Monday, August 25, 2014

Reasonable Doubt: Volume 3 by Whitney G ~ Pre-Release Review

reasonalbe doubt 3

Title:Reasonable Doubt: Volume 3

Author: Whitney G

Genre: Erotic Romance

Release Date: August 26 2014

Rating:

4 stars

add to gr

Synopsis

I hate him...
I hate that I fell in love with him, I hate that he didn't love me back, and I hate the fact that I just made a life-altering decision just so I could get the hell away from him.
He'd always said that he was unchangeable, heartless, and cold...
I really should've believed him...
**Final book in the Reasonable Doubt series...**

Lorie’s Review

One sitting… that’s all it took. I ABSOLUTLEY DEVOURED THIS!

I was torn – on one hand I wanted to flip pages as humanly possible to find out if Andrew redeems himself; on the other, slow was a great option because I knew the turn of the last page would signal the end of Andrew and Aubrey’s obsessive story. I opted for fast. I couldn’t help it. I sat down to read and didn’t come up for air until the very last word.

The Reasonable Doubt series was fabulous right out of the starting gate with the very first episode. Based on one rule – One dinner. One night. No repeats – each episode just became more addicting. RD3 closes out this sexy romp through the affairs of the guy with one rule and the girl who is unknowingly about to challenge it. Loose ends are tied up, questions are answered, and surprises are plentiful in this final look at just how thin the line between a lie and the truth can be.

“Everything we had was built on lies…”

*****

“Lie about one thing, lie about it all right?” She pushed me again. “You’re still the biggest liar between the two of us. Lying by omission is still lying.”

RD3 picks up a few weeks after Andrew inexplicably throws Aubrey out of his condo. They’re both back at work, and the hostility level and loathing is at an all-time high. Aubrey’s done being Andrew’s punching bag and finally decides to do what she should have all along. Her decision changes the course of their relationship dramatically and their future hinges on Andrew’s counter move. Can the mess that somewhat resembled a relationship be salvaged or have they passed the point of no return?

“You would have to beg met to take you back, Andrew. Fucking beg me…”

First off, I have to say that it was nice to see that with everything that happens, Andrew never once lost his "edge" – it may have looked to be taking a vacation, but that’s the beauty of Whitney G’s storytelling abilities. Andrew’s hallmark crudeness and dirty talk are what drive the series so it’s a relief to see none of that was lost. Whitney kept Andrew a proud card carrying member of The Utter and Complete Asshole club. It's what makes him the flame to Aubrey's moth, and Andrew surely does not disappoint this time around.
I’ve always had a soft spot for Aubrey and felt for her when Andrew was less than nice, not to mention the fact that her parents are front runners for the Parents of the Year award. But, this time I actually shed a tear. I don’t know how someone can take all of that and come out better on the other end. But, Aubrey is one fierce and formidable heroine. This story wouldn’t have been as amazing as it is without Aubrey being the strong and mature woman that she is.

Once again, the dialogue is clever and sharp. It's just one of the many things that make this entire series so addicting and thoroughly enjoyable. Dialogue is the cornerstone to Aubrey and Andrew’s entire relationship. They go head-to-head and equally contribute to the strength of the story. The writing style and level of maturity also make this one very attractive series.

I would have been okay stretching or building out certain parts forcing a fourth book into the series. Maybe a part of me is just selfish because I didn’t want the series to end, but I would have enjoyed delving into certain parts of Aubrey and Andrew’s relationship more. With all of the things needing tied up, I really would have liked a slower conclusion especially with how this one wrapped up. The Epilogue was perfect and stayed true to who Andrew and Aubrey are. I’m sad it’s over, but I am happy with where the story ended. Personally, I don’t want to know what happens after the Epilogue. What I would like is novella or another book that bridges the end of RD3 and the Epilogue or a span of time during RD3. I prefer not to mention the exact timeframe as once you read it, you’ll know exactly what I’m referring to.

Overall, Whitney G. has crafted an amazing series that I won’t soon forget. This is definitely one for my ‘favorites’ shelf. Reasonable Doubt is an absolute MUST READ series! It's a racy, fun, full of surprises tale you won't want to miss!

 

Reasonable Doubt Series

Volume 1

Add to Goodreads | Buy From amazon

Volume 2

Add to Goodreads | Buy From Amazon

Volume 3

Add to Goodreads

 

Connect With The Author

 Facebook  Goodreads  Pinterest. Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment