Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Charlie Cochet’s Men & Mischief Monthly Author Column

M & M 1

Hello all! Thank you so much for joining me for another episode of Men & Mischief! Today I’m chatting about our favorite pairings in romance.

FF_Divider_Pink

The Imperfect Pair

Ever since I can remember, I’ve been drawing and writing. When I was little, I loved my Crayola crayons. From an early age, I’d organize them by hue. Yep, I was one of those weirdly organized kids who later turned into one of those weirdly organized grown-ups. I used to come up with my own characters, name them, and make up little stories for them. As I got older, my characters became more complex. I loved getting these characters I’d created together, watching them fight the odds and fall in love.

For those familiar with my books it’s probably no surprise to you that my stories are very character driven. No matter how large the cast (and we all know how much I love large casts), I always try to make each character unique, with their own voice, quirks, histories. Somehow these two unique characters have to find a way to their happily ever after because in my books my fellas always get their happily ever after.

Romance is filled with tropes we love and those we’re not so crazy about. Every reader has their favorite pairings. I love creating the dynamics between certain types of characters. We have the geek, the jock, the best friend, the Alpha, the anti-hero, the jaded detective, the virgin, the boy next door, the charmer, the bad boy, the professor, the warrior, and the list goes on.

I admit I’m a sucker for all of these. The fun part is pairing them up. The more imperfect the pair the better. In the THIRDS series we have several different types of pairings. We have our alpha Sloane and the charmer Dex. Cael, the sweet geek, and Ash the gruff almost anti-hero warrior. Calvin and Hobbs, the best friends. Austen, the bad boy, and Zach, the boy next door. Hudson, the professor, and Seb, the Alpha. Each one has their own voice and personality, their own baggage or personal tragedy. They say opposites attract, but once we get past the initial intrigue and lust, these guys also have to function as a couple.

For example, Sloane and Ash are best friends. They’re similar in many ways, yet Sloane loves Dex and all his oddball quarks, whereas they annoy the every living heck out of Ash. Dex and Ash would never make it as a couple. Ash would no doubt end up pushing Dex off the Brooklyn Bridge.

I love watching these different pairings fall in love, seeing how their relationships change, and how it changes them. Their imperfections draw them together, but what about what happens next? What happens after the happily ever after? There’s so much to consider when bringing these guys together, and the excitement never wanes.

What are your favorite romantic pairings? Is there a pairing you wish you could see more of?

FF_Divider_Pink

 

Meet Charlie Cochet


Charlie_Cochet_by_madison_parker150
Charlie Cochet is an author by day and artist by night. Always quick to succumb to the whispers of her wayward muse, no star is out of reach when following her passion. From Historical to Fantasy, Contemporary to Science Fiction, there’s bound to be plenty of mischief for her heroes to find themselves in, and plenty of romance, too!

Currently residing in South Florida, Charlie looks forward to migrating to a land where the weather includes seasons other than hot, hotter, and boy, it’s hot! When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found reading, drawing, or watching movies. She runs on coffee, thrives on music, and loves to hear from readers.

WEBSITE | THIRDS HQ | FACEBOOK | FACEBOOK AUTHOR PAGE | TWITTER |PINTEREST | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM | CHARLIE'S NEWSLETTER

CHARLIE’S AMAZON PAGE

FF_Divider_Pink

Giveaway

Each week, on our Wednesday Author Column posts we will gift to one lucky commenter answering the author question, a Kindle eBook from your TBR list.

Good Luck!

24 comments:

  1. Great post, Charlie! I must recognise my favourite pairing is any sort of opposites falling for each other... I always thought opposites attract, and if it involves an enemies to lovers relationship... well that's something I cannot resist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, enemies to lovers are high on the list. I love boys bickering, arguing, and literally, fighting.
    The couple's chemistry is most important, and if each guy's character and voice speak to me, charm me, then I'm good with whatever trope you throw my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the quiet vs exuberant pairing, kind of like Sloane & Dex, and the shy/less experienced vs Alpha... I just need both of the heroes to have some spine and a talent for repartee!
    foebz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first, my favorite was Jacky and Chance from the Auspicious troubles of love series (would love to read about the corset incident the guys keep talking about in book 2) and Harlan and Nathan from the Fallen Rose series (that crazy couple, lol. It would also be interesting to read about Edward meeting with Jacky), but when I read THIRDS, I had a hard time choosing one pair. Dex and Sloane are a given, but who would've thought the gruff Ash (who has a knack for scaring kids and grannies) would like sweet and geeky Cael?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratultions Naoki! ~ You are our lucky winner of our monthly author column by Charlie Cochet and may choose any M/M Kindle ebook from your TBR list. Just send an email to me at sinfullysexybookreviews@gmail.com telling which book you would like and I'll gift it to you from our Amazon.com account.

      Happy reading!

      Mark

      Delete
  5. I love the jock/geek type pairings - something so satisfying about opposites attracting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the piece , easy question.... Dex and Sloan... My fav. But need more of Ash and Cael that would be awesome. And Hobbs and Eithan. Just all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love so many different pairings that I don't think I can pick a favorite. My favorite element is characters with flaws that they think no one could/would love. Then they meet someone who loves them, not despite the flaws but because of them. Melts my heart every time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all kinds of different pairings, but my favorites are where the the two people are partially opposites but not completely. I also love it when they help each other overcome some kind of difficulty.

    Thanks for another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely a sucker for the geek/jock pairing, something just gets to me about that one. I'm also a fan of the friends to lovers too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for a great post! I'm not sure I have a favorite type of pairing or maybe I have too many favorites! Opposites attract can be fun but the pair can't be too opposite or it just won't work. I also like friends to lovers and geeky heroes...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like my stories on the darker side. One pairing that's not done very often is the lawman and the criminal. If it's done well, it's really hot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm torn between the strong silent one with the outgoing feisty partner and angry brooding one with the dorky sweetheart.....pretty much any combo of them work for me. Guess I'm just more of an opposites attract kinda girl lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post. I love most pairings, and I guess my favourites are when the two MC are so opposite each other. And then I also really love 2 super alpha guys. Eh, I really like them all, just as long as they are men!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to see more of the silent geeky shy and misunderstood with someone more confident but not exactly dominant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 2 alphas trying to figure who is top dog...yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love geeks and jocks and enemies to lovers, and when one of the MCs is ''the bad boy''. But in general, I like most pairings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the best friends, the enemies to lovers, the alphas, the military men, the jock and the geek, the jock and the other jock..! Really, I pretty much love 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the great post I love a lot of different pairings. I love opposites, but two alphas getting together is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love so many, and it's always great to get a mixture of several. My favorites are age gap/difference, and jock/geek.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like a wide variety, but enemies to lovers and second chance relationships are at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a sucker for a really great love story no matter the pairing - I've read books with all different types of love interests and it all boils down to great dialogue, characterization and a memorable relationship built on trust and love with a happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! So many great pairings! You all rock! I agree it's super hard to choose just one. I always think I have a favorite, but then I think of another pairing and think that's my favorite, and it goes on. LOL

    ReplyDelete