Monday, November 03, 2014

NOCTE by Courtney Cole ~ Release Day Review

NOCTE-cover-600px

Title: NOCTE (Nocte Trilogy. #1)

Author: Courtney Cole

Genre: New Adult Dark Romance Psychological Suspense

Release Date: November 3 2014

Rating:

4.5 stars

Synopsis

My name is Calla Price. I’m eighteen years old, and I’m one half of a whole. My other half--my twin brother, my Finn--is crazy.

I love him. More than life, more than anything. And even though I’m terrified he’ll suck me down with him, no one can save him but me.

I’m doing all I can to stay afloat in a sea of insanity, but I’m drowning more and more each day. So I reach out for a lifeline.

Dare DuBray.

He’s my savior and my anti-Christ. His arms are where I feel safe, where I’m afraid, where I belong, where I’m lost. He will heal me, break me, love me and hate me.

He has the power to destroy me.

Maybe that’s ok. Because I can’t seem to save Finn and love Dare without everyone getting hurt.

Why? Because of a secret.

A secret I’m so busy trying to figure out, that I never see it coming.

You won’t either.

Lorie’s Review

 

DO NOT MISS THIS ONE! If you love a story that will keep you guessing and leave your head spinning by the end, this is definitely one for you. NOCTE is shrouded in mystery and secrets you never knew were hidden.

I’ll be honest. I was a bit scared reading this. It’s eerie and sent chills down my spine. Courtney Cole paints a picture so descriptive and moody it adds to the aura surrounding the story. I felt as if I was experiencing this story and not merely reading it. This book consumed me. It’s utterly intriguing and next to impossible to put down. I’m not even sure the last time I was caught up in a book the way I was with NOCTE. Yes, I’ve been captured by other books, but the spell NOCTE put on me is next to indescribable…it’s almost hypnotizing.

Just the tone and atmosphere surrounding the story sent an uneasy feeling to follow me the entire time I was reading. I was unsure of what to believe and was questioning everything. I found myself reading into certain things out of sheer paranoia. This story will send your mind in a million different directions trying to figure it out. I felt like I was trying to piece together a puzzle that I would never figure out. It’s a bit like being in a funhouse – you can’t tell what’s real and what’s just an illusion. You’ll think you’re the crazy one by the end.

The writing is descriptive and amazing. I’ve never read a Stephen King novel (I’ve only watched the films), but I would imagine reading NOCTE is similar to reading Stephen King. Now you’re probably asking yourself is this a horror story? No, yes, not really…I really don’t know. Suffice it to say the genre listing really describes this one well: New Adult Dark Romance Psychological Suspense.

So…. Am I going to mention anything about the story itself? Absolutely not. Not even a single quote. Why? Because you don’t want to know. Believe me, it is better that way. When I received NOCTE, all I had was the author’s note about how the genesis of the story. No blurb, no teasers…nothing. And, I am so glad for that. I didn’t look at a single teaser until after I finished the book. And, I must say they are creepy and perfectly fit the story. But, I’m still glad I didn’t look until after I was done reading. I seriously feel, no I know for a fact, I enjoyed this a thousand times more because I knew absolutely nothing about it. The launch of this book had an air of mystery and secrecy surrounding it, and honestly not knowing a single thing about it added to the experience and made this book an absolutely PHENOMENAL read for me.

So the big question is: is this book worth all the hype? YES, YES, YES, a thousand times over, YES! It’s a ‘drop what you’re reading now’ kind of book. But, be prepared to lock yourself away for the duration. Once you dive in, you won’t want to come up for air until the very end.

I absolutely cannot wait for Verum, book 2, which is due out February 2015. Book 2??? Yes, there is another book coming. The story is by no means complete. Is it a cliffhanger? I guess I’m not a good person to label cliffhangers because (1.) they don’t necessarily bother me and (2.) I have considered something to not be a cliffhanger before and was crushed in the voting. Let’s just say, there’s secrets yet to uncover and a whole lot of questions to be answered. February can’t come soon enough for me.

 

NOCTE BUY LINKS

AMAZON: http://smarturl.it/NOCTEAmazon

iBOOKS: http://smarturl.it/NOCTEiBooks

BN: http://smarturl.it/NOCTEBN

KOBO: http://smarturl.it/NOCTEKobo

COURTNEY COLE LINKS

Website: http://www.courtneycolewrites.com

Newsletter: http://smarturl.it/CourtneyColeEmail

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Courtney-Cole-Author/172246529496995

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Court_Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment