Monday, August 04, 2014

Rogue by Katy Evans ~ New Review

rogue

Title: Rogue (Real, #4)

Author: Katy Evans

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Release Date: August 4 2014

Rating:

4.5 stars

add to gr

Synopsis

The fourth story in the new adult series that began with the New York Times bestseller Real, featuring Brooke's best friend, Melanie, and the ROGUE she can't resist.
Greyson King...
My boyfriend. My friend. My protector. He's the reason I wake up every morning with a smile on my face, and the reason I fall asleep limp, worn out, and aching for his warm arms around me. When we make love, he says my name like it means something. Like I mean something.
He
Lied.
His name is Greyson King, but his alias is Zero.
There's zero trace of him, he has zero past, and now I know that with him, I will have zero future.
He may leave no trace of him anywhere, but his imprint is in me, in my very soul--and I hate that a mere look at him commands the beat of my heart. The temperature of my body.
I've looked for love my entire life. I've waited for the butterflies, the rainbows...
Instead I'm in a free fall of emotions and there's no one to catch me but the one man I should be running away from. The one man I thought was my prince charming.
Except this prince charming went rogue.
Greyson will stop at nothing to make me be with him. He'll let no one stand in our way, will allow no one to threaten me, and maybe this is what scares me most of all...
What will my rogue do to keep me?

 

Becs’ Review

rogue casting

Rogue is book 4 in the Real series.  The first 3 books centred on Brooke and her relationship with Remy and Rogue is the story of Brooke’s best friend, Melanie and Greyson King.  While it does work perfectly well as a standalone, it does of course contain mild spoilers for Remy and Brooke’s story.

 

Brooke said you were my Real. That’s what she calls the love of her life now. But you are not my Real, Greyson. You’re my knight in leather gloves who went rogue.

 

Real by Katy Evans was the top book of 2013 for me and Remy one of my top book boyfriends of all time.  Katy Evans sure knows how to deliver powerfully intense but seriously fucked up heroes and Greyson ‘Rogue’ King is cut from the same cloth as Remy – he’s fiercely protective, possessive and he’s also got some pretty shady secrets to hide and he’s singularly focused on his girl, Melanie, knows he wants her and will go all out to ensure that she’s safe from the threat he and his organisation pose for her.

 

She’s that one precious diamond every robber wants to steal, that kitten every dog wants to chase, the mare you want to ride, bridle and tame—but not completely. Oh, no, not all the time because her wildness excites you. Her wildness makes you wilder. Her wildness makes you fucking ravenous

 

Greyson is the heir apparent to The Underground –  the organisation behind the underground fighting circuit that Remy stars in and they are loan sharks extraordinaire and hold no prisoners when it comes to calling in a debt.  Greyson has, for a long time, wanted no part in this shady organisation but his father has something over him, something he took from him a long time ago that he values highly and, to get it back, he must take care of all the debtors on the list and Melanie is right there, right at the top.

 

Unbeknown to us she had bet on the fight that Remy threw thinking it a sure thing and finds herself seriously in debt with no way to pay it back.  The Underground has been putting the heat on her and now they have passed her debt over to Greyson King to collect.  Greyson has been watching Melanie since she first started jumping up and down, screaming Remy’s name right next to Brooke.  He’s been completely enthralled by her and has forbidden anyone from going near her.  She’s become irresistible to him and he craves her desperately even though he knows that he is the worst thing that could possibly ever happen to her.

 

GREYSON QUOTE

 

Up until now, Melanie has always appeared to be an all out party girl – bubbly, vivacious, loyal. We had no inkling that she was up to her eyeballs in debt and absolutely no idea just how lonely she is.  She’s stunningly beautiful, no wonder Greyson finds her irresistible, but yet she’s never been able to find ‘the one’ although she’s worked her way through a series of very forgettable one night stands.  She sees the way that Brooke looks at Remy with 100% focus and absolute love and affection and really wants to find that for herself.  She’s looking for someone to love and be loved by – something really special.  She wants her ‘real’.

 

melanie quotey

 

Greyson steps in to help her one night as she’s left her Mustang hoodless in the rain and sees her home safe but can’t resist spending the night with her, despite his better judgement.  They spend one perfect night together but Greyson has to keep on the move and leaves her to stew.  I think it’s fair to say that Greyson sends Melanie from ecstatic highs to lows she thinks she can never climb out of. He treats her like a princess when he’s with her but she’s never really sure where she stands, where he is and when, if ever, he’s coming back to her.  Greyson for his part knows he should stay away, he definitely considers himself to be no good for her, but Melanie makes him feel human and loved and makes him feel like a real man, not a robot, a hired killer.  She makes him feel real.

 

greyson quotey

 

Despite the fact that Greyson is keeping massive secrets from Melanie and she, for her part, thinks she is keeping secrets from him, she has never felt safer than when she’s in his arms.  He’s possessive, protective and they share an irresistible, unprecedented magnetism and she makes him feels emotions that he never intended to feel, never wanted to feel, never expected to feel and yet he finds something good and pure in her that he’s never experienced before and he doesn’t want to corrupt her and expose her to the corruption of his lifestyle.  He exists in a world consumed by darkness and evil and she’s like a blinding light to him, brightening his shady existence.

 

This was such a pulsating, compelling story that I devoured this is less than 24 hours – it was nigh on impossible to put down as I could see their worlds on a collision course and knew that there were going to be difficult times for these two ahead.  Never has a central couple in a novel seemed more right for each and yet so wrong.  As always with Katy Evans you get red hot, super-combustible sex scenes and Melanie and Greyson, at first, connect intensely on a physical level so HOT it’ll have you reaching for the air-conditioning.  There’s a strong sense of urgency to these scenes, neither of them are ever sure it will happen again and they take as much as they possibly can from one another while they have the chance.  The depth of their feelings for one another is palpable and their intense connections radiates off the pages  and you can definitely expect a thrilling, pulsating conclusion to their story.

 

We only get to see a little of Brooke and Remy but what you do get will seriously warm your heart.  Remy is still staring at Brooke like she hangs the moon and wait until you see him with his son.  *sigh*.  The next book in the series will feature the gothic Pandora and I will be very interested to see what Katy Evans can do with her.  We know she’s been hurt but, to date, she comes across as bitter and twisted.  Can’t wait!

 

Another thrilling, erotic romance from Katy Evans

 

4.5 intense stars

 

Series Reading Order

1. Real

Buy From Amazon | Read our Review | Add to Goodreads

2. Mine

Buy From Amazon | Read our Review | Add to Goodreads

3. Remy

Buy From Amazon | Read our Review | Add to Goodreads

4. Rogue

Buy From Amazon | Add to Goodreads

5. Ripped 

due for release Dec 9th

Buy From Amazon | Add to Goodreads

 

Author Bio

 

I’m Katy Evans, and I’m happily married and live with my husband, two children, and three dogs, and I spend my time baking, walking, writing, reading, and taking care of my family. I’m so honored and grateful for the time you’ve spent with my beloved characters and me. Since the release of REAL, it’s because of you and your incredible support that I’ve been able to watch my dearest, wildest writing dreams come true. I hope you enjoyed Greyson and Melanie’s story as much as I did, and I can’t wait for the next REAL series release! Coming up is Pandora’s story, RIPPED, and it will be available soon from Gallery Books.

If you enjoy my books and would like to leave a review, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with others. I love all my readers, and I love hearing from you too.

You can find me at:

Website: www.katyevans.net
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AuthorKatyEvans/521052267929550
Twitter:https://twitter.com/authorkatyevans
E-mail: authorkatyevans@gmail.com

Happy reading and stay real!

No comments:

Post a Comment