Thursday, March 27, 2014

Uncovering You by Scarlett Edwards ~ Release Day Review

uncovering you

Title: Uncovering You

Author: Scarlett Edwards

Genre:  Adult Contemporary Romance

Release Date: March 27, 2014

goodreads-badge-add-plus grey

 

Synopsis

When I wake up in a dark, unfamiliar room, I have no idea what's waiting for me in the shadows. My imagination conjures up demons of the worst kind.


Reality is much worse:
A collar with no leash. A prison with no walls. And a life stripped of meaning.


I am presented with a vile contract and asked to sign. It outlines the terms of my servitude. The only information I have about my captor are the two small letters inked at the bottom:
J.S.


Armed with only my memories, I must do everything I can to avoid becoming ensnared in his twisted mind games. But in the end, it all comes down to one choice:
Resist and die.
Or submit, and sign my life away.

 

 

Lisa’s Review

 

4 Stars

clip_image002

Uncovering You (Part One: The Contract) by Scarlett Edwards is the first installment in this new captor/captive serial novella series. Each volume in the series will give you only a part of the full story but they are meant to be complete stories in their own right with a conclusion. This novella deals with how the heroine is kidnapped and it definitely sets up this series surprisingly well. I am definitely intrigued and am anxious to see how this all unfolds.

Lilly Ryder is a college student trying to make something of her life to avoid turning out like her dead-beat mother. The story commences with Lilly awakening in a dark and unfamiliar room with no immediate recollection of how she got there. She is wearing a collar with a chip inside it which is there to electrocute her painfully should she attempt to venture too far from the area she is contained in. Lilly is presented with a contract to sign by her mysterious captor that goes by J.S. The terms of her submission and servitude are eloquently outlined in this atrocious contract. Can Lilly be strong enough to resist signing the document no matter what her captor does to ensure that she relinquishes control or will she sign away her freedom?

clip_image003

The author does not present this story in sequence. There are quite a few time changes from past to present all in Lilly’s POV. I actually enjoyed this as it made the short novella more interesting and set it apart from the norm. I think this author was very creative in how she went about giving her reader pieces of Lilly’s background and how she came to be held captive by a cryptic and enigmatic man who wants her to sign a contract and submit to him. Despite the short length of this story, I found that I ended up truly liking Lilly. I appreciated her strength and tenacity and loved the fact that she was portrayed as a strong character. Lilly finds herself in a terrifying situation; however, she is a fighter and will not be taken down easily.

All in all, Uncovering You (Part One: The Contract) was a pretty interesting read. The next volume entitled Submission is set to be released on April 20, 2014. I am looking forward to finding out what happens between Lilly and J.S.

 

Purchase Links

Amazon US  | Amazon UK

 

Series Reading Order

1. Uncovering You: The Contract

2. Uncovering You: The Submission – due April 20th

 

Connect With The Author

Website | Facebook | Goodreads

1 comment:

  1. Well from what I read with the synopsis and Lisa's review, Uncovering You: The Contract sounds really interesting. I will definitely plan to read and form my own opinion.
    Thank you,
    Ginger Robertson aka robertsonreads

    ReplyDelete