Monday, February 17, 2014

Angels in Leather by Bella Jewel: Release Blitz

Angels In Leather

Title: Angels in Leather (Rebels on Bikes, #1)

Author: Bella Jewel

Genre:  Biker Romance

Release Date: February 11, 2014

goodreads-badge-add-plus grey

Synopsis

A girl on the run.


Her father gave her one task before he died. To deliver a package.


Now she has the baddest biker in the state after her.
He wants what she's got.


Secrets in both the past and the present threaten to destroy what she is working so hard for.


He threatens to ruin her heart.


Two worlds will collide to make something explosive.

 

1623777_652308831494128_1060712373_n

 

Lisa’s Review

 

4 Stars!

“It’s so brutal. So raw. So dirty.”

 

clip_image002

 

Angels in Leather by Bella Jewel is the first book in her new biker series, Rebels on Bikes. A girl on the run attempting to fulfill her father’s dying wish and a biker on a mission to capture her and retrieve what she’s got. A game of cat and mouse. When the two finally collide, will the deeply buried secrets and darkness engulf them both? Bella Jewel has written a raw and gritty book that had me enthralled and hanging on for the dark ride. It was fierce, vicious and hard to take; however, I loved every second of the twisted journey.

 

clip_image004

 

“I know how it feels to be surrounded by darkness, Cricket. But don’t you ever…ever let it consume you.”

 

Meadow has been entrusted with information and she is on the run attempting to get it to the right person. This was her father’s dying wish when he was brutally shot. Meadow has been hunted for over one year. The man who killed her father is now after her and she is the prey forced to keep a constant and vigilant look out. Meadow knows exactly who is after her. He once was a man she cared for and looked up to, he was her friend. Now she is being forced to participate in this fucked up and cruel game of chase. There is no rest for the wicked. Meadow knows that he will eventually find her. And, he does….

 

clip_image006

 

“Beauty – it just doesn’t cover what he is. He can’t be classified as beautiful. There is only one word I could ever use to describe him, and that is…devastating.”

 

Axel Wraithe is the President of the Angel in Leather MC. He is all sorts of fucked and broken with no hopes of ever finding his way out of the darkness that consumes him. Ever since he killed the man who was responsible for the demons that now devour him, Axel has been tracking the daughter of the said man. She holds information vital to his club and he will stop at nothing to get it back and out of her hands. She may be smart to have eluded him for over one year, but he is not letting anything hold him back. He will find her and when he does, God help her.

When Axel finally captures Meadow the game does not end there. Meadow’s life is threatened and Axel is determined to now keep her safe. The pair soon realize that something integral connects them. Both find themselves denying the profound link they share; but, the cravings they feel for each other can only be ignored for so long. When dark and perverse secrets come to light and the threat Meadow and Axel are facing is coming on strong, can they hang on to what has started between them or will it all incinerate under the intense heat and turn to ashes?

 

clip_image008

clip_image010

This is a book of contradictions. Meadow is scared of Axel. He is not the man she remembers. There is now a darkness that has changed him and left him a shattered and broken man. Yet, despite this, Meadow can’t seem to stop herself from feeling attracted to him and is horrified by the strength of the force that is leading her into the arms of the enemy. Meadow is in no way weak or pitiful and does stand her ground against all the arrogant dominance that is Axel. But it is hard not to give in when she remembers the man that Axel once was. She wants to fight for that man. Then there is Axel. He is an ass-hat of epic proportions and in no way lures Meadow into his sphere with sweetness and butterflies. Axel is a hard and brutal man with a soul beyond repair. He has experienced horrific situations that have left him a shell of the man he once was. He is utterly broken and can in no way repress the dark urges that now make up part of who he is. Yet, you can’t help but feel for him. His despair and the void that threatens to swallow him whole on a daily basis is all consuming. He knows and understands that he is damaged; however, Meadow calls to him at a deeper level. It just may take him some time to finally give in to all that he is feeling.

 

All in all, Angels in Leather is an electrifying start to what promises to be an edgy new biker series. I am a huge fan of Bella Jewel and went into this book expecting greatness. This author sure delivered. If you are familiar with her other biker series, The MC Sinners, this series definitely has darker undertones compared to her earlier works. We are introduced to some interesting secondary characters and are left with a little taste of what book two may be about. I am so excited for more. The next book in this series can’t come fast enough for me.

 

clip_image012

 

Excerpt

 

“Fight me, don’t you stop,” Axel breathes into my ear. “I won’t hurt you, Cricket,” he murmurs, running his finger down the side of my face. “But I need you to fight.”

So, that’s what I do. 

I start by squirming, trying to twist my body around. He presses his body against mine, and reaches up, tangling his fingers into the fence. He thrusts his hips, ramming both out bodies harder into the wire. I groan, and throw my head back, hitting him in the face. He snarls, and takes my hands, quickly uncuffing me before pulling them harshly behind my back and jerking my body back into his. 

I hear the cuffs drop onto the ground. 

I guess he’s letting me play this fairly.

“Stop that,” he rasps into my ear. “I’ll make it hurt if you do that again.”

“Maybe I want it to hurt,” I hiss, fisting my hands together and shoving them backwards into his stomach. 

He stumbles off me with a grunt, and I spin around, ducking to the left and attempting to run. I don’t get two steps before Axel lashes out, taking my ankle and pulling me so hard I go down into the dirt. My face just misses being smashed into it by mere centimeters. Axel flattens his body over mine, and takes my head in his hands, jerking my head back by my hair and breathing down on me. “You’re being a bad girl,” he husks, running a finger down the side of my face. 

“You’re not letting me play fair,” I whisper. “I was cuffed before, it wasn’t a fair chase.”

I feel his weight lift off me, and he jerks me up, pulling me into a standing position. 

“Run, then. I’ll give you five seconds, and if I catch you again, Meadow, I’m going to f**k you,” he murmurs, then his eyes grow lusty. “Hard.” I turn without answering, and I run into the trees at the back of the lot. I hear Axel counting loudly, and my body shivers. I am sweating now, and my breathing is hard and ragged, but the chase is so worth that. I hear Axel take off after me, and I squeal with delight as I weave through the trees. It’s dark, but I can see enough because of the lights surrounding the club house. 

“The minute I get hold of you,” Axel yells. “I’m goin’ to rip your panties down and put my d**k so deep inside you, you’re goin’ to scream.” I shiver, and swallow. I make my way to the fence line again, and I press myself against it for a second, letting my eyes scan the trees.  “Then I’m goin’ to kiss you so hard your lips will bleed.”

Oh my. 

I take off, using the fence line as a guide to get back to the other end of the lot. I can hear Axel to my left, and I know he’s gaining on me, but if I run, it’ll make a lot of noise and he’ll figure out where I am. 

“Come out come out wherever you are,” he sings. “You know I’ll make you come so much your legs will give way.”

I feel a smile on my face as I keep moving along the fence, keeping my body plastered against it. I can feel my own arousal dampening my panties, and now I’m eager for him to get his hands on me. I want to

 

 

Author Bio

Bella Jewel is an Aussie girl through and through. She spent her life in Western Australia, growing up in many different areas of the state. She now currently lives in Perth with her husband, children and mass amounts of pets. She's crazy, fun, outgoing and friendly. Writing is her passion, she started at the young age of 18 but finally got the courage up to publish, and her first novel Hell's Knights was released in August 2013.

Author Social Media Links

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Bella-Jewel/513907282000951

Website: http://authorbellajewel.wix.com/bella-jewel

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7178194.Bella_Jewel

1 comment: