Sunday, February 16, 2014

New Review: Six Brothers by Lili St Germain

six brothers liliECOVER-2

Title: Six Brothers (Gypsy Brothers,  # 2)

Author: Lili St Germaine

Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance

Release date: February 16 2014

goodreads-badge-add-plus grey

Synopsis

I have lied.


I have cheated.


I have given my body and my life to the man who destroyed my family and left me for dead.


I have killed, I have sinned, and worst of all, I have enjoyed the misery of others.
I have licked the salty tears of a father mourning his firstborn son, and nothing has ever tasted so sweet.


I have died, and I have been resurrected, a phoenix from the ashes.


I know I’m going to hell. I’ll burn in the fiery pits alongside Dornan and his sons for the things I’ve done, and for the things I’m about to do.


But I don’t care. It will be worth every lick of the devils flames on my guilty flesh to destroy Dornan Ross.


One down, six to go

 

Lisa’s Review

 

4 “One Down. Two Down. BANG!” Stars

 

six brothers 1

 

Six Brothers by Lili St. Germain is book two in her Gypsy Brothers serial novella series. This book was no different than its predecessor, Seven Sons, in that it packs one hell of a powerful punch. Ms. Germain continues to be unapologetic in her writing and once again provides her reader with a novella that is a brutally raw look into the harsh reality of the biker world. I will state that this is a “serial” series and each book should be read in order and the story flows from one book to another. Each novella is not a stand-alone.

This book picks up where book one leaves us. Julz (aka. Sammi) continues on her quest for vengeance against Dornan and his sons. Chad, the eldest son and Dornan’s favorite, is dead and the mourning has begun. Julz is basking in the afterglow of her first kill and absorbing all the sadness and grief coming from Dornan secretly rejoicing that she has managed to take out one of the brothers. Julz is the in the viper’s pit sacrificing her soul but she needs to make her tormentors pay. Every motherfucker will go down or she will die trying. The deceit and intrigue increase ten-fold. Will Julz be able to continue on the path of revenge and destruction?

 

six brothers 2

 

I will start by fully admitting that Lili St. Germain won me over with this book. I enjoyed book one but I was put off by Julz’ relationship with Dornan. It all simply did not sit right with me and I found it not only disturbing but very unbelievable. I was so saddened at this direction in the storyline and wished that the author chose another way for Julz to get into the club. With this being said, I found myself reaching a level of acceptance while reading this book. While I still may not like or enjoy the fact that Julz is choosing to sell her soul to the devil by doing what she is doing, I can’t help but admire that level of tenacity and dedication. That bitch is bad-ass! I also enjoyed the fact that we got a bit more of Elliot in this book as well as Jase. Julz and Jase definitely continue to dance around one another. I am wondering when Jase will realize who Julz really is and how the revelation will be deal with.

All in all, Six Brothers kicked-ass. I am now wholly invested in this series and can’t wait for Five Miles, the next book. Most of all, I am anxious to see all the sick fucks be taken down. Yes, I am embracing my inner bitch and am on board with all this vengeance shit. Bring it!

 

six brothers 3

 

Series Reading Order

  1. Seven Sons
  2. Six Brothers
  3. Five Miles – due for release March 30th 2014

  4. TBC

 

Connect With The Author

Blog | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter

 

1 comment:

  1. I just read the first two books in the series and loved them! I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete