Thursday, January 22, 2015

What’s in a Name by Pat Henshaw

71YY47MIFCL._SL1350_

Title ~ What’s in a Name

Author ~ Pat Henshaw

Publisher ~ Dreamspinner Press

Published ~ 21st January 2015

Genre ~ Contemporary M/M Romance

Rating

1c1c1c1c1c

goodreads add to

Synopsis

Barista Jimmy Patterson thinks it's a good idea to get rip-roaring drunk on his birthday after he’s dumped by his boyfriend. When the burly owner of Stonewall’s Bar rescues Jimmy, the night starts to look up.
Now Jimmy just wants to know the bartender's first name since he's worn a different name tag every time Jimmy's seen him. "Guy" Stone gives Jimmy seven guesses, one for each night he takes Jimmy out on a date.
While Jimmy’s trying to come up with his name, he's distracted by the destruction of his coffee shop and what looks more and more like a hate crime.

Liza’s Review

Poor Jimmy. Dumped by his boyfriend on his birthday, drinking to drown his sorrows and all he wants to know is the bartender’s real name. Apparently the bear of a man wore different name tags all the time and on that particular night Jimmy just wanted to know something real.

Bartender Alex, A2 to me, was a real cutie - a bear, a bear wearing a black leather vest and a scowl, acting all like he didn't want to serve anyone, even harmless old me. He had a really bad attitude going tonight, which didn't make my heartache any lighter.

A2/Big Guy/ whatever his name is, is the sweetest, nicest and most protective person I have read about outside of a shifter story. He doesn't cook, he doesn't like to clean up, although he owns a bar. But he knows what to do in a crisis and he seems to adore Jimmy. Which Jimmy seriously needs. The two men come up with a challenge. Jimmy has seven days to work out what the man's name is, and if Jimmy guesses it correctly then "the man" will buy him a motorcycle and teach him how to ride it. Jimmy is in, boots and all.

I loved Guy. I’d been fragile a week ago, and in his no nonsense way, he’d picked me up, dusted me off, and helped me to man up. He’d supported me without hounding or even asking for anything in return.

This is a sweet story, with a bit of action thrown in. There’s an evil ex, a town council enforcer with a hatred of gays, and some rocking wives who absolutely adore Jimmy and his coffee shop. They all combine to make a stunning story that is quite detailed given the length of the book. The sex all happens off page and I have to admit I am one of those readers who actually prefer it on the page - in detail. I would have also liked to have heard Guy’s viewpoint, as the book is written from Jimmy’s, but Guy’s actions often spoke louder than words throughout the book. However the witty dialogue, the fun these two men have, the way they connected, and Guy’s ability to pull out some awesome dates was all so perfect and written so well. And yes, we did get to find out what the bartender’s name was and boy, I can totally understand why he kept that a secret. This book is tucked away in my favorites to pull out when I need to remember than love can happen for all of us if we look in the right place.

Favorite quote: [The guy, to Jimmy]

"But you know, you're the cutest, nicest, just best reason for a hard-on I've ever known."

 

Buy it Here

DreamspinnerPress

AMAZON GLOBAL LINK

divider-grey

Connect with the Author

 FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment