Sunday, July 20, 2014

Fallen by Callie Hart ~ New Review

fallen callie hart

Title: Fallen (Blood & Roses, #4)

Author: Callie Hart

Genre:  Dark Erotic Romance

Release Date: July 8, 2014

Rating:

4.5 stars

add to gr

Synopsis

Sloane
For over two years, Sloane Romera has pinned everything on finding Alexis. Life was going to get better. Easier. Happier. The nightmare of having a missing sister was supposed to end, and everything was supposed to go back to normal.
However, now that she’s found her sister, Sloane is discovering that life has a way of ridiculing what we expect of it.
Nothing is easier.
And ‘normal’ is falling for a man who might never be able to feel the same way.
***
Zeth
A lengthy history of breaking things with his fists has given Zeth Mayfair a fairly good idea of how to get his own way. But when his goal, the one, single woman on the face of the planet that he’s truly ever wanted, can only be obtained by fixing things instead of destroying them, how can he adjust a lifetime of violence in order to make her his once and for all? And how can he make sure that she is safe?
The first part is going to take time. But the second part…
The second part is easy.
He must kill Charlie Holsan.

burn spoiler

 

Lorie’s Review

 

If you haven't been reading Callie Hart's Blood and Roses serial... WHY NOT????? This is like bookworm crack! I am seriously salivating and chomping at the bit between releases. I really can't get enough of this serial. I have turned into a stalker hunting down the next episode. I'm not crazy, I just have an unnatural obsession with Zeth Mayfair.

Every time I read an episode, I say it’s my favorite. But I honestly think Fallen IS my favorite to date. This one is different and in a very good way. This book showcases the turning point for Zeth and Sloan. They are running out of time. No more dancing around feelings. It's do or die .... the reason that threw them together is no longer present and time is at a premium now. I was furiously flipping pages dying to see who was going to give in first in the ‘disclosing of feelings’ department. Thanks to the dual POVs, it’s no secret that Zeth and Sloan have feeling for one another; it’s just that neither has ever said it out loud before (or within earshot of the other). If it’s said out loud it becomes real. And shit just got real in this episode.

“I don’t lie to anyone. I will certainly never lie to you, Sloan, but I will lie for you. Only you.”

***

“You see, once you open up your heart to one person, Zeth… it’s so much easier for others to slip in unnoticed, too.”

Zeth! I think I fell a little more in love with you! Who knew that underneath that rough and stoic facade lays a genuine and utterly caring man? With intelligence and insight into human feelings to boot!?! So what’s the big deal about Zeth? When I think about why Zeth is so appealing and addictive, Sloane describes it best…….

“I’ve been drawn to him for the sex. I’ve been drawn to him for the power he exudes. Hell, I’ve been drawn to him for his arrogance and his sheer cockiness, which is infuriatingly attractive…. the weaker side to this man, who seems so indestructible, is the reason why I’ve felt myself tumbling, falling, and sliding down some frightening unnameable slope.”

You need more than just sexy, scotching hot sex scenes in your arsenal to make a fabulous book. I can always count on Callie for fabulous dialogue – that includes internal dialogue too – not to mention the strong characters, solid storyline, incredible writing, and her talent for throwing in I-didn't-see-that-coming moments just at the right time. I love that Callie doesn't hold back. It's no holds barred, and it is REAL! There’s no sugar coating or watering down the world Zeth lives in.

I think Callie has literally found the perfect recipe for creating the most addictive and captivating serial around. Plus I absolutely positively love serials, and if you want me begging even more.... throw in a cliffhanger at the end of each episode. Call me crazy, but I love the anticipation of what’s to come (as long as you don't make me wait a year for the next book).

Speaking of endings…….OMG. I absolutely loved this one!!!!! I can’t decide if I’m in love more with Zeth Mayfair or Callie Hart for creating him.

 

FRACTURE QUOTEY

 

Series Reading Order

1. Deviant  FREE From Amazon | Read our Review

2. Fracture Buy From Amazon | Read our Review

3. Burn Buy From Amazon | Read our Review

4, Fallen Buy From Amazon

 

Connect with the Author

Facebook | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment