Monday, January 13, 2014

New Review: Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy

second chance boyfriend

Title: Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend, #2)

Author: Monica Murphy 

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Release Date: November 5 2013

goodreads-badge-add-plus grey

 

Synopsis


Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.


But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.


Love her…


If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.


Forever.

 

Lisa’s Review

 

5 Stars

clip_image002

What a perfect ending to a wonderful story! I loved this book! Drew and Fable’s story is a heavy one full of dark secrets, shameful pasts, loss, pain – but, to see them overcome it all and come out strong and so very in love was heart-melting. Sigh!

Second Chance Boyfriend begins about two months after the first book, One Week Girlfriend, leaves us. Drew walked away from Fable after spending one last memorable night with her and the two have not seen each other for the two months. Fable is trying to move on with her life despite the heart-break. She has a new job and is doing her best to take care of herself and her brother, Owen. Drew is miserable without Fable but believes that he made the best decision for Fable by walking away. He believes he is not good enough for her. Drew simply does what he does best.....runs. He is also taking some steps in his life like seeing a psychologist. Drew and Fable finally run into one another at Fable’s new work place and once again the sparks fly.

Her name is Fable. A story. A myth. A fairy tale. She’s my story.

*
“I’ve always run away in the past. But you, Fable. You make me want to stay.”

*
“I’m not letting her go. Ever. I need her too much. I love her too damn much.”

This second is really about Drew and Fable finding their way back to one another, learning how to truly be there for one another and allowing their love to blossom and become something real and potent. It was so beautiful to see Drew and Fable opening up and learning to depend on and trust one another. The pair have been alone all their lives and they have had no choice but to shut down and learn to take care of themselves. It was not an easy road for these two broken souls to allow someone in, give them power over their hearts and trust. In their desperation they clung to one another and found that they acquired exactly what they needed – pure tenderness and unconditional love. It was an arduous and difficult journey but one that was so worth it. These two also shared some seriously hot smexy scenes. Wow! Essentially, my heart and my panties melted during this read. ;)

She holds my heart in her hands. And for the first time in my life, I give it over to her completely. Freely. Fable Maguire owns me. And I know I own her.

*
“I love you so much, Fable.”

My heart cracks in two, both at his pain and his beautiful, much-needed declaration. “I love you, too.”

*
“I love you. You know that, right?”

I frown. “Yeah, I know. I love you, too. Lots.”

“Lots?”

“Mega-lots.”

There were no huge and shocking revelations in this book like in book one. I found that Second Chance Boyfriend was more about Drew and Fable overcoming their obstacles rather than any villains coming forth and taking stabs at them. Don’t get me wrong there is still some drama and I was on the edge of my seat for a few particular scenes towards the end but this book was more about transformation – Drew and Fable’s transformation. Drew was so lifeless before Fable came into his life and in a sense Fable saves him. She saves Drew from himself, from drowning in his past and his guilt. It was beautiful to watch Drew turn into someone who simply came back to life again. He learned to live again. He also learned how to care for someone and be there for them. It seems that Fable was always the strong one in the relationship constantly holding Drew up; however, Drew proved himself by being there for her when she needed it most. They simply balanced each other out and were perfect for one another.

All in all, Second Chance Boyfriend was a tender-hearted and passionate conclusion to Drew and Fables love story. I am looking forward to more books. The next one is about Colin and Jen and I am definitely intrigued. It will also be awesome to catch up with Drew and Fable.


Our story changed into two warrior cynics facing the world together.

Now, we own the happily ever after and we refuse to let that bitch go.

 

Series Reading Order

Connect With The Author

Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

 

1 comment: