Monday, February 10, 2014

New Review: Ravage Me by Ryan Michele

ravage me

Title: Ravage Me (Ravage MC, #1)

Author: Ryan Michele

Genre: Biker Erotic Romance

Release Date: February 4 2014

goodreads-badge-add-plus grey


After spending the last two years stuck behind bars for a crime she didn’t commit, Harlow ‘Princess’ Gavelson’s time inside has finally come to an end, and she’s ready for revenge.

Unfortunately, being the daughter to the Vice President of the Ravage Motorcycle Club cuts into her plans, as orders must be followed. Trying to settle back into this life is proving difficult when the tables are turned and the woman who framed her is out for blood. Lucky for Princess, growing up in a MC has taught her how to hold her own.
After spending years in hell overseas, Donavon ‘Cruz’ came home to lose the very thing he went into hell for, sending him to the darkest moments of his life. Joining Ravage two years ago was his safe haven, and he protects his family at all costs.

When a dark-haired bombshell struts into the club’s shop, he’s caught off guard but immediately knows she’s the one he’d do anything for. Tough as nails, and taking no crap from anyone, he’s captivated by a woman who could handle this life. Trying to meet the needs of the MC business and follow his heart proves to be difficult when the two collide, and lives are at stake.

Can these two find a way to be together, or will the needs of Ravage cost them everything, including their lives?

*Contains mature content including, sex and violence. Mature audiences only.*


Becs’ Review


Well, I think it’s safe to say that this book pushed me pretty far out of my comfort zone.  It’s all sharp corners and harsh edges – if you’re expect hearts and flowers and a soft, beautiful romance, trust me, you’re not going to find it here.


This story explodes out of the blocks right from the very beginning and its breakneck speed doesn’t let up – it’s pulsating, dynamic and it pretty much left me breathless.  I will say that some of the action, some of the decisions made by the central characters left me a little nonplussed and I struggled to grasp their motivation and reasons.


The story centres around Harlow ‘Princess’ Galveson who has just got out of prison after serving two years for a crime she didn’t commit.  She was framed and the first thought on her mind is revenge.  She’s the daughter of the VP of Ravage MC and she heads straight home to the clubhouse on her release to retrieve her bike and get her quest for vengeance on the road.  While she’s been away, a new guy, Cruz, has been patched in and he takes one look at her riding her bike to orgasm and decides she’s his Ole Lady!  Trust me, it happens that quickly and this is after he’s held a gun to her head after she took down another club member.


Harlow, our heroine, is really a girl like no other I have read.  She has cojones of steel and is so alpha, she’s practically a dude.  She’s foul-mouthed, violent and overtly sexual and it’s hard to get inside her mindset – she’s really not an easy heroine to identify with.  A lot of the time I found myself cringing at her actions and some of the things she said.


I did really like Cruz who is a single father to the adorable Cooper.  Cruz is tough, macho, alpha and totally badass.  I think he did fall too quickly for Harlow and I’m not a huge fan of instalove in the books I read but I did enjoy the time he and Harlow shared a page together – very hot and very sexual.


The story just gallops along – there’s really not a dull moment and, despite the heroine being way too much for my tender tastes, I did find myself absorbed by the story.  I really wanted to know how it would all work out.  I think, if you’re a fan of MC romance novels, then you will like this one a lot.  The whole set up is very reminiscent of Sons of Anarchy and it’s brutal, full of badly behaved bikers, rough, tough and very edgy and definitely a walk on the wilder side of MC Romance.


3 stars


Connect With The Author

Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads


1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting after reading blurb, excerpt and review. Sometimes we do need to read and think outside our box.
    Thank you,
    Ginger aka robertsonreads