Wednesday, September 24, 2014

More Than Anything by T.T. Kove ~ Guest Post & Exclusive Excerpt

We are delighted to welcome a new author to the blog.  T.T Kove has popped in to talk about More than Anything, her new novel released today, plus we have an exclusive excerpt for you to have a nosy at.

More than Anything by T.T. Kove

MoreThanAnything

Title ~ More than Anything

Author ~ T.T. Kove

Publisher ~ Less Than Three Press

Published ~ 24th September 2014

Genre ~ M/M Contemporary Romance

goodreads add to

Synopsis

Arriving home after work one evening, Jørgen sees a young man who looks adrift and out of place—and who promptly has a seizure on the sidewalk. Jørgen takes care of him until the seizure passes and then, not knowing who to contact, takes care of him for the night. After giving the kid, Geir, a ride home the next morning, he expects that to be the end of it.
He doesn't expect Geir to be a student at the vocational school where Jørgen works as an electrician. He definitely does not expect to be drawn to Geir time and again, to want things that will never be possible for two people with more obstacles between them than can ever be overcome.

Buy It Here

logo200

AMAZON GLOBAL LINK

1b

 

Falling For An Underage Character

At the start of the book, Geir is only sixteen years old whereas Jørgen is twenty-two. In Norway, age of consent is sixteen. You’re allowed to have sex as kids at sixteen, but you’re not allowed to get your driver’s licence or buy alcohol until you’re of age at eighteen. Doesn’t quite make sense, if you ask me, but there you have it.

I was worried about writing such a young character, worrying the readers wouldn’t like it. But it was Geir’s age, and this is where their story starts, so it happened. I wrote like possessed, knocking the book out in no-time. Jørgen and Geir both had so much to tell. Their story is a long one, a 100K, and they take their time.

I think this is why the underage factor works. Because they take their time. Their relationship doesn’t happen instantly, because they both have issues. Jørgen the biggest ones, but Geir has his too. He turns seventeen quickly, and that’s when things start to develop.

I didn’t have a problem with Geir’s young age. But then I’ve grown up with age sixteen as the age of consent. But this is a slow burn book, so I hope readers won’t mind. Take note of the word time. It takes time, they take their time. They don’t jump right into bed, because their issues are so much greater than that and they need to work them out before their relationship can even think about progress.

And if you’re worried about no explicit content, worry no more. Geir does turn eighteen in the book. *wink wink*

1b

 

Exclusive Excerpt

I strode up to the door and rang the bell before I could let my nerves get the better of me. I buried my hands in my jacket pockets because I'd forgotten to bring gloves when I'd left home—I'd been too nervous to even think about it.

The door opened in front of me and Jørgen stood there, illuminated by the light inside the flat. I looked up at him, completely mesmerised by the sight of him. I couldn't tell what he thought about seeing me, because he was always so expressionless.

"Hi." The words came out no louder than a whisper. I cleared my throat.

"Hi." Jørgen's pale blue eyes were locked on me, and I swallowed nervously. How could I possibly get anything coherent out when he was staring at me? He made me weak in the knees by just being in my vicinity, and having his complete focus on me caused my stomach to start doing somersaults.

"I was wondering..." I didn't know how to phrase my question. I hadn't really thought that far. I wish I had. "Wouldyouliketogotothecinemawithme?"

Jørgen continued to stare at me for a moment. I could see his jaw clenching, and my chest tightened painfully. Suddenly, emotions were welling up and I was fighting tears again, just like earlier in school.

"Please don't say no." I wasn't above begging. I really wasn't. "Please, Jørgen. I just want a mate." I wouldn't touch him; I wouldn't do anything to make him back away from me, not if he wanted me around. All I wanted was a friend. I'd give anything to have just one friend. If Jørgen couldn't be anything else, I hoped he at least could be that.

teaser02

1b

 

About the Author

T.T. Kove has been writing stories since she knew how to, though they did not always involve gay boys as they now do. Now she also occasionally writes about gay girls. A fantasy setting is the current obsession, but T.T. also writes contemporary romances—some of them quite erotic.

A native of Norway, T.T. loves the country—in fiction. In real life, she wishes it could be warmer. T.T. works a regular job by day, and spends the rest of her time writing. Her iPad is her best friend, and it travels with her everywhere she goes, but at home the Mac rules the house.

If you have any comments, questions or other feedback, you can contact T. T. at ttkove@gmail.com.

TWITTER | FACEBOOK | WEBSITE | GOODREADS

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me! :-) I really enjoy your blog and it's an honoured to be hosted on here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked the concept and excerpt. Adding to list .
    cvsimpkins@msn.com

    ReplyDelete