Monday, March 31, 2014

Five Miles by Lili St Germain ~ Release Day Review

five miles

Title: Five Miles (Gypsy Brothers,  # 3)

Author: Lili St Germaine

Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance

Release date: March 31 2014

add to gr

Synopsis

My father taught me the importance of an eye for an eye—a cardinal rule, ingrained in every club member.


A life for a life.


Seven lives in payment for an unimaginable list of sins.
People might wonder why I’m doing this. If this vengeance is borne from some noble cause. If I’m trying to prevent others from suffering at the hands of Dornan Ross and his sons.


But I’m no selfless vigilante.


I’m doing this for me. I’m doing it because I want to.


I’m doing this because I just want to be able to sleep at night without seeing their faces.
This is the fate they have earned. The penance for their crimes.


Time to send some of these brothers off with a bang.

 

 

Lisa’s Review

 

5 “Nail-Biting” Stars!

 

“But I’m no selfless vigilante.
I’m doing this for me. I’m doing it because I want to.” ~Julz (a.k.a. Sammi)

 

clip_image002

HOLY MOTHER OF ALL FUCKS!

I started off with this series a little unsure as I was having a hard time with the choices the heroine made in order to solidify her presence within the Gypsy Brothers MC. But…shit! Lili St. Germain is upping the ante. This book blew me away. It was one nail-biting moment after another and I ripped through this volume in record time. I was literally biting my nails the entire time while reading this.

sb biting nails

So…dammit Ms. St. Germain…..you owe me a dang manicure!!!! Got that!

Five Miles is the third volume in Lili St. Germain’s Gypsy Brothers serial novella series and it picks up immediately where book two ends. With two Ross brothers now dead, it is utter chaos in the Gypsy Brothers’ world. Dornan is essentially losing it and it lashing out trying to come to grips with the fact that he has lost two sons in such a short period of time. Everyone is a suspect and no mercy is being shown. The Gypsy Brothers prepare to strike who Dornan believes is responsible for the death of his sons and Julz (a.k.a. Sammi) continues on her path of vengeance.

What I loved about this book is how real and emotionally raw Julz seemed to be. Yes, she is one bad-ass hell bent on seeking destruction upon those who have wronged her; but, in this book she is breaking down. What she has been forced to endure and all that she has yet to accomplish is weighing down on her. Julz is truly alone in her vengeful indignation and it is eating away at her, piece by piece. My heart truly broke for her.

clip_image005

Julz, in this volume, had powerful scenes with both Elliott and Jase and we get a little more regarding the years that Elliott and Julz spent together after she escaped from the Gypsy Brothers the first time. Jase is also becoming more suspicious of Julz and there is a lot of tension. Further, this author throws some serious curveballs our way when it comes to Jase and Julz. Shite! That is all I am going to say. This entire series truly deserves to be read without any spoilers. Trust me.

All in all, Five Miles was an incredible addition to this serial novella series that is fast becoming one of the best written series of books I have read. It is action-packed, suspenseful, gritty, tough and fucking fantastic!!!! So, what is next you may be wondering? Well, I will simply let you know that I want to hang this author up by her titties until she gives us the next volume in the series. Gah! What an ending! Four Score, is due to be released May 26th and, frankly, that date can’t come fast enough for me. *giddy with anticipation*

clip_image007

Series Reading Order

 

Book 1 – Seven Sons

(currently FREE!!)

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Our Review

Book 2 – Six Brothers

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Our Review

Book 3 – Five Years

Amazon US | Amazon UK

Book 4 – Four Score

Four Score, the fourth book in the Gypsy Brothers series, will be released on May 26th, 2014. To be notified as soon as it’s available, sign up here

Four Score

Love and hate aren’t all that different.

Two sides of the same coin, the yin and the yang.

Once upon a time, Jason Ross loved me. And now that he knows what I’ve done, I see the love and the hate warring within him.

I see the way he looks at me.

The way he wonders how I could do the things I’ve done.

I hear it in the way he begs me to stop, to leave this life and run away with him.

But there’s only one way I’m leaving LA.

And that’ll be when Dornan and the rest of his sons are dead and buried.

Jase might forgive me for what I’ve done.

But will he forgive me for the crimes I’m yet to commit?

 

About The Author

Lili writes dark romance. Her debut serial novel, Seven Sons, was released in early 2014, with the following books in the series coming out in quick succession. Lili quit corporate life to focus on writing and is loving every minute of it.

Her other loves in life include her gorgeous husband, beautiful daughter, watching Tarantino movies and drinking good wine. She loves to read almost as much as she loves to write.

Lili also writes paranormal fantasy.

If you want to get an automatic email when Lili’s next book is released, sign up here. Your email address will never be shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.

Word-of-mouth is crucial for any author to succeed. If you enjoyed the book, please consider leaving a review. Even if it’s only a sentence of two, it makes a huge difference and would be very much appreciated.

 

Say Hello!

Lili always loves hearing from readers. You can find her in the following places:

Facebook Page

Facebook profile

Twitter

Lili’s Website

Email: lilisaintgermain@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    You've got me curious now. I will definitely plan to check out Lili's other books. Thank you for your review.
    Ginger Robertson aka robertsonreads

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is soooo freaking addictive!! You hate what she's doing, yet don't blame her a bit and wonder if you'd have the balls to do the same under the same circumstances. Then you find yourself hoping you would. Even when Julz is having twisted emotions about having sex with Dornan, the author makes it plain she's doing it all for vengeance and you can't help but root her on to F him in more ways then one!!!!

    ReplyDelete