Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Every Second With You by Lauren Blakeley

cover

Title: Every Second With You  (No Regrets, #2)

Author: Lauren Blakely

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Release Date: February 10 2014

goodreads-badge-add-plus grey

 

Synopsis

Every Second With You = Sex. Love. Addiction. Heartache. Pain. And Hope.


In the sequel to the bestselling THE THRILL OF IT, Harley and Trey face new challenges that will make battling blackmail, sex addiction, and a virgin call girl past look easy…


I used to think love was a lie. Now I know it’s real, powerful, and I don’t want to lose it…But my future scares me, and there’s no way this can be happening, especially since I’ve finally broken free from all the people who wanted pieces of me. I don’t even know how to start over, but I have to find a way. So when I discover what my mother’s been keeping from me, it doesn’t make me hate her. It gives me hope for a new life, outside of New York. But the ties that bind me to this city are so strong, sometimes they are chains. If only I could leave with…


Trey...


I will do anything for her. She owns me, heart, mind and body. But when Harley tells me this, I am rocked to the core, and terrified of what happens next. Especially when this time it’s not her past that chases me, it’s someone from my own. And that someone is messing with my head when I’m trying to be strong for Harley. But all I really want is to escape with the girl I love…For the rest of our lives.


How can you move forward when the past keeps chasing you?

 

 

every second with you collage

 

Becs’ Review

 

Every Second With You is the second and final part of the two book No Regrets series. It does not work as a standalone novel and it is necessary to read the first book in the series, The Thrill Of It, to fully appreciate this story.

 

This was, as expected, a beautifully written and deeply satisfying conclusion to Trey and Harley’s story.  In The Thrill Of It, we saw them both dealing with their addictions and slowly coming together as a couple and in Every Second With You we see them moving together as a couple having firmly put their demons behind them.

 

Harley has something to tell Trey, something that she discovered at the end of the first book and she’s terrified to tell him.  The tragedies of his past will affect the way he deals with this issue and it’s a tough time for the two of them.  I really felt for Trey – he’s suffered a huge amount of loss and the guy is terrified but his love for Harley and what they mean to each other will eventually help him to come to terms with this and allow them to once again start moving forward as a couple.

 

every second with you afraid

 

As you’d expect from Lauren Blakely this is very well written with plenty of time given for Harley and Trey to fully explore the depths of their feelings for one another and it’s a very deep. very emotional story with a few tearjerker moments when I really felt for what they were going through.  They experience plenty of highs and lows and we’re taken on a very emotional journey with them.

 

So, why 3.5 stars?  Well, for me, this reads more like a huge epilogue than it does as a second part of a series as there isn’t a much going on for Harley and Trey to deal with in this one as they are an established couple for the whole book – it’s only in the last 10% that we get any real drama.  They both have issues to deal with from their pasts and still struggle to deal with their addictions but this is mostly just the two of them growing together as a happy couple.  It’s got a much higher steam factor than the first book but it’s much, much lower on angst.  It’s wonderfully written as you’d expect from Lauren Blakely and brings Harley and Trey full circle with a very satisfying and romantic conclusion to their story.

 

every second with you quotey

 

3.5 stars

 

Series Reading Order

  1. The Thrill Of It

  2. Every Second With You

 

1 comment:

  1. Great review, Becs! I'm glad the writing was good and gave you a good conclusion, even if it wasn't a drama-filled read.

    ReplyDelete