Sunday, March 09, 2014

Fearless by Rachel Van Dyken ~ Release Day Review

fearless rahel

Title: Fearless (Ruin, #2.5)

Author: Rachel Van Dyken

Genre: New Adult

Release Date: March 9 2014

goodreads-badge-add-plus grey



When I met Kiersten, time stood still. It was as if every cell in my body screamed HER. I couldn't look away, I couldn't walk away, I couldn't even move. My other half, my soul mate, was staring right at me. I had to have her. I had to make her mine. But I felt selfish doing that--knowing that I may not have endless amounts of time to give her...and even now that every things' over with and I've been given that time back.

Nothing is ever certain in this life.

Which is why I'm about to do something crazy, impulsive, daring.
After all, what type of person would I be if I didn't take my own advice?
I'm jumping off the cliff, I'm living fearlessly.

This is the continuation of Wes and Kiersten's story.


Lisa’s Review


4 “Wes & Kiersten” Stars


“Plato believed that reasoning originated within the brain, but passion? Passion originated in what he called the fiery heart. Separate from all logic – fueled by blood, driven by passions. I for one, completely side with Plato, how else could I explain the way she made me feel? It went against logic. It went against life. Against death. It was transcendent.” ~Wes Michels


fearless 1


Fearless by Rachel Van Dyken is a short novella in her Ruin series about a couple that fans of this series have fallen in love with. This is a continuation of Wes and Kiersten’s epic love story that was idyllically romantic and that simply left me with a happy heart. This quick read told in both POVs is an emotional and heartfelt look into Wes’ wonderful wedding surprise for Kiersten. Wes continues to prove that his love for Kiersten is powerful and strong, so solid that it makes him fearless.


fearless 2


I have become such a huge fan of this author. She has this innate ability to write such powerful and emotional books that take a hold of your heart and do not let go until the story has come to an end. While this novella is only 100 pages long, Ms. Van Dyken still manages to provide an ardently passionate snippet into Wes and Kiersten’s special day. I seriously felt the emotions that Wes and Kiersten were feeling pouring off the pages of my kindle. I loved it.

If you read Ruin and enjoyed it, there is no doubt in my mind that you will fall in love with Kiersten and Wes once again in Fearless. Seeing them get a happy forever cemented by binding themselves to one another was nothing short of joyful. This short novella left me happily sighing. We get a couple short chapters in this book from Lisa’s point of view. Her book is up next. Shame is due out in June 2014 and I for one am anxiously anticipating another wonderful book from this author.


fearless 3


Purchase Links

amazon icon US  amazon icon UK


Series Reading Order

1. Ruin -  Amazon US + Amazon UK 

2. Toxic - Amazon US + Amazon UK

2.5 Fearless - Amazon US + Amazon UK

3. Shame -  coming soon


Author Bio

Author PhotoRachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances. When she's not writing you can find her drinking coffee at Starbucks and plotting her next book while watching The Bachelor.

She keeps her home in Idaho with her Husband and their snoring Boxer, Sir Winston Churchill. She loves to hear from readers!





TOXIC Goodreads:

Rachel Van Dyken Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment