dejamew@centurylink.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh - that is a scary way to go for those of us with a fear of heights! Thanks for the post and the review.

    jen(dot)f(at)mac(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Huge fan!! Already on my wish list! Count me in for the giveaway--- thanks!


    Jennifer.avidan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a unique idea for a blog tour...I look forward to seeing who your other 'victims' are!

    elewkf1 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Poor Charlie! I can't wait to see who is next.

    jczlapin(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. loving this tour! lol
    you're so mean to your author friends

    leetee2007(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Currently reading M & M! Loving it!
    oceanakers @ aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, poor Charlie. It's a long way down.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, poor Charlie. It's a long way down.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Poor Charlie indeed. I have some flights booked later this year, you know...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i am enjoying the book so much! trinielf82@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Can't wait to listen to these new characters! ptkat@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the tour. I'm only about 1/2 way through the book - had hoped to finish it today but haven't even had a chance to open it. I'm loving it so far. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love this tour. As usual, Rhys, you have the most creative tours! Thank you for all of your effort!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Read this book over the weekend - it was a wonderful way to spend the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I thought of Snoopy as the Red Baron....

    ReplyDelete
  36. Poor Charlie, I think she went wing riding and the pilot (the serial killer) parachuted out, how dastardly. I wonder if Charlie will include wing riders or walkers in one of her future historical tales? This is turning out to be a fun tour and book promo, but all those poor authors and the dire end planned for them by Rhys! Thank you for the giveaway. slholland22 {at} gmail {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sheer thought of wing walkers makes my knees go wobbly!

      Delete