Thursday, January 02, 2014

Review: Seven Sons by Lili St Germain

seven sons

Title: Seven Sons (Gypsy Brothers,  # 1)

Author: Lili St. Germain

Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance

Release date: January 5th 2014

goodreads-badge-add-plus grey


My father was most certainly NOT an innocent man. As the leader of the Gypsy Brothers MC, he was guilty of many things. But he died for a crime that he didn’t commit, framed by an enemy within who then stole his club and everything he had ever worked to protect.
Including my innocence.
When Dornan Ross framed my father, he set into motion a series of events that could never be undone. My father was murdered by Dornan Ross and his sons when I was fifteen years old.
Before my father died, Dornan Ross and his seven sons stole my innocence, branded my skin and in doing so, ensured that their lives would be prematurely cut short. That they would suffer.
I’ve just turned twenty-one, and I’m out for blood. I'm out for revenge.
But I didn't expect to fall for Jase, the youngest brother in the club.
I didn't expect that he would turn my world upside down, yank my heart out of my chest and ride away into the sunset with it.
Now, I'm faced with an impossible choice - Jase, or avenging my fathers death?



Seven Sons is the first part of a serial. It packs a punch in a small amount of time, kind of like the way a TV show aims to do each episode. This book is about half the size of an average novel, because the "episodes" are designed to be released in quick succession.


Lisa’s Review


3.5 Stars

“What was born as fear and grief has long since blossomed into hatred and rage.”



Seven Sons by Lili Saint Germain is the first book in her new serial series that will consist of seven books in total with the remainder of the books to be released in 2014. I am not usually the biggest fan of serial novella type books as some work and others fall abysmally flat. I will admit that this author has made it work with her ingenuity and creativity as to how the series is set up. I was captivated for the entirety of this short 100 page book. Ms. Germain’s writing is strong and it definitely packs a gritty and powerful kick to the gonads. This book is raw, harsh and is absolutely not for the faint of heart as it does deal with aspects that are darker. This is an unapologetic look into the harsh reality of the biker world and the sick, twisted and cruel sickos that can come forth out of the woodworks.




Juliette Portland, at the age of fifteen, suffered a brutality tragic incident that stole her innocence and almost left her dead. Six years later the only thing that drives Juliette and gives her purpose is her insatiable need for revenge. She has nursed her need long enough and it is finally time to go after those responsible for shifting her life into one of loss and heartache. It is time to make them pay. An eye for an eye.

Juliette Portland becomes Samantha Peyton and she is seeking vengeance and retribution.

Juliette is prepared to infiltrate the organization that once belonged to her father and stand against the men who are responsible for her father’s demise and her brutal attack, Dornan Ross and his seven sons. Her plan is to immerse herself into a world of evil and depravity to exact her revenge. She is after the devil and his minions and is determined to take them out no matter the cost. Facing the demons from her past may prove harder than she thought. Can she actually go through with that has consumed her for so long?

When she arrives at her destination, Juliette comes face to face with the man who destroyed her and the one son who she once loved. However, the past is the past and Juliette has a mission. No one can be trusted.

This book definitely had me on the edge of my seat. While there are hints of something developing between Juliette and Jase (the youngest son who she once had deep feelings for), the book primarily focuses on Juliette infiltrating the Gypsy MC and catching the attention of the president, Dornan. While I thoroughly enjoyed this book I did have some huge issues with it which revolved around what developed between Dornan and Juliette. Holy sick mother of all fucks!!!!! Dornan Ross puzzled me. Here is a man that obviously has to watch his back and be careful as to who he lets into his inner circle. His quick insta-obsession with Juliette did not seem right to me. Yes, I get that the guy is flat-out sadistic and crazy, but to completely fall into a crazed fixation with someone you just “met” did not make sense. Also, I have a hard time swallowing what happens between Juliette and Dornan in this book. Here is a girl who experienced something so tragic and horrific that I am surprised it did not break her. I do not believe that she would willingly choose what occurs between her and the psycho president of the biker club. It all simply did not sit right with me and I found it not only disturbing but very unbelievable. I was so saddened at this direction in the storyline and wished that the author chose another way for Juliette to get into the club. I can say a lot more about this but I am trying to write a review without spoilers.

All in all, I did enjoy Seven Sons. This is a book that is extremely well thought-out and well written. I may have had some issues with the direction the author has chosen to go in, but this does not prevent me from admitting that Ms. Germain is a very talented writer with an amazing skill at entrancing her readers. The next book in the series is called Six Sons and it is due out in February 2014. While I do not like some of the developments that occurred in this first installment, I am looking forward to the next book. My inner bitch wants Dornan and his sons to pay and I want to see how it all plays out.



Series Reading Order


  1. Seven Sons
  2. Six Brothers
  3. TBC………

Connect With The Author


Blog | Facebook | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment