Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Devil Will Do by Heidi Cullinan Blog Tour ~ ASK ME ANYTHING ~ Heidi & Reader Q & A

The Devil Will Do2

We have a very special treat for you today, Heidi Cullinan is camping out at Sinfully for the next 48hrs to answer ANY and ALL reader questions. Are you a fan of Heidi’s and have a burning question you would just love to ask?… well now’s your chance. Never heard of Heidi Cullinan? Want to know more about the author and the books she writes? Not quite sure if she is your kind of author?… well ask away. Take advantage of this open and honest author Q & A.

Have fun!


The Devil Will Do by Heidi Cullinan


Publisher ~ Wilde City Press

Published ~ 11th February 2015

Genre ~ M/M Romance, Fantasy, BDSM.



goodreads add to


In a land unforgiving of indulgent, dangerous sex, merchantman Eryn does his best to keep his desires in the dark…until the plight of a beautiful prince leads him out of the shadows and into adventures both sensual and terrible.
Capture, curse, and torture litter Eryn’s road to true love, along with carnal delights beyond his most wicked imaginings. His strengths and limitations are exposed—and the hard truth, that nothing holds him back more than the monster of self-loathing in his heart. Prince Wyn might be everything he’s dreamed of in a man—and master—but before Eryn can accept the exquisitely wicked affections of his one true love, he must first save himself…from himself.
This novella was originally published under the title Sweet Son and has been significantly revised.


TDWD Teaser1

Purchase Links




Heidi Cullinan: Ask Me Anything


Hello there! I’m here today to promote my recent release, The Devil Will Do, a reissue of a novella formerly known as Sweet Son. For my stop on the tour today, I’ll be here for the next forty-eight hours (give or take, allow for eating and sleeping) answering your questions. ANY questions.

Not sure who I am? Here’s my website, here’s my blog and social media page, here’s the book mentioned above.

Some appetizers if you need help getting started:

  • I’ve been writing novels on a pretty regular basis since I was twelve. I think I had seven or eight under my bed by the time I went to college. They truly are horrible, but I still have them all.
  • The Devil Will Do is a romance, sort of. There’s a HEA, there’s a love story, but there’s a WHOLE lot of fucking other people before we get there. And some sort of almost kind of dubcon. And some darker shades of something.
  • I wrote mainstream heterosexual romance (unpublished) before I wrote LGBT romance, but the gay has been leaking in since 1999.
  • I identify as bisexual, though I’m married to a man. I figured that out very, very late.
  • I’ve had health problems for the past ten years, which hopefully are on their way to resolved after surgery last year, but recovery, it is slow.
  • I write a lot of BDSM/kink, though I actually am relatively vanilla in the bedroom. Though I have been flogged. Ish.
  • I have a lot of cats. Six of them. I didn’t mean to, it just sort of happened.
  • I’m a Leo-leaning Virgo, Scorpio rising, moon in Cancer.

Ask me anything!



Three books in winner’s choice of ebook or paperback: The Devil Will Do, Miles and the Magic Flute, and Hero

a Rafflecopter giveaway


  1. Hello Heidi, thank you so much for being here with us at Sinfully for the next 48 hours. We promise to keep you supplied with coffee ;)

    I have a question for you ~ Does your husband read your books? and if so which is his favourite?

    1. He says, "Probably Love Lessons."

    2. Oh, I actually said more than this. Yes, He reads all my stuff, usually the first or one of the first. He likes to rush ahead to try to finish before other people, but he doesn't always make it.

  2. Hi Heidi, it's so great to have you here. Thanks for letting us all grill you! Brave lady! LOL.

    My question is you say you came to realise your bisexuality late in life. What finally made you decide to embrace it and was it difficult admitting it to yourself and your friends and family?

    1. Well, I haven't told EVERYBODY yet. If there are friends and family reading this, they might be finding out indirectly. If so...surprise!

      For me owning it and embracing it has been important to being true to myself. I get nervous about being public about it sometimes, worrying what people will think. I haven't had it happen yet, but I'm ready for someone to say this is some gimmick. It isn't. I've felt this way since I was a child, and I've been telling myself and everyone else it wasn't true for a long time. I remember very, very vividly looking at Penthouse spreads and reacting to the women. I had lesbian dreams in college. But always I would tamp it down. It wasn't okay, so I didn't let it out.

      That, frankly, sucks. It sucks I didn't let myself even flirt with the lesbian I couldn't stop staring at in class when I was nineteen. It sucks when I was in London at a party of lesbians I didn't even get to feel like laughing and flirting with them was freedom. So maybe forty is late to be out and proud, but I'm doing it anyway. Fuck what people think. It makes me feel good to see strong, sexy, pretty women and be attracted to them. It's as simple as being present with it. It's who I am, and if anything else, I'm too old to give a shit what everybody else thinks. This last half is for me alone.

  3. I have yet to read a book written by Heidi Cullinan, but I'd love to start with one from the giveaway prize ;-)

  4. Hi Heidi
    I've read Miles and the Magic Flute and really enjoyed it. Is paranormal BDSM your "go to" trope? (Cause I REALLY like it!!)

    1. Hmm. I do have a thing for it, I guess, when I write paranormal. Not sure what that's all about. Something to ponder.

  5. Hi Heidi! Thank you for the books you have written. My favorites are the Love Lesson series. My question is a simple one. Will there be more in the series and will there be more than the typical three?

    Thank you and I hope that you are feeling better soon.


    1. Yes, there are five for sure, maybe six, maybe...I don't know. I really love writing those guys. And girls. Book four will be Rose and Mina.

    2. And thank you for your kind words. (Sorry, I'm in answer mode...)

  6. Thank you for another post with lots of information! Did you like the flogging?

    1. I did! I had all my clothes on (was in a bar) but I would totally do that again.

  7. Love the post. Thanks for the chance to win.

    I love Family Man - the age gap, the amazing family, the GFY/OFY, the HEA. Do you always incorporate a HEA?

    1. Always, yes. Usually OTT as well. I really thought my editor or agent was going to make me tone down the end of Love Lessons, but they let it stand! I really love a good schmatlz.

  8. Thank you for post and for sharing ^^ I haven't read any of your books before. If you had to recommend one of your books to someone who has never read anything you've written before what would you pick?

    1. I actually have a whole page for that. Because it really depends.

  9. Hi Heidi, I have been one of your lurking fans for a few years and I was wondering (as I do love characters in series or sequels):

    Will there be any more stories with Adam Ellery & Denver Rogers (Dirty Laundry)? As I was sort of hoping Louisa would find some happiness as well... :)
    Same question for Vince Fierro & Trey Giles (Family Man)?
    Nowhere Ranch - I am looking forward to the new cover, but I loved the old one... maybe one day there might be a sequel?
    I am looking forward to Carry the Ocean, awesome cover and I wow, I enjoy that you write about some difficult subjects that are often overlooked in fiction but are part of so many peoples lives and with a positive outlook, thank you :)

    I better stop there, thank you again I really enjoy reading your books

    1. Hi, Sula! Thank you. <3

      Probably not any more Tucker Springs for me in the near future, or Family Man. Nowhere Ranch was possibly going to have a sequel, but I can't make it work, so unfortunately I'm a no there as well. I have several other series, though, even Carry the Ocean which wasn't meant to be a series but ended up as one anyway. Series get hard to maintain. If I sat down and wrote them all in one big line, it might be different, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way for me. With the series I have I'm currently booked into 2017. So I'm putting the brakes on new franchises here for a bit.

  10. Hi Heidi,

    I must admit to my crying shame I haven't yet read one of your books. *hangs head* My question is which book or books would you recommend as an author to a Heidi Cullinan newbie and why? As for me? Well I'm an English teacher by profession and a hopeless romantic at heart, so maybe that might help you to narrow the field a little :-) Thank you

    1. Well, normally I share the link like I did above, but for you, Mark, I'd say Love Lessons. And no shame. In fact, because that book is dedicated to an English teacher, my favorite college professor, if you email me and tell me your format, I'll give it to you for free. Call it your gateway drug.

  11. Thank you for having me, guys! I'm signing off so I can go finish another book for you this weekend, but if you have more questions, I'm still checking my Goodreads account question box for another few days or so. Also, if you aren't signed up for my newsletter, I would do that really fast. Like before the end of the day tomorrow. I'm about to send out a new one, and it will absolutely contain a contest you probably want to enter.